Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 07:32 PM #148
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
On an unrelated note - did you have any problem with CNN massively misreporting the shooter of the Connecticut shooting and blaming the game Mass Effect, or were you OK with that?
I have been out of town since before the shooting so (luckily) I didn't see any of the media coverage, but I heard it were quite despicable by just about everyone. I would have to see the reporting you are referencing first, but if there were "massive misreporting" obviously I would not be okay with that.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2012, 11:17 PM #149
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
I have been out of town since before the shooting so (luckily) I didn't see any of the media coverage, but I heard it were quite despicable by just about everyone. I would have to see the reporting you are referencing first, but if there were "massive misreporting" obviously I would not be okay with that.
Fair enough. Fox played the "Do we need more religion/god in schools" angle, while CNN reported the identity of the brother at first, who received massive heat for s much as a full day and multiple facebook "fanpages" hating him, then somehow blamed Mass Effect (of all games) as one of the pieces of the problem. MSNBC had some idiot suggest that this was a racist issue because it received more coverage because it involved white people. Good ol MSNBC, citing race as an issue where there isn't any.

Now you're up to date.
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:39 PM #150
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Why mass effect?

BECAUSE I HAD SEX WITH TALI
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:55 AM #151
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
Fair enough. Fox played the "Do we need more religion/god in schools" angle, while CNN reported the identity of the brother at first, who received massive heat for s much as a full day and multiple facebook "fanpages" hating him, then somehow blamed Mass Effect (of all games) as one of the pieces of the problem. MSNBC had some idiot suggest that this was a racist issue because it received more coverage because it involved white people. Good ol MSNBC, citing race as an issue where there isn't any.

Now you're up to date.
All of that is despicable.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 PM #152
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
Fair enough. Fox played the "Do we need more religion/god in schools" angle, while CNN reported the identity of the brother at first, who received massive heat for s much as a full day and multiple facebook "fanpages" hating him, then somehow blamed Mass Effect (of all games) as one of the pieces of the problem. MSNBC had some idiot suggest that this was a racist issue because it received more coverage because it involved white people. Good ol MSNBC, citing race as an issue where there isn't any.

Now you're up to date.
The whole Sandy Hook thing is absolutely out of control in the media. So much craziness.

But to push something a bit further without attempting to take a stance of agreement with any of those networks, has anyone noticed that damn near every single one of these mass murders, serial killers, child rapists and the like are all white people?
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:50 PM #153
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
The whole Sandy Hook thing is absolutely out of control in the media. So much craziness.

But to push something a bit further without attempting to take a stance of agreement with any of those networks, has anyone noticed that damn near every single one of these mass murders, serial killers, child rapists and the like are all white people?
It shouldn't be surprising to anyone. I won't divulge into it here.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:21 PM #154
memorex
I'm Suppish
 
memorex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MN
memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
All news is garbage
__________________
COWBOYS / T-WOLVES /TWINS/ WILD
memorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:40 PM #155
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
has anyone noticed that damn near every single one of these mass murders, serial killers, child rapists and the like are all white people?
Oh yeah?

-DC Sniper was black
-Asian shooter at Virginia Tech
-Palestinian man at Fort Hood shootings

Predominately white country though still, wouldn't expect blacks or anyone else to lead the count on these massacres.
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:29 AM #156
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
From what I've seen, it's embarrassingly favored towards whites causing such things. Overall crime rates are pretty even, but in the case of mass murders, whites take up a disproportionately large amount.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:27 AM #157
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 plays in the MiLP
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
From what I've seen, it's embarrassingly favored towards whites causing such things. Overall crime rates are pretty even, but in the case of mass murders, whites take up a disproportionately large amount.
Case in point; animal mother
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump