PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-14-2012, 08:18 PM #1
mooger

Clone sensor fault

Hi,

I bought a second hand v1.00 clone, and it was in pretty rough condition. I'm trying to diagnose the "sensor fault" issue (looks like this {?}). I updated the board to militia 2.0 software to run the replacement OLED screen I had to get already. There is no visible eye beam light, and the eyes themselves look in okay condition other than the fact that one of the wires has some of its sheathing stripped off.

Is it likely I can fix it with just an eye swap? How hard is it to perform? Or is it a known underlying issue with the board/software interface?

Thanks guys!
mooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2012, 10:00 PM #2
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
If there is no visible beam the eyes are not working. Swap out the eyes and you'll be good. Fairly straightforward just be careful not to pinch the wires.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:34 PM #3
mooger

I think I've got the eyes working again. I think a wire was being pinched or shorted. I tried testing it by putting a paintball in it w/o air. It registers { } at first, then {o} when I insert the paintball, then the solenoid clicks when I pull the trigger, then it goes to {?} again (paintball is still in the tube b/c there is no air). I'm assuming this is correct behavior? It thinks there is a sensor fault because the paintball hasn't shot out when I pulled the trigger? If I remove the paintball and put it back in again it repeats the same behavior
mooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:19 PM #4
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
Yes that's correct.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote