Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-25-2012, 01:41 AM #1
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

KINGKILLA21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KINGKILLA21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Dm4 vs slg?

Get guys I was just wondering which would be better to get a 08 slg or a dye dm4? I'm only asking because of how old dm4's are so let me know thanks

Sickest spyder rs around!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3892297

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
KINGKILLA21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2012, 08:37 PM #2
speedy2k4
BSH University

Annual Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is BST Legit
I'd prefer a DM4, but it is older and much bigger/heavier than the SLG.

Depending on your budget, you may be able to get something better than either of those.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 PM #3
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
I'd prefer a DM4, but it is older and much bigger/heavier than the SLG.

Depending on your budget, you may be able to get something better than either of those.
well since ive started paintball, 4 years ago, ive always loved how they looked and really wanted one, i dont mind the extra weight plus i only play rec/woods

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
Old 11-25-2012, 11:10 PM #4
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
They are a boat anchor, and have no firing modes. Aside from those two things, they are extremely smooth shooters. If it was me, i'd probably take the DM4.

If you're playing long games of woodsball, then that could change things.. DM4 isnt exactly efficient on air. If you're field only fills to a certain amount (a local field around me only fills to 2200psi), then that could potentially be a problem. I had to call myself out a couple times during the second game due to being out of air. Speedball on the other hand... no issues with efficiency.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:19 PM #5
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob View Post
They are a boat anchor, and have no firing modes. Aside from those two things, they are extremely smooth shooters. If it was me, i'd probably take the DM4.

If you're playing long games of woodsball, then that could change things.. DM4 isnt exactly efficient on air. If you're field only fills to a certain amount (a local field around me only fills to 2200psi), then that could potentially be a problem. I had to call myself out a couple times during the second game due to being out of air. Speedball on the other hand... no issues with efficiency.
no firing modes only semi? and im hoping a new bolt and top hat mod will make the efficiency alright, im upgrading from a spyder rs so yeah haha

Old 11-25-2012, 11:33 PM #6
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGKILLA21 View Post
no firing modes only semi? and im hoping a new bolt and top hat mod will make the efficiency alright, im upgrading from a spyder rs so yeah haha
Nope, no firing modes on DM's until the 6 came out. Some DM3's had firing modes, but those were only on certain private labels (like the Freeflow traumas i have, they came with Anderson LCD boards).

Its getting harder and harder to find chip upgrades for the DM4/5's nowadays.

Tophat mod will definitely help with efficiency.

Not sure how much you have to spend, but personally, since you play woodsball/rec, i'd look for an older ego or etek1 or 2. The shot quality will be nowhere near a DM, but it will be a lot more efficient than an older DM.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:22 AM #7
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Well tbh it was between a 09 slg non uled and the dm4 and I've always loved the look of the dm4 and always wanted one, plus most places I play will have all day air so "hopefully" efficiency shouldn't be to big of a deal

Old 11-27-2012, 05:56 AM #8
Manu#12
B-Eastside

Manu#12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Manu#12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dm ftw
Manu#12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:58 PM #9
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu#12 View Post
dm ftw
^this^ I ended up getting the dm4 thanks Guys

Old 11-27-2012, 10:18 PM #10
BiG MaN KemP
Custom User Title

BiG MaN KemP has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
you could see if someone has a Tadao chip for DM4 boards, that's what i run in my DM4 Frame'd DM3. check up with harju he may have one. Firing mode issue solved...plus one of the smoothest shooters out there
Old 12-06-2012, 12:32 PM #11
MilSimGear

MilSimGear owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MilSimGear owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MilSimGear has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have a 11 proto, dm9 and two dm4 (back up or for friends that want to join me) I find myself going back to my dm4 as it is always reliable. Weight is not an issue as i have a remote coil and a belt pack to carry the tank. i had to replace the flimsy membrane switch a couple of times on the dm4s, o rings as needed and the trigger switch once on both guns. Not bad for 8 year well used guns! I put a new wing bolt on one and see no real difference. as with any gun, maintenance is important to keep the guns working reliably. Dye guns love to be lubed.
MilSimGear is offline   Reply With Quote