Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 08:23 AM #64
I'm inebriated
Wood Grain Grippin
 
I'm inebriated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Louisville to acc. Was hoping they'd end up in the big 12 but it looks like they (read: ut) didn't want to expand
I'm inebriated is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:24 AM #65
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:25 AM #66
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie
 
Featherlite 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Honey Badger University
 has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
it looks like a CZ
__________________
Team Aircraft Carrier - Admiral

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 AM #67
lowbudgethero
Boomer
 
lowbudgethero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 908/570
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
How do you like the EAA? If I'm not mistaken they have some snub .357/.38's for $300-ish but the reviews I read were horrible.
I think the only good reviews are for the witness line, i got the elite match because of the beefed up frame and i can swap calibers easily. I shoot mostly steel garbage through it and it's dead on from the factory, never had a jam after 1000+ rounds so far.

essentially it's a tuned CZ-75b
lowbudgethero is online now  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:30 AM #68
visualx
Raise Your Weapon
 
visualx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
sup
__________________
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
"Making money is art." -Warhol
Odi et amo.
visualx is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:31 AM #69
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudgethero View Post
I think the only good reviews are for the witness line, i got the elite match because of the beefed up frame and i can swap calibers easily. I shoot mostly steel garbage through it and it's dead on from the factory, never had a jam after 1000+ rounds so far.

essentially it's a tuned CZ-75b
Well damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualx View Post
sup
Nice avatar.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:33 AM #70
lowbudgethero
Boomer
 
lowbudgethero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 908/570
 has been a member for 10 years
it's heavy though, i don't cc with it ever except in the glove box
lowbudgethero is online now  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:34 AM #71
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudgethero View Post
it's heavy though, i don't cc with it ever except in the glove box
That's what I've heard, I was looking for a nightstand filler.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:34 AM #72
I'm inebriated
Wood Grain Grippin
 
I'm inebriated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
Texas is one of the best coaching jobs in the country, unlike Arkansas. I'd say Texas has a better chance of getting Patterson than Arkansas does getting The Hat.
You aren't aware how much tcu pays him, how much oil and gas boosters pay him, how much his wife loves fort worth, and how he is treated like a god at tcu. UT is probably the only school in the country he'll listen to, but it would still be tough for even them to get him.
I'm inebriated is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 AM #73
lowbudgethero
Boomer
 
lowbudgethero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 908/570
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
That's what I've heard, I was looking for a nightstand filler.
Essentially what i use it for, plus in 10mm it's a nice full size backup when you're hunting. If i was still close any close by USPSA or IDPA matches I'd use it for that as well.
lowbudgethero is online now  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:39 AM #74
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie
 
Featherlite 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Honey Badger University
 has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
The guns I have perform more than well enough for me and I have had no problems with either. Well my sig did have 2 jams I think the very first time I used it, but I think that was because I did not oil all the right spots. My friend helped me with it and it has been flawless ever since. I think I have 1500+ rounds through the sig and around 600 through my 1911. I just enjoy shooting several different things. Also, my sig is too big for a carry gun I think, and I'm not sure I want to carry the 1911.
__________________
Team Aircraft Carrier - Admiral

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson

Last edited by Featherlite 07 : 11-28-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Featherlite 07 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 AM #75
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie
 
Featherlite 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Honey Badger University
 has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm inebriated View Post
You aren't aware how much tcu pays him, how much oil and gas boosters pay him, how much his wife loves fort worth, and how he is treated like a god at tcu. UT is probably the only school in the country he'll listen to, but it would still be tough for even them to get him.
Well he is not on that list you just posted, so TCU clearly does not pay him as much as UT would pay him. Can boosters pay coaches?
__________________
Team Aircraft Carrier - Admiral

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:43 AM #76
lowbudgethero
Boomer
 
lowbudgethero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 908/570
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
The guns I have perform more than well enough for me and I have had no problems with either. Well my sig did have 2 jams I think the very first time I used it, but I think that was because I did not oil all the right spots. My friend helped me with it and it has been flawless ever since. I think I have 1500+ rounds through the sig and around 600 through my 1911.
I'd expect those to run perfectly for a long long time.

My glock has had about 6000ish rounds though it, not one jam, but a few fail to fires from wally ammo. Had to replace the recoil spring too.

colt sp6920 is running 2000+ rounds no failure.

I carry my glock, not very often though
lowbudgethero is online now  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:54 AM #77
I'm inebriated
Wood Grain Grippin
 
I'm inebriated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
Well he is not on that list you just posted, so TCU clearly does not pay him as much as UT would pay him. Can boosters pay coaches?
He's not on that list because tcu is a private school and doesn't have to disclose his salary. The boosters pay him by allowing him to get in on very lucrative oil and gas ventures
I'm inebriated is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:54 AM #78
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.
 
Supra_MKIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Not what you think
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Are you even 21 yet?
No. But I'm talking about a rifle right now. Next summer I can get my pistol permit. I've already done the course and the certificate is waiting to be dropped off at the police station when I'm old enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
I'm wanting one of these on the pistol front at the moment.


I've been impressed with everything I've shot from H&K except a g3 that kept jamming, but it had been sitting around in a closet for years without being cleaned, so I'm sure it would've been fine if it was taken care of.
__________________
ST:Tech- We write Haikus. Also, THE PLAGUE

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Supra_MKIII is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:56 AM #79
cynicalrider
robert paulson
 
cynicalrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: nor*jers
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cynicalrider is for the Gunfight
cynicalrider supports Pev's Paintball
This thread needs more *** n tittys.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
cynicalrider is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:57 AM #80
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie
 
Featherlite 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Honey Badger University
 has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm inebriated View Post
He's not on that list because tcu is a private school and doesn't have to disclose his salary. The boosters pay him by allowing him to get in on very lucrative oil and gas ventures
intradesting. does the ncaa allow such things for coaches? I mean for a player that would be an epic scandal.
__________________
Team Aircraft Carrier - Admiral

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:58 AM #81
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.
 
Supra_MKIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Not what you think
Gas prices went down, but my 0w40 is up $.50/qt. Huh...
__________________
ST:Tech- We write Haikus. Also, THE PLAGUE

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Supra_MKIII is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:59 AM #82
worrgames_slaya
PBN Support Tech
 
worrgames_slaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
worrgames_slaya posts videos on PbNation
worrgames_slaya is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
We pay Skip Holtz $12 million over his 6 year contract ($2mil/year + bonuses) to absolutely suck.
__________________
Becoming "fast"
worrgames_slaya is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:59 AM #83
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie
 
Featherlite 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Honey Badger University
 has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I bought M oil for 2 years, don't want to hear it.
__________________
Team Aircraft Carrier - Admiral

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:02 AM #84
I'm inebriated
Wood Grain Grippin
 
I'm inebriated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
intradesting. does the ncaa allow such things for coaches? I mean for a player that would be an epic scandal.
It's pretty common lnowledge around these parts so I'd imagine so
I'm inebriated is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump