o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
I've only seen people get dizzy and never actually seen anyone pass out.

I'm pretty strict about hydration and heat illnesses though.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // PM6 // Angel Speed 05 FST
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 AM #65
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
newb stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood angel View Post
wow, so far i havent seen a single soul passed out in the field yet. I live in a tropical country so i guess people are used to the heat, but for comfort i usually play paintball from 10am to 1pm
Could be. I'm a white skinned Canadian lol. I've been on the Dizzy list many times. Even if you're not at that bad, a high temperature can still have an affect on your performance. Hydration is key.......and keep cool.

If you do find yourself getting sluggish, slow, losing energy, dizzy, sick feeling.....dunk your head in some ice water. It fixes you up pretty quick lol. I'm talking from experience here

Wow this is so off topic. If you get a high end marker...the best thing you can do is learn how every part of the gun works. Once you know how everything works and how air flows through the gun...........there will never be a problem you can't fix. High end guns aren't really all that different in operation, just in the electronics portion.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:59 AM #66
inboxfull
Papi

inboxfull is playing at Living Legends VI
inboxfull supports Team VICIOUS
inboxfull supports Team VICIOUS
inboxfull has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
inboxfull supports DLX Technology
mid range markers should be fine

WTB: VIRTUE SPIRE !!!. -------------------------------------->PM ME
inboxfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:21 AM #67
Tiga88
Unites States Air Force

Annual Supporting Member
Tiga88 plays in the PSP
Tiga88 supports Team VICIOUS
Tiga88 plays in the APPA D5 division
Tiga88 supports Empire
What's wrong with spools?
Live and die on this day."

Leaving feedback after a B/S/T is greatly appreciated

Dm14 Owner
Tiga88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:26 AM #68
freakedmatrix
JAX AGGRESSION

freakedmatrix is BST Trusted
freakedmatrix is for the Gunfight
freakedmatrix has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
They are far too accurate for most people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiga88 View Post
freakedmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:15 AM #69
MstrKey

spools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiga88 View Post
Nothing wrong with them. They work fine, but require a little bit more maintenance. You really should lube them every case, or if you've let the gun sit longer than about a month, lube it before you play. Lube lite and often.

Again........learn the gun inside and out and there won't be any problems you can't handle.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:35 PM #70
fosmanc
Team Boom!

fosmanc plays in the PSP
fosmanc plays in the APPA D4 division
fosmanc is All In
fosmanc is All In
Jumping to a high end marker is like going from a single speed bike to a 8 speed bike. There are lots of things you have to learn and sometimes figure out from experience. With higher end markers such as an Ego, there is an OLED board included. Learning how to maneuver through this is easy for some, but more challenging for others. Make sure to do your research on whatever gun it may be that you are interested in before making a final purchase.
fosmanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:00 PM #71
Blood angel

would it help if i use/borrow my friend's geo2 for a few times to get use to it?i don't really fancy the idea of spending on a mid range marker only to change it to a better one in a short span.(decided on geo2)

of course, i did my research, watch review and dismantling/maintenance video. Basically everything i could do online, i have done it already
Blood angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:10 PM #72
MstrKey

It never hurts to try before you buy. I would try a bunch of different guns before you settle on one. If you only try one, then your trial hasn't really produced any useful results. You need to compare different guns.

I personally feel that while the geo is a quality built gun, it really has nothing special about it that sets it above most mind range guns. Other than perhaps build quality, and PE's great service and support. If you do get one, buy one used and don't pay the retail price.

Last edited by MstrKey : 12-24-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:36 PM #73
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Or you can just buy a gun you get a good deal on .

Most high ends are pretty good these days . Ie if you saw that deal for a drone Dx for only 425$ , jump on that .

If you saw a black friday deal for an alien gun jump on it .

Or maybe ans gear is closing out old victories for a good deal then jump on it .

All those guns will work well .

I remember I bought a brand new pm5 when I strictly shot auto cockers because pbgear was closing them out . It was a great buy and I won many events with that gun and I don't think it would have changed if I bought a dmc or angel g7 or an ego 5 for 200-500$ more .

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:20 AM #74
freakedmatrix
JAX AGGRESSION

freakedmatrix is BST Trusted
freakedmatrix is for the Gunfight
freakedmatrix has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
Nothing wrong with them. They work fine, but require a little bit more maintenance. You really should lube them every case, or if you've let the gun sit longer than about a month, lube it before you play. Lube lite and often.

Again........learn the gun inside and out and there won't be any problems you can't handle.
This is a serious misconception... The vangard demon requires some serious maintenance (Demon owner) But most dye guns are good to go.. i have gone weeks without removing and lubing the bolt and never had an issue. Buy a dm9 and your set.. Cheap, Deadly accurate , bullet proof! That is my go to gun hands down.
freakedmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:54 PM #75
MstrKey

maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakedmatrix View Post
This is a serious misconception... The vangard demon requires some serious maintenance (Demon owner) But most dye guns are good to go.. i have gone weeks without removing and lubing the bolt and never had an issue. Buy a dm9 and your set.. Cheap, Deadly accurate , bullet proof! That is my go to gun hands down.
Demon's aren't horrible bad. Lube each case or two and you should be ok. It's just a lot of newer spool guns(like the demon/geo) don't shut off air flow during the cycle like the Dms did....so they shoot a lot more lube out. Plus some of the can orings have little surface area to act as a reserve for the grease. It depends how much paint you shoot in a day I suppose. That's what I meant by more maintenance. Compared to a poppet which is almost none.

