Just picked up the G5 and had a light practice today with it.
Heres a few things ive noticed:
1. Shoots VERY similar to the G4 BUT you can telll there is a slight sound signature difference
2. The LED on the back is very dim. Maybe it was my battery or maybe it was just i got a faulty LED light? But anywho, the back LED light on my Spec-R was a lot brighter than this. This LED light in the back is very difficult to see especially since i use smoked lenses
3. Shot-FEEL wise is VERY nice. Although it does shoot similar to the G4, The G5's ergonomics give you that noticeable feeling of a STURDY, SOLID gun in the hands when you're rolling on the trigger.
4. Have not been able to say anything on efficiency. Havent had enough time to play with it much
5. Regulator is MUCH better than the shim stack version im used to on my Spec-R. My 5 month old dimpled-to-hell paint in a .685 bore barrel was shooting +/- 5 over the chrono fresh out of the box
I am doing a toys 4 tots fundraiser tourney tomorrow so ill come back and let everyone know how the G5 is in a tournament scenario.
This is what i can honestly say about the gun, not being biased. Only used it for half the day so..yea