PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-16-2012, 07:32 PM #148
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
On an unrelated note - did you have any problem with CNN massively misreporting the shooter of the Connecticut shooting and blaming the game Mass Effect, or were you OK with that?
I have been out of town since before the shooting so (luckily) I didn't see any of the media coverage, but I heard it were quite despicable by just about everyone. I would have to see the reporting you are referencing first, but if there were "massive misreporting" obviously I would not be okay with that.
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2012, 11:17 PM #149
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
I have been out of town since before the shooting so (luckily) I didn't see any of the media coverage, but I heard it were quite despicable by just about everyone. I would have to see the reporting you are referencing first, but if there were "massive misreporting" obviously I would not be okay with that.
Fair enough. Fox played the "Do we need more religion/god in schools" angle, while CNN reported the identity of the brother at first, who received massive heat for s much as a full day and multiple facebook "fanpages" hating him, then somehow blamed Mass Effect (of all games) as one of the pieces of the problem. MSNBC had some idiot suggest that this was a racist issue because it received more coverage because it involved white people. Good ol MSNBC, citing race as an issue where there isn't any.

Now you're up to date.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:39 PM #150
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Why mass effect?

BECAUSE I HAD SEX WITH TALI
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:55 AM #151
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Fair enough. Fox played the "Do we need more religion/god in schools" angle, while CNN reported the identity of the brother at first, who received massive heat for s much as a full day and multiple facebook "fanpages" hating him, then somehow blamed Mass Effect (of all games) as one of the pieces of the problem. MSNBC had some idiot suggest that this was a racist issue because it received more coverage because it involved white people. Good ol MSNBC, citing race as an issue where there isn't any.

Now you're up to date.
All of that is despicable.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 PM #152
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:

Now you're up to date.
The whole Sandy Hook thing is absolutely out of control in the media. So much craziness.

But to push something a bit further without attempting to take a stance of agreement with any of those networks, has anyone noticed that damn near every single one of these mass murders, serial killers, child rapists and the like are all white people?

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:50 PM #153
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
The whole Sandy Hook thing is absolutely out of control in the media. So much craziness.

But to push something a bit further without attempting to take a stance of agreement with any of those networks, has anyone noticed that damn near every single one of these mass murders, serial killers, child rapists and the like are all white people?
It shouldn't be surprising to anyone. I won't divulge into it here.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:21 PM #154
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
All news is garbage
Old 12-18-2012, 10:40 PM #155
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
Quote:
has anyone noticed that damn near every single one of these mass murders, serial killers, child rapists and the like are all white people?
Oh yeah?

-DC Sniper was black
-Asian shooter at Virginia Tech
-Palestinian man at Fort Hood shootings

Predominately white country though still, wouldn't expect blacks or anyone else to lead the count on these massacres.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:29 AM #156
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
From what I've seen, it's embarrassingly favored towards whites causing such things. Overall crime rates are pretty even, but in the case of mass murders, whites take up a disproportionately large amount.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:27 AM #157
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 plays in the MiLP
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
From what I've seen, it's embarrassingly favored towards whites causing such things. Overall crime rates are pretty even, but in the case of mass murders, whites take up a disproportionately large amount.
Case in point; animal mother