I used to lube my Dm's every time I played.........I think I changed out maybe one or two orings ever in about 5-6 years of using them, because of that. They are better than most spools though, you're right. Probably why that line still has such decent sales after all these years. I'd buy a DM again now that the Lurker mod is out to boost efficiency on them.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:02 PM #76
ijinxd

ijinxd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ijinxd has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
Demon's aren't horrible bad. Lube each case or two and you should be ok. It's just a lot of newer spool guns(like the demon/geo) don't shut off air flow during the cycle like the Dms did....so they shoot a lot more lube out. Plus some of the can orings have little surface area to act as a reserve for the grease. It depends how much paint you shoot in a day I suppose. That's what I meant by more maintenance. Compared to a poppet which is almost none.

I used to lube my Dm's every time I played.........I think I changed out maybe one or two orings ever in about 5-6 years of using them, because of that. They are better than most spools though, you're right. Probably why that line still has such decent sales after all these years. I'd buy a DM again now that the Lurker mod is out to boost efficiency on them.
Same here. I owned a DM for about a year and loved the gun. In the year that I had it, I changed 1 oring. Lubed and cleaned it after every game. It's probably the only gun that I've had, that never gave me trouble. I never had to contact Dye, or buy spare parts, aside from an eye pipe.
Maintenance was nothing to complain about. Besides, I owned an Ion prior to the DM...
I'm kind of disappointed that I traded my DM to a DBag here on PBNation, but I'm actually glad to own an Ego now. It's nice having both a spool (NT11) and a Poppit (Ego7)...oh, and an NXT Shocker coming in the mail.
ijinxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:43 PM #77
ego.92
RELEASE THE KRAKEN

ego.92 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ego.92 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ego.92 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ego.92 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
go for it its not too bad on price, you will love it and its an ego making it easy to use for your first high end gun... great choice

Houston Heat Fan #36

Urban Pineapple
ego.92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:51 PM #78
NickRowell
Did you read the rules?

NickRowell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NickRowell supports Team VICIOUS
NickRowell supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood angel View Post
uh 25 , lol with a steady job. i felt i hav yet to prove myself in my team that y i felt unworthy to get such a great marker(it's my mentality, meh)i hav the money to get ego11 but like most said difference isn't great between 10 to 11 n there r more ppl selling ego10 in my country

for a5 i am using a hopper(z2) plus a pod as a front, back bout a z2 hopper n 4 pods
dude ego 10s are great guns. I personally would go with (if it were my first actual speedball marker) a cyborg rx, clone, or my favorite gun if all mid priced guns, the v1 victory. Id reccomend bob long to you though, they barely ever break down, you Never need to lube them (i havent lubed my marq 7 since about 18 cases ago) and they are hevily reliable. They are quiet, smooth, and accurate. But i have an ego 9 so i have respect for the egos too. Pm me and we can talk more on this.

MARQ CLAN
You Know You Want My Rotor!
NickRowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:09 PM #79
02firehawk555

02firehawk555 plays in the PSP
02firehawk555 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
02firehawk555 supports Team VICIOUS
02firehawk555 plays in the APPA D5 division
Instead of going with a high end marker first I bought an Axe and upgraded to an XSV boss bolt with a redline oled board on the way. It shoots great and is very quiet unlike an ego but as a back up gun I am picking up a used EGO11. I have shot a DM9 and DM10 also which are great guns. I just started playing paintball in August myself and had a friend talk me into practicing with his speedball team which got me into looking for decent markers to play with. So Now I have 2 markers in case one breaks instead of having to stop playing if my marker goes down.

Main Marker: Ego LV1-Dye Rotor-Ninja SL 68/4500 with Ninja V2 SLP Pro reg

Back up: 2k12 Flame G6R-Virtue Spire-Ninja 45/4500 with Ninja SLP Pro reg
02firehawk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 PM #80
cstaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
Since you say you like play snake alot, just be sure you know how to dive before owning a ego or you'll end up with this:

that sucks
cstaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 PM #81
Blood angel

thanks for all the positive feedback. after month of research n soul searching(LOL) i am sticking to my geo2, or maybe an older ego/bob long as a spare
Old 01-04-2013, 06:51 PM #82
firl21
Atlanta Overdose

firl21 is playing at Living Legends VI
firl21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Imho, get an etek4 LT. Than once you feel you have earned your keep get a ego. this way you have something you feel you are working towards. Also alien markers are amazing, check those out
#21 Atlanta Overdose

Check us out on facebook

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL PAINTBALL FIELD
Major Azodin Fan
firl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:21 AM #83
NickRowell
Did you read the rules?

NickRowell supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565
Since you say you like play snake alot, just be sure you know how to dive before owning a ego or you'll end up with this:
I'd cry

MARQ CLAN
You Know You Want My Rotor!
NickRowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:19 AM #84
Blood angel

Thanks for everyone suggestion, i gotten geo 2 atlantic color

shoots great, feels great!