Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyGold Ups

Old 10-08-2014, 08:57 AM #1
triggerhappy000

New BST website idea - Feedback Welcomed!

What would you guys think of a paintball equipment trading website based off the stock market trading platform. The idea would be buyers and sellers would log on and place and ad to either buy or sell an item and instead of browsing through hundreds of forum thread youíd just get a notification when something matching your ad is posted for sale or WTB.

If enough items get posted, the system could even calculate the average market price (Just like a stock). For example you would search for a used ego and it would say Ego 11ís are selling at around $500. And perhaps list the recent sales of ego 11ís.

The other feature it would have is like a 3rd party function. The buyer would send the money to the company, the seller ships, then once the package has arrived at its destination then the company releases the money to the seller.
COST/FEES: To help keep the system maintained there could a small transaction cost of $1 or 1% or something. So if I buy an Ego 11 for $500, I would pay $501, and the seller would get $499 from the company after shipping. But youíd only be charge for actually using the service of course. No upfront costs.

Let me know what you guys think. I have to come up with an idea and get some feedback for a school project. If you feel comfortable, let me know your age and state/province of residence and any other market info I could use. If you canít thatís okay. All I really need is your opinion on the product and why you think that? Any suggestions are always appreciated as well.

Thanks!
triggerhappy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2014, 06:31 PM #2
Jonathan!
...never even saw me€

Jonathan! is playing at Living Legends VII
Jonathan! owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jonathan! has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jonathan! has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think that's a pretty interesting idea. Sure would cut down on browse time and could help a lot of people connect with a deal they're wanting. I think in a whole this would be a fantastic site for buyers but sellers may not like it as much due to the "averaging effect." That's not to say that a seller has to sell at a suggested price but it would make the buyer more aware of what to expect.
I could go on and on but that's my initial thoughts on it.
Jonathan
Married / 2 kids
Charleston sc
Chemical operator

Hope this was helpful. Best of luck with your project!
Old 10-09-2014, 10:52 AM #3
triggerhappy000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan! View Post
I think that's a pretty interesting idea. Sure would cut down on browse time and could help a lot of people connect with a deal they're wanting. I think in a whole this would be a fantastic site for buyers but sellers may not like it as much due to the "averaging effect." That's not to say that a seller has to sell at a suggested price but it would make the buyer more aware of what to expect.
I could go on and on but that's my initial thoughts on it.
Jonathan
Married / 2 kids
Charleston sc
Chemical operator

Hope this was helpful. Best of luck with your project!
Thanks for the feedback Jon! I know it will definitely help buyers find what they want more quickly. As far as sellers they may have to price more conservatively but there's nothing stopping them from posting above average. It may also help prevent extreme low ball offers. The main selling feature would be that they'll be able to see what buyers are offering ahead of time instead of posting their item for sale and waiting for replies.
triggerhappy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:03 PM #4
Cracker_35
Saltine or Graham?

Annual Supporting Member
Cracker_35 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Cracker_35 is Legendary
One potential problem I see is that many times it seems that people don't really know what they want to buy, they just browse the forum and see stuff they like. This could cause there to be less "buying" ads than expected, but if you could just browse freely then I don't see any problem.

18 / TN/GA
Cracker_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyGold Ups

Rules for Buy/Sell/Trade Forums
  1. Buy/Sell/Trade here on PbNation at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for any part of any transaction. Never send money or product before a deal is agreed to by both sides and full contact information is exchanged and verified. Do not rely on PM's. If the other party is unwilling to share contact information, then don't deal with them. Please read more B/S/T tips here.
  2. If you feel that you could offer a better deal, then make a new thread in the correct forum with your ad. Never post your item in another user's thread and ruin their chances at selling their gear. Do not post negative comments about someone else's item for sale even about their price.
  3. No flaming at all. Please be polite to both the seller and potential buyers. If you donít like something being sold or the price the seller is asking, go to another thread and simply donít post in theirs. Sellers also have an obligation to be polite to users who post in the thread. If it is a scam or violates our rules, report the post and specify in detail what is improper.
  4. We recommend you always check for new and old PbN feedback as well as the Theft Report Forum before considering any deal here.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins section. Please read and follow the complete Terms of Service and the complete B/S/T Rules as well. Most B/S/T questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ.