PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-24-2008, 04:03 PM #1
SuMioN
Dm6 will still **** you

All Boards Question!!!

With the recent changes in PSP fire modes and Milenium Modes, Does anyone knows if the companies like Virtue,Hatred,Tadoa,Seventh Element,and Yazuka have changed their boards to the new ROF for the changes this year???

Also, If you buy an older board such as the Virtue Dm6/Dm7 board will it have the changes already made or will you have to fix it yourself??
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2008, 06:42 PM #2
p8nt4brainz

I can speak for Nox, and yes we have revved all of our code for ROF settings down to 11bps and the new Millennium mode with the three shot semi.

Jamie
Old 01-24-2008, 07:08 PM #3
Blackrain7557
Most negative person ever

Blackrain7557 supports Team VICIOUS
Blackrain7557 is for the Gunfight
Blackrain7557 plays in the APPA beginner division
Tadao has already mentioned that they will be putting the new code on all new boards and they will add the new code for the cost it takes to ship the board there and back.
Blackrain7557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:10 PM #4
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Virtue have their 15bps cap switch, which will obviously no longer apply to PSP, but the board itself allows programming the rate of fire from 10.5bps upwards in 0.5bps increments, encompassing 13 and 13.5bps, so you aren't too far off 13.3bps. The Russian Legion Shocker board, allows rate of fire to be adjusted both in bps and 1/10th bps increments to allow you to set the exact rate of fire.

The Hatred board programming allows rate of fire adjustment from 10 to 35bps in 1bps increments, so you can set it to 13bps. I'm not currently aware of any changes being made to implement a true 13.3bps feature.

Older Tadao boards could be adjusted to a minimum 14bps rate of fire. New firmware has been released to provide rates of fire down to 10bps, and up in 0.5bps increments from 10bps to 16bps. The board then adjusts from 16bps to 24bps in 1bps increments. Old boards can be flashed with the new firmware, new boards bought direct will have the new firmware. Shop bought boards may have the old firmware until stock is replaced with new boards.

Seventh Element have a 15bps switch like the Virtue, as well as a Max Rate of fire adjustment between 10 and 22bps. This has settings for 13 and 13.5bps.

Yakuza boards are made by Tadao. They are adjustable between 10-30bps capped rates, and also feature a fine rate of fire adjustment. Not sure how close the fine adjustment setting will get you to a true 13.3bps rate.

Throwing in a couple other manufacturers, Predator boards are adjustable between 10-40bps in 1 bps steps (just potential settings of course - not suggesting that a Predator board will make your marker shoot 40bps!), and have a separate fine adjustment in 0.2bps steps, so you should be able to set 13, 13.2 and 13.4bps - whichever comes closest to the tournament timers 13.3bps setting.

APE boards are also adjustable between 10-40bps in 1bps steps, so you can set a rate of fire of 13bps - no fine adjustment feature.

WAS boards are adjustable from 10-30bps in 1bps steps, so can be set to 13bps.

That's how all the boards stand currently to the best of my knowledge.

Edit - Oops, sorry Jamie, forgot about Nox. Shame on me. Especially as I own A Nox Unleashed Shocker board and Nox Unleashed DM chip! Should have remembered them.....
Edit2 - Knackers, both my Nox's are 14bps minimum. Those and two Tadao boards, so much to change.

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 01-24-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:52 PM #5
p8nt4brainz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
Edit2 - Knackers, both my Nox's are 14bps minimum. Those and two Tadao boards, so much to change.
Yup, the PSP ROF change and the Millennium changes will affect many boards. The Millennium mode is both a ROF change to 12 and a ramp start point at 6, but also a 3 shot semi requirement.

So far, very few have asked for the reflash, so I fear everyone will wait until the last moment and then start *****ing about the turnaround time
Old 01-25-2008, 05:00 PM #6
justavillain
I've got nothing

justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
If I remember right if you cap the ROF on a virtue board when both switches are own it'd be capped at what you set the board to be capped at.

Can Nox reflash stock boards?

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:05 PM #7
Uziel Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8nt4brainz View Post
So far, very few have asked for the reflash, so I fear everyone will wait until the last moment and then start *****ing about the turnaround time
Do you have a European service centre by any chance, or will all boards need to be returned to yourselves?

Sometimes, being in the UK really isn't handy.....
Old 01-25-2008, 06:10 PM #8
p8nt4brainz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
Do you have a European service centre by any chance, or will all boards need to be returned to yourselves?

Sometimes, being in the UK really isn't handy.....
We keep our code close to our chest, so you will have to send it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavillain View Post
If I remember right if you cap the ROF on a virtue board when both switches are own it'd be capped at what you set the board to be capped at.

