pbgod44

Quote:
Originally Posted by charli838 View Post
Thanks man, helped a lot!
Np man
pbgod44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:05 AM #25
winniethedrew

YES do this. I shouldve done this..I didnt care about the stock feedneck so I used a vice grip. Destroyed the feedneck and got it off but put a bad chip in my body. stupid..

NC State Wolfpack Paintball

Pump>
winniethedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:05 PM #26
minimag03

minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
A strap wrench is a paintballers best friend. Using your hopper risks breaking the feedneck or the parts can easily be scratched by a vise grip. And a strap wrench has lot of applications besides the feedneck like tanks stuck on ASAs and barrels stuck in bodies (ever try to get a barrel-back off a full bodied autococker?). Plus they are cheap!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:50 AM #27
pbgod44

Strap wrenchs are great for most paintball items! But with the sharp edges of the feedneck and fear of colapsing the feedneck, i prolly wouldnt use one here
Old 12-27-2012, 09:46 AM #28
BabyFace

BabyFace supports DLX Technology
just snap it off and pry out the ring with the threads on it. The stock feedneck is garbage, don't waste time trying to keep it in a usable condition.
BabyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:36 AM #29
minimag03

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbgod44 View Post
Strap wrenchs are great for most paintball items! But with the sharp edges of the feedneck and fear of colapsing the feedneck, i prolly wouldnt use one here
That doesn't make any sense at all. The feedneck is designed to be squeezed in the same way a scrap wrench works. That's how most feednecks operate. The feedneck will not collapse and there is plenty of flat space on the feedneck to remove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFace View Post
just snap it off and pry out the ring with the threads on it. The stock feedneck is garbage, don't waste time trying to keep it in a usable condition.
And what happens when there is red loctite holding the threads in the body? You *might* be able to get it out of the body by boiling it, but it would be seriously difficult.

Last edited by minimag03 : 12-27-2012 at 11:39 AM.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 PM #30
BabyFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
That doesn't make any sense at all. The feedneck is designed to be squeezed in the same way a scrap wrench works. That's how most feednecks operate. The feedneck will not collapse and there is plenty of flat space on the feedneck to remove it.
Have you even tried to do this? If you don't put some sort of socket in the feedneck.. this stock feedneck will cave in like a can of soda. Mine did when I was trying this, so i bent it back and put a socket inside. Still didn't work so, the next step was to try a vice..

Quote:
And what happens when there is red loctite holding the threads in the body? You *might* be able to get it out of the body by boiling it, but it would be seriously difficult.

Well I cant remember if there was red loctite on my feedneck or not, but it sure didn't want to twist off. It ended up snapping off when trying to twist it in a vice.

From there, myself and a friend used a small flathead screwdriver to successfully pry out the ring that was still inside.

Regardless, many have been able to replace the feedneck without the ring being stuck inside because of red loctite.

Last edited by BabyFace : 12-27-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:28 PM #31
minimag03

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFace View Post
Have you even tried to do this? If you don't put some sort of socket in the feedneck.. this stock feedneck will cave in like a can of soda. Mine did when I was trying this, so i bent it back and put a socket inside. Still didn't work so, the next step was to try a vice..
Yes, I've removed the stock feedneck before. I've been removing feednecks for about 9 years using a scrap wrench and I've never "collapsed" one. Feednecks are designed to be squeezed, that's what the feedneck collar/lever does. If what your describing was a real problem, the feedneck would collapse every time someone tightened their feedneck without a loader in it.

The reason people above suggested a socket was so the 19mm could be tightened down and a socket wrench used to remove the feedneck from the top, not to keep it from collapsing because they were going to put force on the feedneck from the outside...

Keep in mind, I'm using a strap wrench, not a vice or vice grips. I can understand if you collpased the feedneck with a vice or vice grips, but a strap wrench doesn't work exactly the same. It does not need to exert as much pressure on the feedneck as a vice would to get it to turn because the rubber on the strap wrench causes so much friction.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:58 PM #32
BabyFace

correction on my part they were vice grips that crushed in part of the feedneck. The stock feedneck still seems quite weak compared to others.

I did try a strap wrench, but with no luck...just wasnt getting enough grip on it.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:43 PM #33
D-Rock_32

D-Rock_32 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
If any of you guys work with Snap On stuff give a 19MM deep 1/2inch deep socket a try... Works like a charm!! One small turn of the ratchet and the stock feed neck comes right off! The stock feed neck is in great shape if you ever want to put it back on the marker and sell it. Great tip! Thanks!!
D-Rock_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:22 PM #34
SMSexton
Derping the Wire

SMSexton plays in the APPA D4 division
I can confirm that a strap wrench is what I used to take the stock feedneck off of my Axe, for what ever that's worth. Nothing was harmed in the process.

A friend turned the wrench as I counter turned the marker, it came loose fairly effortlessly.

Last edited by SMSexton : 12-27-2012 at 06:24 PM.
SMSexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:30 PM #35
twisted concept
Respect all Fear no one

nice vid!

Cause[4]Concern
OLD PBN Feedback
twisted concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:14 AM #36
pbalterego27
I'M BATMAN!

Annual Supporting Member
pbalterego27 plays in the PSP
pbalterego27 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
easier method, no special tools required -

1.) Insert loader into feedneck
2.) Tighten feedneck
3.) Twist loader
4.) feedneck will loosen enough to turn by hand
Just got my nano Feedneck today. Saw video and great idea from OP...Thank you
But thought why not give the loader in the Feedneck a try...WORKED AWESOME!
Put my rotor in, tightened it down tight. Twisted it and came right off, you my friend are a GENIUS, Thank You
Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 AM #37
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Yes, I've removed the stock feedneck before. I've been removing feednecks for about 9 years using a scrap wrench and I've never "collapsed" one. Feednecks are designed to be squeezed, that's what the feedneck collar/lever does. If what your describing was a real problem, the feedneck would collapse every time someone tightened their feedneck without a loader in it.
Feednecks are designed to be clamped on to something, when unsupported they are not very strong. Also the collar/clamp on most feednecks applies a more even force across the entire circumference of the feedneck, using a strap wrench and other tools applies the majority of force on one or two points.

The stock Axe feedneck won't be as fragile in this way as feednecks with a seperate collar and slotted base, but the socket & ratchet is still the best way to go, with the least chance of damaging the feedneck.

Also, when it comes to using a loader to unscrew the feedneck, that may work fine if your loader neck is made from thick glass-filled nylon. If you try it with a polycarbonate neck, there is a good chance of snapping it off.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:30 PM #38
pbgod44

^EXACTLY! wit the socket and driver there is no chance of damaging anything!!!