Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-14-2012, 04:07 PM #1
dreadedkaos

dreadedkaos owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Autococker for Idiots Chapter 1: I have a leak.

Alrighty, so i recently acquired my first autococker (which i know little to nothing about) only to find that the pneumatics are leaking. I pinpointed the leak to the spot in the first picture. The gun setup is (as far as i know) 1.06 eblade, unknown body (thinking shocktech?) and planet pneumatics. bolt matches the body, so i'd say that's stock. any help would be appreciated, as i am an idiot when it comes to cockers.

SICK Infamous AXE Setup!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ht=dreadedkaos
dreadedkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2012, 05:26 PM #2
Darkapollo

Not PE pneumatics.. Crappy PsychoBallistics ram, WGP 2nd gen tickler LPR, Eblade noid..
Ditch the ram for anything else.. WGP, ANS, PPS, CCM, PE/Belsales all are good rams.

The body is a psycho ballistics superbolt. A chineese cocker that has lured many new owners to their doom..

Last edited by Darkapollo : 12-14-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Darkapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:28 PM #3
dreadedkaos

thanks for the info, at least now i know what i have still wanna get this sucker fixed though, love shooting these and would love to play with it tomorrow..

SICK Infamous AXE Setup!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:33 PM #4
Dk-79
SCHWING!

has been a member for 10 years
From the pictures it looks like it's the QEV that's leaking.

Take the QEV off the ram, take the barb off the QEV, and re attach the barb to the ram sans QEV.

It should work, but you should REALLY think about getting a new ram. They're really terrible.
Dk-79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:59 PM #5
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
I agree that's a terrible ram but to get a new one I believe u would have to change the front block as well i have a physcobalistics but I converted mine to a ccm pump due to the problems I had with the front pneumatics.

Quoted from the great Simon Stevens
"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
PaulE2Cocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:01 AM #6
Darkapollo

No you dont.. The ram screws in just like any other.. I had a PB front block on my mini for a while.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:04 AM #7
PaulE2Cocker

All my rams thread in to my 2k blocks the one on my pb had a set screw and just slid in to place with no threads ill take pics if I have to.

"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
Old 12-15-2012, 12:06 AM #8
Darkapollo

It locks down with the set screw..
Old 12-15-2012, 12:09 AM #9
PaulE2Cocker

Hahah ya I just went in my pb room and found mine u are correct set screw locks it down after u thread it in oooopppsss . I forgot who I was arguing with that's pointless.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:11 AM #10
PaulE2Cocker

Well dark is right but ram wise I would still reccomend a shocktech ram or a nexus ram there the best IMO but can be pricey.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:03 AM #11
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

those rams are notorious for leaking. they're pretty easy to open up and put some dow55 to swell the o-ring on the shaft, thats what i did to mine. or it might just be leaking from where the qev threads into the ram in which case all it needs is a little sealant on the threads or an o-ring in between. unless you own a bob long gun thought you probably dont have any dow55 around, so any ram will be an upgrade lol. wouldnt be hard to find a chrome wgp one in the bst, ans ones new are pretty cheap and work great, their smaller bore makes them the fastest. belsales are arguably the nicest overall, but twice the price.

the wgp lpr should be dandy though. also has an older wgp regulator which are pretty good, you just have to take them apart to adjust the pressure which can be a hassle.

and yes, thats the stock bolt. it should be some kind of twist lock i think. these guns are knock-offs of the dye cockers. the bodies are ok, they're some of the lighter ones out there so they can make a good project gun. but the pneumatics were pretty much garbage.

Last edited by Rebel_816 : 12-15-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Rebel_816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:56 AM #12
dreadedkaos

holy crap, 10 replies overnight.. and rebel, i actually do have some 55!!! so i should look at changing the rammer? Dk i'm going to try that today, see what happens. no air atm, so ill check it when i get to the field. Thanks for all the info guys, i appreciate it.

SICK Infamous AXE Setup!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:20 PM #13
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Don't change the rammer yet lube the ram first

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:00 PM #14
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

actually, if its leaking from there its most likely from where the qev threads into the ram. if it was the ram shaft o-ring it would be leaking our the solenoid, since it would be going past the shaft o-ring.

quick way to tell if its the ram shaft o-ring: pull hose off front barb, gas up, if air comes out of the ront barb its a leaky ram.

(id probably dow55 it anyway lol)
Old 12-16-2012, 07:02 PM #15
PaulE2Cocker

Ya usually those qevs have an o run that will push out I use them on my cocker with a wgp nickel ram and my solution was to use. Blue loctite to seal it

Old 12-17-2012, 03:17 PM #16
djxenex
Flank em!

djxenex plays in the APPA beginner division
djxenex has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
djxenex has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkapollo View Post

The body is a psycho ballistics superbolt. A chineese cocker that has lured many new owners to their doom..
Yeah i've had three of them and only one had a smooth stroke the back block only matched up to the body on one of them, with some patience and replacing the front pnuematics you can make a decent cocker, but its hardly worth the trouble. especially since you can get a decent wgp body for around the same price. i say take the e frame and find better body ditch that ram and and stock lpr (if it's still the stock one) you'll be better off. like i said i have three of them and i never play with any of them. hope this doesn't discourage you from the cocker world. once you get a decent setup and you know how to trouble shoot and maintain them your going to love playing with them.
djxenex is offline   Reply With Quote