Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-05-2012, 03:52 PM #1
nullset

PMR, Proto Matrix, Rail, etc. Explain the last 5 years of Proto?

I've been out of the game for quite a while (Angel gone, Smart Parts = GoG? WTF?), but have been scouring PBNation and eBay trying to learn up on the markers I've missed. I've been drawn towards some of the Proto stuff for a number of reasons, but I'm a bit confused about the naming convention (especially on eBay, where I don't think people know what to call their guns).

Somebody posted this statement elsewhere in this forum: "pm8> pm7> pm6> 2011 Reflex > 2009 PMR > 2011 Rail". So what's the lineage? Did they make just one marker called the Proto Matrix from 2006-2008, then split off into multiple markers? I've seen some 2007 Proto Rails, and Proto Matrix Rails how do they fit in, and how can I tell them apart?

Thanks.
nullset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2012, 04:26 PM #2
tyler151

tyler151 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tyler151 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Im comming off the same boat you are, comming back from a long break (seems to be the same time frame as well). From what i gather, people have become upset with proto because the "high end" matrix's (SP?) are no longer available, and the reflex i belive has the new crown as the top of the line from proto then with the "rail" just using less expensive parts (solenoid i think is the main concern here) and composites? maybe? ... grab a used clean PM8 or "reflex" and stay away from the "rail" i think is what most people are going to tell you .... hope it helped at least a little bit
tyler151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:05 PM #3
jmfknpizzle

jmfknpizzle owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jmfknpizzle is attending Decay of Nations VI
Proto matrix 8 was pretty much the dm9 dye lost money so they dropped the pm line but continued the rail line which sucked compared to the pm line
jmfknpizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:43 AM #4
cmdrsuds

Pm8 is the best then PM7/6, reflex rail with TechT bolt, 2009/10 PMR, Non UL frame PMR 07/08, 2011 Rail (shoots like an ION) weird cough chuff sound.. I personally hate it and don't find the eye pipe worth the extra cash

This list is based on price which is also why the base 2011 rail is at the bottom since it is way more expensive than the older PMRs and doesn't offer an improved shot.

Hands down though.. get a PM8/7/6 nothing else. They are 200 to 300 and down to 130 for a PM6 no UL frame. They all use the fuse bolt system which is what in ALL the DYE matrixes. The PM8 kill shoot a little better, more efficient, lighter. Pretty much choose between those three based on cost and looks they shoot VERY similar. You can do a lot to improve them with $60 by getting an Eigenring bolt and can polished and using special orings < all that can be debated about so do your research to see if they sound worth it.

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:02 AM #5
nullset

Awesome, good to hear from everyone. Looks like I'll be posting a WTB for a pm8 soon.
nullset is offline   Reply With Quote