Christopher R.

dude1it helped look for balloons
dude1it supports Team VICIOUS
dude1it is an NCPA player
dude1it is a top reviewer
dude1it is Legendary
dude1it is Boss
dude1it is attending Decay of Nations VI
What would you consider the perfect paintball field?

Pretty self explanatory...just looking into some things...have been talking about the "perfect field" for the industry with friends for a while...then looked around and realize we haven't had an extremely successful field in my area for a while (though I'm expecting this to change with a new field opening soon).

What would you consider the perfect paintball field??? - within reason...let's not pretend Bill Gates is looking into building something.

-Would it be open to airsoft as well?

-How much property would it be on?

-Days open?

-How many fields would it have?

-What types of fields would it include, how would they be organized/formatted? Perfect rentals? Both speed and rec*
--Would the airball be open in winter? Lit for night play?

-Pricing, while still being profitable yet not scaring potential customers away?

-Would it need a bangin' pro-shop, or have online sales taken over to the point where less is acceptable?

-Types of events and number of events? Big prizes larger entry, small prizes smaller entry? Both? APPA ranked events?

-Interaction with sponsored team(s)? One or many? Extent of sponsorship?

-Would they control tournament/rec player interaction? If so, how? When would competitive teams practice without taking away from rec play times (revenue in this area is important), for how long, and should discounts be applied to these teams traveling?

--PERSONALLY, I think it's extremely beneficial to have a successful, or at least nationally competitive sponsored team at your field...they bring other teams to practice, and give new/rec players something to look up to (should they practice, they get better, move up...friends start to play, take their place...one big cycle). I know of many fields that just cater to rec players with fear of tournament players being insensitive and scaring newer players away...I feel this doesn't need to happen...both tournament and rec play can be profitable if run correctly - both have different things to bring to the field (tournament = players/teams from out of town, role models.....rec = friends, player base, feeders to tournament players).

These are just some of the points I'd like you to consider in your posts - feel free to bring any more to the table. Thanks in advance, I look forward to reading your responses.

Pittsburgh All American Heroes 2012
dude1it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2012, 03:48 AM #2
firl21
Atlanta Overdose

firl21 is playing at Living Legends VI
firl21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I would make a field on a old walmart
use the parking lot for airball and hyperball
and use the inside for a close quarters map
Also use the surrounding woods out back for woodsball
-Would it be open to airsoft as well?
Yes, the inside and woods would be for airsoft
-How much property would it be on? 30+ acers

-Days open? Fri nights, and weekends for woods ball and airball and airsoft. And leave the inside open all week long, with 1 guy running it and have it open at night.
-How many fields would it have?
6, Woods, Half woods,Inside,Airball, Hyperball

-What types of fields would it include, how would they be organized/formatted? Perfect rentals? Both speed and rec*
I would have all the fields open for rec play on weekends airball would be for speedballers on friday night
--Would the airball be open in winter? Lit for night play?
lit for night play yes, im not sure about winter
-Pricing, while still being profitable yet not scaring potential customers away? id do something like a speedballer package (10 FF+air and 10 byop fee) a weekend warior package (60$ ff+air + 1 case of paint) and a new guns package (50$ includes rental gear, and 1000 rounds of paint. +10 bucks for a airball gun)
id sell 3 types of paint, rec grade (midnight or jt stuff) for 40$, mid grade (formula 13 for 55$) and pro grade (evil) for what ever I can get it at+ a little)

-Would it need a bangin' pro-shop, or have online sales taken over to the point where less is acceptable?
I would have a tech shop with basic stuff, and I would sell guns on site and include a tech package and a year of 10$ off per visit

-Types of events and number of events? Big prizes larger entry, small prizes smaller entry? Both? APPA ranked events? id run a bunch of small events out of it, and if it becomes popular run larger events

-Interaction with sponsored team(s)? One or many? Extent of sponsorship?
Id look to sponser a bunch of teams. pretty much cheap paint and acess to exclusive times on the airball field
-Would they control tournament/rec player interaction? If so, how? When would competitive teams practice without taking away from rec play times (revenue in this area is important), for how long, and should discounts be applied to these teams traveling? Friday would be the airball day for teams, the airbal field would only be avalible to tourney teams.

I want a cut if it works!!!!
#21 Atlanta Overdose

Check us out on facebook

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL PAINTBALL FIELD
Major Azodin Fan
firl21 is offline   Reply With Quote