PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-04-2012, 06:35 PM #22
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
G6R is the most efficient gun on the current market (some will argue Victory or an old Viking)

G6R is also softer on paint than an Ego, with less kick and a quieter shot.

Right now G6R is widely regarded as the best all around gun out.

That being said, efficiency doesnt make a huge difference in speedball as the games are typically over in less than a minute (the better the teams, the faster it goes. Rec ball speedball games can last up to 4-6 minutes depending on the field layout and bunkers used).

Typically back players are using guns with good efficiency on air, as they are the ones laying down pod after pod keeping lanes open. Front and mid players can pretty much use whatever they want, but it doesnt hurt to have a gun with a quiet shot as so you dont give away your position to easily. (Lets say you're in snake shooting across the field... The guy on the opposing team sitting at home will have less of a chance hearing those shots coming from snake and will have less of a chance at calling out your position to his team. In the time it takes him to realize where you are, you should have the guy at dorito's out by now... It doesnt always turn out that way, thats just the strategy behind your position and what gun you use. But really, you can essentially use whatever gun feels best to you, as these days, all guns are efficient enough to make it through a round of airball)
Old 12-04-2012, 11:12 PM #23
inferno2inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob
G6R is the most efficient gun on the current market (some will argue Victory or an old Viking)

G6R is also softer on paint than an Ego, with less kick and a quieter shot.

Right now G6R is widely regarded as the best all around gun out.

That being said, efficiency doesnt make a huge difference in speedball as the games are typically over in less than a minute (the better the teams, the faster it goes. Rec ball speedball games can last up to 4-6 minutes depending on the field layout and bunkers used).

Typically back players are using guns with good efficiency on air, as they are the ones laying down pod after pod keeping lanes open. Front and mid players can pretty much use whatever they want, but it doesnt hurt to have a gun with a quiet shot as so you dont give away your position to easily. (Lets say you're in snake shooting across the field... The guy on the opposing team sitting at home will have less of a chance hearing those shots coming from snake and will have less of a chance at calling out your position to his team. In the time it takes him to realize where you are, you should have the guy at dorito's out by now... It doesnt always turn out that way, thats just the strategy behind your position and what gun you use. But really, you can essentially use whatever gun feels best to you, as these days, all guns are efficient enough to make it through a round of airball)
I'm curious as to the efficiency of the g6r versus the ego. Not to invalidate the claim, but how much more efficient is the former compared to the latter in a pod count? I ask because I am debating between a Ego11 (yay for price drop) and the g6r, and efficiency is a very important factor for me in deciding on a marker.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 AM #24
dropndestroy213

dropndestroy213 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dropndestroy213 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
dropndestroy213 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dropndestroy213 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Is it ez to work on a g6r12
Old 12-06-2012, 09:45 PM #25
peacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno2inferno View Post
I'm curious as to the efficiency of the g6r versus the ego. Not to invalidate the claim, but how much more efficient is the former compared to the latter in a pod count? I ask because I am debating between a Ego11 (yay for price drop) and the g6r, and efficiency is a very important factor for me in deciding on a marker.
Its not by a huge amount, but it is more efficient.

If you read around about what others say on how many pods they can get off, its generally scattered. Dwell settings and boring have a lot to do with these inconsistencies.

Ballparking here, but i'd say its a very good rough estimate:
Ego 11 - 9 pods off a 4100 fill
G6R - 12-13 pods off a 4100 fill (bob long made a video of his personally tuned G6R getting 21 pods.... but i dont know how well i believe it.)

It seems you can get an Ego11 or a 2011 G6R for about the same price... if luck you can get a 2k12 G6R for 700. Personally, I'm going to say the G6R is all around the better gun. Not knocking the ego at all, its still a fantastic gun, but at the end of the day, i'd have to tip my hat to the G6R.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 PM #26
peacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropndestroy213 View Post
Is it ez to work on a g6r12
Its super easy, but I will say the pressure tester is a must have.