PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-27-2012, 08:17 PM #1
gutgut2hi68
Proud Shocker Owner

gutgut2hi68 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Break beam vs. Reflective

Hey guys, I have a TonTon SFT and I've been going back and fourth with myself about whether or not I wanna get it milled for break beam. Is it worth the money to get it milled for BB? the only difference im aware of between BB and reflective is that reflective eyes have trouble seeing dark shelled paint, and that its really only one eye, as opposed to two eyes, one on each side of the breech. also, how much would it cost to get it milled. Id want it to match the other side complete with an eye-plate and stuff. Just curious for the moment, I've never had an issue with any of my shockers vision and I'm only considering it because BB is more up to date and you can put laser eyes in there making it easier to determine the eyes are working well. Thanks
gutgut2hi68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2012, 09:07 PM #2
cs900
makin' chips

Annual Supporting Member
cs900 supports our troops
cs900 supports DLX Technology
it really is personal preference. If you're not having trouble with your current eye, then there is no need to update it.

However the reflective ribbons are getting harder to source and they do fail more often than the NXT ribbons.

as far as price in concerned, you should PM the person who you'd like to do it. everyone has different prices.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:38 PM #3
The mielke way

Annual Supporting Member
I have bb eyes on my set. Honestly, I never really needed eyes anyways. I never chopped any balls with the eyes off. I went bb eyes because the reflective eye strip always broke and never worked. My bb eyes work perfect with no problems so far. cs900 did mine but I don't remember how much. Hope this helps.
The mielke way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:26 PM #4
nighthunter

nighthunter owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
nighthunter supports Team VICIOUS
I've never had any problems with either; but so far, I like my reflectives more. As long as you're gentle with them, they don't break and since there's only one, it's less of a hassle to clean.
nighthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:29 PM #5
OoZoo
Work hard.

OoZoo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OoZoo is for the Gunfight
OoZoo supports DLX Technology
"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
Old 11-28-2012, 02:13 AM #6
gutgut2hi68
Proud Shocker Owner

gutgut2hi68 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
alright cool, thanks guys.
gutgut2hi68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:55 PM #7
JL1988

JL1988 plays in the APPA beginner division
I've never seen the reason to upgrade from reflective eye to break beam. I've never had issues with it reading dark paint (although I have a predator board which has different eye logic then stock board).
JL1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:12 PM #8
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
My Best reasoning for bb eye would be you want laser eyes, or you have a board that only supports bb eyes/you want wired eyes(shego mod)
inmylife2415 is offline   Reply With Quote