PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 01-19-2013, 08:47 PM #106
Mxg1072
Black Phoenix

Great game today.

Congrats to the Red team on bringing home the win...Merc42 did a great job as XO...Mr Decker did a great job as well. Nice meeting both of you fine men.

First time playing at the field and I enjoyed it. Getting to the red base seemed like a hike and climbing the Afghanistan Mountains will cause me great pain tomorrow.

I think its a great field I and I would definitely play here again.4Refs did a great job, and I had a really good pulled pork sandwich for lunch
I played with and against a lot of good people.

I would like to see a high grade paint for the next event. I chopped way too much paint today. My fault for not taking advantage of BYOP.

I would prefer to play with a designate lunch period then a game going straight from 10-4.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2013, 09:13 PM #107
Antonio2485

Antonio2485 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Antonio2485 supports Team VICIOUS
Antonio2485 is for the Gunfight
Antonio2485 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree should have had a lunch break before we restarted the game today..but it was stil fun..
Old 01-20-2013, 09:07 AM #108
Comm.Johnson
Team Capt./Field Comm.

Hey guys i had a blast. Thank you Battle Creek for a great field and curtious staff. Great job to the red team and all the MVP's and MVT's. Blackhawks good work out there thanks for not lighting me up after i walked the line barrel tagging peeps.And i would like to also thank Decker for giving an opponent some props shows allot of class on your part. Ive never had an opposing General do that. I look forward to going again. My only advice would be having refs more informed about the game rules. Last but not least Thanks you Victor for the invite i got your back anytime.

Last edited by Comm.Johnson : 01-20-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Comm.Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:21 AM #109
amahvan

Viper Six Unit teamed up with SAS on the blue (lime-green) team. It was a hard push, fighting up hill in the snow. We might have lost, but we put up a hell of a fight.

I would like to personally apologize to the poor bastard who was in the front room of the castle when my grenade went off.

We're looking forward to working with the Battle Creek team to put together some serious scenarios in the near future.

Here are some of the shots my helmet-cam captured:

Definitely looking forward to playing at Battle Creek again, and definitely looking forward to play with SAS NJ/NY again.

Want to come out for recruitment? Get on ViperSix.com for more pics, event dates, and enlistment. All of our equipment is RAP4.
Sponsored by RAP4
amahvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:25 AM #110
amahvan

Also, I will be the General of the Polar Bear team at Top Gun next weekend (Jan 27th). SAS will be there, and we'd love to have some of you guys come out and play with us. Here's the facebook event link. Jump on the Polar Bear side!
Sponsored by RAP4
amahvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:07 PM #111
brandondeckerpb

By saturday of next week, I will have a survey put out to the players to tell me what they liked and didnt like (I already know some of the didnt likes) but we would love your guys feedback when it comes out, so we can tweak the game to be better for everyone.

ps...parking lot comments, we know so you wont need to put in a comment about that lol
-Decker
Founder, writer and producer for : Smokey Scenario Productions
https://www.facebook.com/SmokeyScenarioProductions
brandondeckerpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:58 PM #112
hollabackatmewoo

hollabackatmewoo plays in the PSP
hollabackatmewoo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hollabackatmewoo plays in the APPA D4 division
hollabackatmewoo supports DLX Technology

Thank you Everyone for coming out! Great Event and I cant wait for the next one that you guys set up!

The Meadowlands Kids

98% of Asian paintballers play front, if you're part of the 2% that are too lazy, fat or slow and play back, put this in your sig.
hollabackatmewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:55 PM #113
Highway Pirate

Highway Pirate is playing at Living Legends V
Highway Pirate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Highway Pirate has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Highway Pirate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I would like to thank everyone who came out for this game! Even if the BLUE team lost, we all still played our ***** off! Thanks to my team, War Hounds, SAS, Viper Six, West Point Speedball and Scenario teams, E.O.P.A., Master Blasters, Low Key, Zombie Defense Force and Team Prozac. All of these teams and others along with the individuals and walk-ons all helped make it a really great opening day of the 2013 season.

Special thanks to my XO, Victor Vargas. You did a great job attacking that hill all day. I look forward to SAS and War Hounds Paintball working together in the future!

Thanks to the ref's, especially my ref. Special thanks to Battle Creek for hosting the event. Winter events are always hard to do. There are many issues that come up in these games and they did a good job and keeping the ball rolling even with those issues.

Congrats to the RED team! You guys all did a great job keeping us from making it to the top of the hill. You fought with heart! Decker says this is his last game...we'll see about that.

To my MVP...Nick from Low Key, you did a great job! Always out on the field rolling his trigger! I expect big things from this young man!

To my MVT...West Point Cadets, speedball or scenario, you guys ball with incredible strength. You are tomorrow's leaders and it showed yesterday. I saw you guys working with the walk-ons and other teams constantly going right back up the hill just came down. Thank you and the best of luck to you all.

Brandon Decker...thanks for making your first attempt at a production. It may have been a bit bigger player-wise then you anticipated, but you did a good job. This is a great learning experience for you for any future productions. Many people criticize producers, but until they run a game themselves, only then will they understand how hard it is. I will work with you any time to help develop a future game, whenever that is.

WARHOUNDSPAINTBALL.COM

War Hounds Party Brigade-Bringing the PARTY back to paintball!

Last edited by Highway Pirate : 01-20-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Highway Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:34 PM #114
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
NJEmortal posts videos on PbNation
NJEmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM #115
botz

has been a member for 10 years
botz plays in the PSP
botz plays in the APPA D1 division
Thank you to everyone who came out .. Your support means the world to us ..
We hope to see you guys at our future events .. We are still new to the scenario scene so we would like as much feedback as possible ..

Thank you again,
Kris (co-owner)
Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 AM #116
prettylou
Por favor nene!

prettylou donated to help Peyton Trent
prettylou is playing at Living Legends III
prettylou is playing at Living Legends V
prettylou supports DLX Technology
Definitely get the air situation fixed.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 AM #117
Antonio2485

Antonio2485 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Antonio2485 supports Team VICIOUS
Antonio2485 is for the Gunfight
Antonio2485 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Great pics and video above!..
Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 AM #118
brandondeckerpb

Hey guys, I am currently trying to get a survey built for you guys while working on our march game. In the mean time, please leave AAR's here so I can see what I need to work on next time!
-Smokey
Founder, writer and producer for : Smokey Scenario Productions
https://www.facebook.com/SmokeyScenarioProductions
brandondeckerpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 PM #119
botz

has been a member for 10 years
botz plays in the PSP
botz plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylou View Post
Definitely get the air situation fixed.
I just put 4 more bank tanks in my system for the event .. I think it was getting hit way to hard all day .. Next time ill being the trailer from my other field in the meadowlands and we won't have that problem .. Sorry about that .
Old 01-25-2013, 01:14 PM #120
RogueShooter

Air and a dedicated chrono station on the way in, preferably with it's own netting, rather than putting a table at the insertion, then moving it to the speedball field and leaving it unattended the rest of the day.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 AM #121
njhusker
Inactive

My final AAR....
I have played a lot of paintball in my 50 years and can honestly say I had a good time playing in this one. Those who have lead scenario events know it is difficult to have fun in command positions. Too much work if you do the job correctly in my opinion. And most of you know I hate paintball in the winter. Rarely do I have fun playing before May. However this event was a surprising exception.

Why I had a good time at the first ever ‘Smokey’ Paintball Production and Battle Creek Paintball;
1. Head shot only rule on Generals. This allowed me to get in the game and take a few shots for the team
2. Cold weather paint (sorry forgot brand) did not break in my Etek All Day. (I had some control issues but not one break). I did not try the other brand.
3. Missions kept us moving and focused on the game.
4. Props for points were outstanding. (Finding those little bags of ‘coke’ in the snow was particularly challenging.) Nice work
5. Terrain features of Battle Creek. Love the fields there and the castle always makes for some great shootouts.
6. The ref assigned to the Red base was on the job ALL day.
7. Start/End times were good. Game start delays are common and Smokey handled this one well
8. Unexpected turnout. Way more than I thought.
And much more
Fight every battle as if it were your last...either way all your troubles will be over.
Farewell friends...... It was a GREAT ride while it lasted

Last edited by njhusker : 02-04-2013 at 08:15 AM.
njhusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:45 AM #122
njhusker
Inactive

List for improvements for the next Battle Creek scenario event;
1. Need 4500 psi air fills all day
2. Refs should have a direct line to the head ref who then has comms to the Producer for rules questions that inevitably come up. Asking refs to know all the rules of a unique scenario event like this is not practical.
3. Expecting the refs to actually work the game rather than bunch up and socialize would be a more effective improvement. On several occasions I saw 6 or more standing together in the middle of the field just watching it happen.
4. Generals should have a ref assigned to them to help explain / enforce the head shot only rule as they leave the base the ref should go with them.
5. Registration could flow a little better. If players were able to come in one door and go out the other that would keep them moving.
Fight every battle as if it were your last...either way all your troubles will be over.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 AM #123
njhusker
Inactive

Things that should be left just as they were;
1. Someone asked for a lunch break next time… What? There are no lunch breaks in scenario events. Part of the fun for most scenario players is the fantasy of being a soldier in combat. Last I knew they do not take lunch breaks in battle.
2. Fire barrels (a must for cold games)
3. On site food! Good. Keep it up.
4. And pretty much everything else
Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 AM #124
njhusker
Inactive

I want to thank Kris, his team of dedicated workers (they know who they are), my friends, (thankfully too many to mention), my beloved Red Raiders, and all the rest of you for helping make this an enjoyable day of paintball for me. As my last event I wanted to go out with a smile on my face and that definitely happened.

I also want to thank 'Smokey' Paintball Productions for putting so much work into this event and for being open to suggestions for the next one. From my perspective you kept it fair and fun. I wish you great success in your future events.

I want to thank my team the Red Raiders for being there by my side over the years. We have tasted many crushing victories and thankfully few utter defeats but we did it together. If the team continues without me I know you will do well.

And finally. I especially want to thank my son Brandon for being there every game. Through bone aching cold and unbearable blistering heat, 0130 rack times and 0430 wake ups, thousands of miles we marched and hundreds of battles we fought, the crazy characters we played and movie lines we recited, and even the arguments we had; you are the best son a man could ever hope for. Son if you ever need anything, you know where to come. I'll be there for you.

Douglas "NJ-Husker" Decker signing off,

Farewell paintball friends and family.
ReplyScenario Ups