Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-08-2012, 12:33 PM #1
pimp89fp

Lightbulb Air Leak trigger frame area FIXED

Hey guys. I am a new luxe 1.5 owner. I bought a luxe from a friend for a good price. It does have the power core upgrade bolt system. It had a few things wrong with it since I got it for a cheap price. The eye cover screw was stripped and fixed that.

Then he told me it had a air leak from the trigger frame area. He said it always had a slight leak coming from the area when he bought it brand new. He said he didnt really care since it was a slight leak. So i went ahead and searched all the info about leaks around trigger frame area.

I went to do all the things people said that can be the issue. From the HPR reg creep to changing out O-rings on the bolt and trigger frame to body o-ring. made sure noid screws where tight.
Nothing worked or helped the issue.

Since i was taking the trigger frame off the body so many times, I started to look at some screws around the noid. I dont know what its called but the one screw by the noid. Its supposed to be sealed maybe a service screw. But it was kind of loose. So i took it out and re locked tight it with color RED. Let it dry for a night. Air it up the next morning and the leak was gone.

So just a heads up to people if have the same issue, check that screw out under the body, in between the trigger frame and body. It looks like its straight above the trigger. i think it was allen key# 7/64 or around that size.

Hope this helps some people.
pimp89fp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2012, 01:39 PM #2
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
DC19 is a Supporting Member
DC19 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp89fp View Post
Hey guys. I am a new luxe 1.5 owner. I bought a luxe from a friend for a good price. It does have the power core upgrade bolt system. It had a few things wrong with it since I got it for a cheap price. The eye cover screw was stripped and fixed that.

Then he told me it had a air leak from the trigger frame area. He said it always had a slight leak coming from the area when he bought it brand new. He said he didnt really care since it was a slight leak. So i went ahead and searched all the info about leaks around trigger frame area.

I went to do all the things people said that can be the issue. From the HPR reg creep to changing out O-rings on the bolt and trigger frame to body o-ring. made sure noid screws where tight.
Nothing worked or helped the issue.

Since i was taking the trigger frame off the body so many times, I started to look at some screws around the noid. I dont know what its called but the one screw by the noid. Its supposed to be sealed maybe a service screw. But it was kind of loose. So i took it out and re locked tight it with color RED. Let it dry for a night. Air it up the next morning and the leak was gone.

So just a heads up to people if have the same issue, check that screw out under the body, in between the trigger frame and body. It looks like its straight above the trigger. i think it was allen key# 7/64 or around that size.

Hope this helps some people.
To find this leak you can put a standard reg on the gun (set to less than 200PSI), which will allow you to air up the gun without the grip frame on.
LuxePbCentral - Your #1 Stop for Everything Luxe -
PM me for any Luxe / Parts! I can get custom Luxes for you!!!
PaintballNW.com - Local Event Coverage & Promotion!
PM me to request event coverage & make suggestions!
DC19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:53 PM #3
pimp89fp

It had nothing to do with the HPR reg or trigger frame. I was an allen screw that was loose and not sealed.

The gun still leaked air when the HPR reg was turned all the way down. and when i saying leak. I mean it was a slight leak. its fixed so just say to check and make sure that screw is sealed like from the factory.
pimp89fp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:48 PM #4
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
DC19 is a Supporting Member
DC19 supports DLX Technology

Exactly... So when you put the standard reg (like a CP regulator) on at the standard pressure, there is still pressure going to that plug, which would allow you to spray windex or soapy water to see if it is leaking without the grip frame on (to isolate that it is indeed that plug that is leaking and not the solenoid or manifold.

I will put up a picture in a minute.

EDIT: Picture added.
Putting a standard reg on it makes it 1,000 times easier to isolate manifold / body plug / solenoid leaks.
LuxePbCentral - Your #1 Stop for Everything Luxe -
PM me for any Luxe / Parts! I can get custom Luxes for you!!!
PaintballNW.com - Local Event Coverage & Promotion!
PM me to request event coverage & make suggestions!

Last edited by DC19 : 12-08-2012 at 02:59 PM.
DC19 is online now   Reply With Quote