PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-02-2012, 02:03 PM #1
mikelowery

spyder pilot and piranha r6 problems

hey everyone i need help.

I have 2 guns, one spyder pilot and the other piranha r6. both have problems shooting. speciically, when the bolt is cocked, the electronic coil doesnt seem to have the power to release the sear/hammer. I have cleaned the barrels and bolt to a polish and oiled accordingly. they dont leak air when co2 is attached and will recock if i ever get it to release. it just wont fire. the clicking sounds limited. when the hammer is released the coil strikes very loud and seems to go the entire distance of its course.

I hear the spyder pilot needs a 9.6v battery and i have ordered one for that but the piranha just needs a regular 9v.

I have put the white velocity spring in the pirana and loosened the velocity nut on the back all of the way out and its still too much tension on the sear to release the hammer.

the sear doesnt seem to be damaged and is smooth. same with the hammer.

I cannot find where pmi is in business anymore to get the entire board or coil.

anyone got any suggestions?

Mike
mikelowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2012, 02:39 PM #2
EvilPimp_
Where my money at???

Are you the original owner, or are they used? Have they ever worked correctly? Are they lubed properly? try a little lube on the sear where it engages with the hammer. Maybe the capacitors are blown since they use a clapper noid. That's what it sounds like to me. Try the Spyder/Kingman forum.
http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131
EvilPimp_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:51 PM #3
mikelowery

they came in a lot of 5. they were nasty and paintball was almost glued together. I have been cleaning and fixing since i got them. I have lubed them and lubed the sear and hammer.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:08 PM #4
EvilPimp_
Where my money at???

With the grip open, and the gun uncocked, does it look like the clapper noid is working when you pull the trigger? prob the capacitor if it looks like there isn't enough power to trip the sear. you can buy replacement capacitors and solder them back in if you have some experience with soldering. I fixed an old Spyder that had the same symptoms. It was the capacitor.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:25 PM #5
mikelowery

It looks like its clapping just not with enough force to trip the sear. I am great at soldering just not so great at finding which capacitor. Can you send me a pic of the one you changed. I am sure I can get the capacitor at radio shack. Question is.... Will this fix both guns or just the spyder?
Old 12-02-2012, 03:39 PM #6
EvilPimp_
Where my money at???

it's barrel shaped with two leads going to the board. just look at what the rating is on it, and get a replacement. both might use the same capacitor.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=spyde...9,r:0,s:0,i:88
http://www.ansgear.com/Kingman_Spyde...ncapacitor.htm
http://www.paintball-parts.com/ELM00...r-p/gp9352.htm
Old 12-02-2012, 05:38 PM #7
mikelowery

Thanks I will try that first chance I get. It's for my boys as a Christmas present and I have a total of 6. There are plenty for them to play with until I get those fixed. I can't just work in em anytime they will see.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:19 PM #8
EvilPimp_
Where my money at???

You're welcome. Before you remove the old one, make a note which side has the lond lead, and which side has the short. Just match up the new one and you should be all set. Good luck.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:48 PM #9
mikelowery

Follow up:

It is the capacitor for both guns. I pulled the part from other spyder and tested it to the one thAt works. I have ordered the cap for the spyder. The piranha has different size and everything. It's harder to find(my luck).
Looking for 10v 10000uf. Measuring 14mm x 35mm. I can find 16 and 18 but nothing else.

Thanks guys. Helped me alot
Old 12-10-2012, 07:53 AM #10
grendal50

http://scenariodreams.com/store/inde...oducts_ id=20
Old 12-10-2012, 07:13 PM #11
EvilPimp_
Where my money at???

Cool. GL, and hope your boys have fun with them.