PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-04-2012, 02:58 PM #1
TechItch
dead men walk

Some of my gear and a couple Qs

This is my first love.

I started with a Prolite or a .68 Carbine bought a b2k and upgraded it like crazy then came the Dark.

Its all stock internals but I was told the internals were the best on the market available at the time. No idea if this is true or not.

I bought an ecplipse frame for it. Drilled the frame to fit the Cobra trigger because the eclipse blade was hideous. Only other thing I got was the volumizers and the Boomstick.

The gun is a Dream to shoot. However. I cannot seem to find my chargers. I had three and they are all missing. Anyone have any idea where to get one. Ive been keeping an eye on the bay, but they usually are with markers. I dont need another gun at this point.

I just bought this;

A1 Fly gothic. Ive bought a new grip(187). How are the internals on the gun? I know there is a lot to be done on the stock A1s. Just wondering where to start with the gothic or if it is already up to date with the internals.

I have a Dust A1 from when the gun was first launched that has been a hellacious turd sandwich. Tried to figure out wtf the problem was with it and after talking to Bob and him not ever hearing of my problem shelved it for the dark.(dark shot better anyways) The A1 would spit the bolt out... The breech would come open during play and I would find the bolt on the ground. Happened multiple times when I was moving. First time I thought it was me. After the 5th-6th time and me being very careful I got pissed and put it away. (First time using it as well.) Sitting at the range and crono worked beautifully. Oh yeah. It burned through air like crazy too, and i had thought the gun was supposed to be super effecient. Like I said i think it was a lemon. So maybe somone has heard of this now and I can spend some money and get that one working better as well.

Is there a boomstick thats A1 threaded? Ive been searching everywhere it seems like with no love. Having a hard time finding anything A1 threaded to be honest.
I bought two UL backs 688 and 692. But man I would sure love a A1 threaded Boomstick!

Sorry for the wall of text.

http://home.comcast.net/~direwolves

Last edited by TechItch : 01-04-2012 at 04:09 PM.
TechItch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2012, 03:34 PM #2
greatwolf329
still sick of idiots

Annual Supporting Member
Not having the gun in hand its hard to tell you what guts are in it. It has at least the magno valve and ram system. From there you can expand to the STR Ram, D/lite valve, stem, and reg piston, and a booster 2 bolt. And a mojo board if you want the full SE'd experience.

As for the standard A1, that could be a ton of different issues.

As for boom sticks you wont find any. you can find UL backs in g7 fly threading which will work, but some of the threading will be exposed as the shank is longer on g7 threading then a1.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:55 PM #3
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Fly internals are nice. They're not the last/latest, but they're real close. Much improved from the A1.

Not sure if DYE made any stainless/Boomstick backs for A1 threads. I think they've pretty much moved on to the UL platform, with a few TI Boomsticks out there, and the newer carbon fiber systems.

LCD chargers... I seem to think someone had figured out how to make them, but I'm not finding the info at the moment. I may have to come back on that topic.

If you've got the serial numbers for your Angels, I can add them to the ongoing registry thread.

Lol, see what happens when a guy multitasks? greatwolf329 beat me to most of that.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:12 PM #4
TechItch
dead men walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwolf329 View Post
Not having the gun in hand its hard to tell you what guts are in it. It has at least the magno valve and ram system. From there you can expand to the STR Ram, D/lite valve, stem, and reg piston, and a booster 2 bolt. And a mojo board if you want the full SE'd experience.

As for the standard A1, that could be a ton of different issues.

As for boom sticks you wont find any. you can find UL backs in g7 fly threading which will work, but some of the threading will be exposed as the shank is longer on g7 threading then a1.
I am kind of excited there is so much for me to do on the gun. Part of me wanted it all set but most of me wanted to tinker on it. Yes I noticed that with the two backs I already bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
Fly internals are nice. They're not the last/latest, but they're real close. Much improved from the A1.

Not sure if DYE made any stainless/Boomstick backs for A1 threads. I think they've pretty much moved on to the UL platform, with a few TI Boomsticks out there, and the newer carbon fiber systems.

LCD chargers... I seem to think someone had figured out how to make them, but I'm not finding the info at the moment. I may have to come back on that topic.

If you've got the serial numbers for your Angels, I can add them to the ongoing registry thread.

Lol, see what happens when a guy multitasks? greatwolf329 beat me to most of that.
That would be awesome if you can find the charger information for me.

Ill get you the serials when I get home from work.

Thank you both for the quick responses.

http://home.comcast.net/~direwolves
TechItch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:20 PM #5
AngelKeeper

fixmyangel may have some chargers left...

BTW Beautiful Dark you have there... the only dark i ever wanted and never bought...
AngelKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:41 PM #6
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Frontline Action Sports was selling chargers, but they went out of business. Not sure of any other sources for one at the moment - keep trying to find a used one.

The dust A1 with stock internals probably has a bad ram - the breech randomly flying open is symptomatic of the ram retracting when it shouldn't be. Put your finger down the feedneck so you can feel the tip of the bolt, then twist the ram knob. If the bolt comes forward,then at the end of the twist retracts back again, the ram needs replacement and is the cause of your breech coming open.

The stock A1 internals are ancient and were revised several times even before the Magno/Fly internals were released in '08. There is a 2nd generation ram, 2 more generations of bolt, a 2nd generation valve stem, and 2nd generation eye covers. If you're running first generation stock internals it's not surprising your performance isn't great. Efficiency on the standard A1's was notoriously poor - the A1 Fly and up introduced decent efficiency to the A1 platform. If you're going to keep the gun it would be worthwhile to upgrade it with the latest parts so you can at least use it.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:35 PM #7
RAWDawgsTrainWreck
Co-Captain

Annual Supporting Member
RAWDawgsTrainWreck is playing at Living Legends VI
RAWDawgsTrainWreck is playing at Living Legends VII
RAWDawgsTrainWreck owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RAWDawgsTrainWreck supports Team VICIOUS
Thumbs up Awesome

Very Sharp Markers.
http://www.rawdawgspaintball.com
https://www.facebook.com/RAWDawgsPaintball
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ight=raw+dawgs
RAWDawgsTrainWreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:40 PM #8
AngelKeeper

I just bought a few chargers off ebay, so theres some there for sure...
AngelKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:37 PM #9
ohare rasta 14

ohare rasta 14 is playing at Living Legends V
ohare rasta 14 is playing at Living Legends VI
ohare rasta 14 is playing at Living Legends VII
ohare rasta 14 supports DLX Technology
I'm not having the best efficiency with my A1 fly either
Old 02-23-2012, 07:06 AM #10
Trevor

That murdered dark looks mean. I may steal your idea with drilling the eclipse frame for a cobra trigger - nifty.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:09 PM #11
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends VII
trancer23 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
trancer23 is Legendary
sorry to necro a thread, but can you post some pics of the mod you did to put the cobra stick in the eclipse frame? i could really use that info.

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
trancer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:22 AM #12
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends V
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VI
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
DB-1071 is a top reviewer
Wunderbar makers!!!!!

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

GO ON, I DARE YOU!! GO ON I DARE YOU, AGAIN!!!
" Physician heal thyself!! " The War Doctor
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote