PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-06-2012, 10:19 AM #85
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Gonzo's point is that this doesn't really exist. You have yet to show any evidence that it does.
We should just spam the quote at him until he gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub CRISP View Post
this is dogma not economics
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2012, 10:21 AM #86
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
Also, he still hasn't addressed this.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:23 AM #87
Umami
"That guy"

Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
God damn I need to move to Hawaii and get on the dole.
Hawaii is ****ing expensive. I walked into a... I think it was Burger King once, a value meal for the standard 'whopper' type sandwich was like $8 or $9 because everything gets shipped from the mainland.

Pretty much anything except Pineapple and ridiculously good coffee for the price is outrageously expensive there. Unless of course you're in the Navy.

SOG
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:24 AM #88
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Hawaii is ****ing expensive. I walked into a... I think it was Burger King once, a value meal for the standard 'whopper' type sandwich was like $8 or $9 because everything gets shipped from the mainland.

Pretty much anything except Pineapple and ridiculously good coffee for the price is outrageously expensive there.
Way to shatter my dreams but looking at that graph there are a few states better than Florida for being on the dole. Time to move my libtard self out of snowbird hell.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:32 AM #89
Iamamartianchurch

I hate the tropics more than I hate the desert, glad I have another reason to never go to Hawaii.

Sorry kids, your dad's an old coot and the **** is too expensive.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:21 AM #90
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ffu View Post

I'm talking about people who do not work and collect all those bennefits and have been doing so for years.

I have dealt with it, I PAY FOR IT

Have fun gonzo, I'm done with this. I'm not wasting anymore of my time with a mid 30's, leftist, internet troll, with the intellect of a hampster.

I'll take fries with my order btw
Dude, you got ****ing taken to task by about every regular poster in here. Come back when you actually have something to contribute other than rush limbaugh talking points, douchebag.

Last edited by licence2kill : 12-06-2012 at 11:26 AM.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:56 PM #91
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ffu View Post
I'm talking about people who do not work and collect all those bennefits and have been doing so for years.
wait wait wait you weren't talking about UI (despite mentioning UI)? You were actually trying to say that having ZERO income is better than having a $40k/yr job?

What the flying monkey****?

Last edited by drgonzo : 12-06-2012 at 04:59 PM.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:28 PM #92
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
An attempt at a refocusing of this thread:

Boehner is saying this isn't a purge.

A metric has been confirmed to have been used to kick these guys out of their positions. It had something to do with a vote tally, but the GOP leadership (if you want to call then that) refused to release it when officially asked about it by the members yesterday.

This looks more and more like a purge the longer the a holes in charge hold out on the info. Oh...one more thing, then metric and decision to give these guys the boot was all done behind closed doors.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:47 PM #93
drgonzo
Half-cocked

This is Boehner's prerogative as speaker. This is the power of the speaker. This is why the speakership is such a powerful office.

People are put on committees for a variety of reasons, but some important ones would be expertise and political support for the agenda. Tea party types are horrendously inexpert on financial matters, so they have actual negative value to financial committees. And obviously the measure of support for the agenda is a simple vote tally.

These people are learning that being a loud minority doesn't entitle them to power. The country continues to decide that it does not want to be held hostage by them.

Boehner knows he is in a fairly weak position regarding the cliff as well. He knows that it is Republicans that even created the cliff, and he has been lucky thus far that the mainstream media and public, subsequently, has not really picked up that. But should it become a reality, everyone will know what a ****up he and the Republican party are, creating a huge problem then blocking the solution.

And then of course there's the aforementioned point that acknowledging the fiscal cliff is something to be avoided basically acknowledges that austerity is bad.

Last edited by drgonzo : 12-06-2012 at 06:53 PM.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:53 PM #94
benji25
Legen (wait for it) Dary

benji25 is a Moderator
benji25 is BST Trusted
benji25 donated to help Peyton Trent
benji25 is playing at Living Legends V
benji25 posts videos on PbNation
benji25 supports our troops
benji25 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
This is Boehner's prerogative as speaker. This is the power of the speaker. This is why the speakership is such a powerful office.

People are put on committees for a variety of reasons, but some important ones would be expertise and political support for the agenda. Tea party types are horrendously inexpert on financial matters, so they have actual negative value to financial committees. And obviously the measure of support for the agenda is a simple vote tally.

These people are learning that being a loud minority doesn't entitle them to power. The country continues to decide that it does not want to be held hostage by them.
Ignorance is not necessarily bad. Sometimes you need a third party that isn't familiar with process/procedure to ask questions that will stop groupthink by the experts.
benji25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:09 PM #95
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji25 View Post
Ignorance is not necessarily bad. Sometimes you need a third party that isn't familiar with process/procedure to ask questions that will stop groupthink by the experts.
Do you believe that is what the Tea Party is doing?
Old 12-06-2012, 07:31 PM #96
benji25
Legen (wait for it) Dary

benji25 is a Moderator
benji25 is BST Trusted
benji25 donated to help Peyton Trent
benji25 is playing at Living Legends V
benji25 posts videos on PbNation
benji25 supports our troops
benji25 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Do you believe that is what the Tea Party is doing?
No I do not.
benji25 is offline   Reply With Quote