Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-25-2013, 02:12 PM #1
Barryjr

Dangerous power fx

Compared to other guns in the $500 dollar price range. How does the fx stack up. I just got an fx and can't really find any major differences between it and a higher end gun. Overall I am very pleased. What do you think? Fx owners and higher end gun owners?
Old 01-25-2013, 02:54 PM #2
xmc1146
Portsmouth, Virginia

xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryjr View Post
Compared to other guns in the $500 dollar price range. How does the fx stack up. I just got an fx and can't really find any major differences between it and a higher end gun. Overall I am very pleased. What do you think? Fx owners and higher end gun owners?
its all about the marketing, sadly all these kids fell for it. they will tell you, you get what you pay for, higher quality, blah blah blah... all the good things a pimp would tell you so you can be hooked. in the end, they pay too much for that "high end".
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:05 PM #3
Barryjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmc1146 View Post
its all about the marketing, sadly all these kids fell for it. they will tell you, you get what you pay for, higher quality, blah blah blah... all the good things a pimp would tell you so you can be hooked. in the end, they pay too much for that "high end".
Im glad to hear that, my teammates give me a hard time, because all they shoot is dye and eclipse, maybe a bob long here and there. Dp all the way
Barryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:18 PM #4
xmc1146
Portsmouth, Virginia

xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryjr View Post
Im glad to hear that, my teammates give me a hard time, because all they shoot is dye and eclipse, maybe a bob long here and there. Dp all the way
your teammates are a bunch of parrots.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:40 PM #5
FXpaintball3r

The way I look at it. Its not about what you use, more of how you are using it and for what reason. The FX is a hit and miss with problems but it's something that is always fixable if you know your stuff. Whatever works best for you and in your budget go for it. In the end its still going to shoot paintball and having fun
FXpaintball3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:54 PM #6
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Just be careful with the eye covers. Everyone seems to over tighten them.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:56 PM #7
Barryjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXpaintball3r View Post
The way I look at it. Its not about what you use, more of how you are using it and for what reason. The FX is a hit and miss with problems but it's something that is always fixable if you know your stuff. Whatever works best for you and in your budget go for it. In the end its still going to shoot paintball and having fun
I agree! paintball is all about fun, but I want to be competitive at the time and just see what others thought of the fx. Thanks for the feedback. Also didn't know if i was at a great disadvantage shooting an new fx rather than a used dm or ego.
Barryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:28 PM #8
learningxp

Fx is a nice marker. I have the TechT ram and bolt on mine and the feel is better than the eteks I've tried. And they're about the same price range.
DP Rev-i
DP Fusion X
Bob Long MVP
Macdev Clone GT
learningxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:04 PM #9
FreeStyler15

to be honest i just can say between FX and those "high ends" you will see some difference in the weight but cmon, if the fx is maybe 50 grams heavier is not big deal, or maybe eclipses and dyes are more "recognized" so i dont think it's the big difference between all of those. my mates are using the fx and they have a very very good results, very reliable, good air efficiency, accurate marker, etc, the only issue i find in 2 out of 5 of them is the RAPS on/off breaks the oring on the little tip that pushes the pin in the air tank regulator, not sure about what causes it but i changed to better orings and problem is gone.
and the other issue is the eye covers, yes, if you overtight them, will break but you dont have to tight them way too much, just tunr the screws on until you feel a little ressitance and its ready to go.

i like a lot the Fx and if it wasnt for my sponsor i would switch to fx.