Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-21-2012, 02:59 AM #1
alee18
HK for Hello Kitty

alee18 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Need help with some basics

Hello

When I aired up my Ego 5 every other shot I would have a ball or few just roll out of the barrel. After doing some research sound like it ball detents? Could it be anything else?

Since I cant find detents for Ego 5 anywhere, can I modify the 06+ ball detents to work in 05 Ego?

Also Im a bit confused at this point. I though that my CP Regulator controls the velocity FPS and LPR controls the speed movement of the bolt? Some people say that LPR also controls the velocity. Can you guys confirm what do they both do and what setting and how they need to be adjusted? I dont have gauges for either one.

Thanks
alee18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:52 AM #2
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Put your LPR to flush with the cap (stock setting I believe) and adjust your HPR to proper chrono speed. The LPR can adjust velocity based on numerous things but if you leave it at the stock setting it should always work well.

For your problem, have you tried a new battery? That sounds like the culprit.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:16 AM #3
alee18
HK for Hello Kitty

How long do batteries last on Ego 5? I bought a brand new Duracell battery 2 days ago, installed it on the marker to test it before purchase, turned it on and off a few times. Took the battery off for the night and put back in today when I fired it and I was getting many paintballs rolling out of barrel every 20-30 shots.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:38 PM #4
alee18
HK for Hello Kitty

It was ball detentes causing the issue. Ones I replaced the old ones the problem was eliminated.