Can Nox reflash stock boards?
At this time, the only stock board we reflash is the 07/08 MacDev boards.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:45 PM #9
Nokia6618

Annual Supporting Member
Nokia6618 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hater board is already 100 % compatible with new psp and millinnium rules
Old 01-26-2008, 01:31 PM #10
Uziel Gal

Apologies - looking back, I did only cover PSP in my post, not Millennium. I thought I was being thorough, but ended up only addressing half the question.....

As far as the 2008 Millennium rules are concerned, all the boards I mentioned will be able to achieve 12bps (assuming the latest code is applied to a Tadao board of course).

All the boards I mentioned, other than one, have either a Millennium mode, or can emulate it by modifying another mode, with a ramp activation rate that can be adjusted to meet the new 6pps requirement.

The exception is the 7th Element board. It has a Millennium mode, but as far as I can ascertain from the manual I have, the definition is all wrong. "Millennium Series Ramping = European Millennium Series Ramping. The first 7 shots are in semi automatic mode. Beginning with 8th shot, your marker will add artificially added shots up to 15 balls per second. After one second of non action, the sequence will restart." I'm aware of three versions of Millennium ramping that have been used for different seasons, and that isn't any of them. Further, while the board has adjustable ramp activation available, it appears to be based on the adjustment of the number of pulls in semi auto, rather than the pull rate "Ramp Activation Shots are number of required shots before ramping can be applied. Ramping Activation Shots are only applied to “User Adjustable Ramping” and “Full Automatic Ramping” mode. It's possible that the manual is incorrect of course, but if the mode is as described, it isn't correct.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:06 PM #11
airboss
Seventh Element, Inc

has been a member for 10 years
airboss works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal
The exception is the 7th Element board. It has a Millennium mode, but as far as I can ascertain from the manual I have, the definition is all wrong. "Millennium Series Ramping = European Millennium Series Ramping. The first 7 shots are in semi automatic mode. Beginning with 8th shot, your marker will add artificially added shots up to 15 balls per second. After one second of non action, the sequence will restart." I'm aware of three versions of Millennium ramping that have been used for different seasons, and that isn't any of them. Further, while the board has adjustable ramp activation available, it appears to be based on the adjustment of the number of pulls in semi auto, rather than the pull rate "Ramp Activation Shots are number of required shots before ramping can be applied. Ramping Activation Shots are only applied to “User Adjustable Ramping” and “Full Automatic Ramping” mode. It's possible that the manual is incorrect of course, but if the mode is as described, it isn't correct.
When we initially launched, there was a typo in our manual (which Jamie from NOX pointed out for us, thanks again Jamie). Since it's been corrected.
Thank you Uziel Gal for pointing out it gain, but it's been corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal
Seventh Element have a 15bps switch like the Virtue, as well as a Max Rate of fire adjustment between 10 and 22bps. This has settings for 13 and 13.5bps.
Also, our MROF adjustment is from "Max" to 22 bps. "max" refers to uncapped ROF.

Last edited by airboss : 01-26-2008 at 06:04 PM.
airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:59 PM #12
Uziel Gal

It seemed odd, but I haven't had a chance to test one of your boards yet, so only had the manual to go by - sorry. Is there a newer version of the manual available for download?
Old 01-31-2008, 01:55 AM #13
REVOLUTIONP8NTBALL
LA HITMEN

Seventh Element Is Now Up To Date W/ New Psp Ramp.
REVOLUTIONP8NTBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:57 AM #14
FFX_PK_XG-1

has been a member for 10 years
just though i would let you know yakuza is made by tadao so it will have all the adjustability as the musashi 8 boards
WDP MAFIA MILLITIA #24
Originally Posted by MitchK2460agg-Nobody wins when you play XPSL

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post29064942
FFX_PK_XG-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:29 PM #15
Us4templ420

Us4templ420 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Us4templ420 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Just bought a DM10 w/ a tadao board, from a friend of mine. He doesn't remember which board it is.

How can I find out which board I have?
Or does anyone know off hand?

If a pic would help ill take one this morning when I get home from work!
Us4templ420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:39 PM #16
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Us4templ420 View Post
Just bought a DM10 w/ a tadao board, from a friend of mine. He doesn't remember which board it is.

How can I find out which board I have?
Or does anyone know off hand?

If a pic would help ill take one this morning when I get home from work!

Brings back a 5 year old thread with question not related to thread....... .

Take some pics of the board you have, start a new thread, and post up the pics .
– 7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
– APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
– Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote