Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 AM #1
Austin7

New to air soft

Ive never played air soft before but it seems like a lot of fun. What are some good beginning brands, guns, safety gear, etc. thanks
Austin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2012, 07:16 PM #2
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Anything from G&G, Echo1 or JG is a good brand for beginners. They're inexpensive, come in kits with everything, and are quality guns. I'd recommend the G&G Combat Machine M4 if I had to choose one. It's only $150 or so new and is really reliable, but shoots pretty well. The M4 platform is the most popular so you'll have the easiest, and least expensive, time finding upgrades and parts if something breaks.

As for safety gear; wear a Paintball mask the first few times you play so you get used to the game. After that there are literally hundreds of options for eye/face protection. I personally wear Arena FlakJak goggles (~$30) and a mesh 'iron face' protector. Matrix makes one for around $20 that works just fine. The mesh is great for face protection since it lets you breath 10x easier than a full face mask without fogging and you don't need to yell to be heard.

If you're looking for beginner vests check out Condor or, for a little more money, Pantac is a great bang for your buck. Try to stay away from NcStar or other really cheap vests or they'll just fall apart on you. Just remember: wear and use what's comfortable for you. And be sure to read up how Airsoft guns work including hop-ups which are probably the MOST important part of the gun.
MangoChutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:30 AM #3
potatochip

I agree with Mango. I am new to airsoft as well and have gotten a lot of great advice from people I know who play, and G&G seems to be the way to go. I don't know where you live but Badlands has a lot of G&G stuff in. Ordered a R4 Commando from them and it works good.

I refuse, at this point, to wear only glasses for coverage. I see some guys run around with ballistic glasses, but after one guy chipped his tooth I realized full coverage for me. I use my i4s and they are great.
potatochip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:17 PM #4
xPBxJUNKIEx

Hello people, I'm new to the airsoft world and been wanting to try it out.. How would you compare airsoft brand to paintball brands( guns if possible)..
Also want to know about accuracy, distance, and $$$ wise on ammo..

Recommend me some of the best assault rifles, hand guns, and gear.. And so websites as well..
Thank you
xPBxJUNKIEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:09 PM #5
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPBxJUNKIEx View Post
Hello people, I'm new to the airsoft world and been wanting to try it out.. How would you compare airsoft brand to paintball brands( guns if possible)..
Also want to know about accuracy, distance, and $$$ wise on ammo..

Recommend me some of the best assault rifles, hand guns, and gear.. And so websites as well..
Thank you
Read my first post for all recommendations.

I don't know what you mean by compare Paintball brands to Airsoft brands, so I won't do it. Just read my first post on brand recommendations. A small addition to my recommendations: if you have a little more money get yourself a KWA M4 or SR-series (SR7, SR10, SR12). They shoot hard out of the box and are great without upgrading. KWA also makes fan-****ing-tastic pistols that are all under $200 and easy to find with big discounts at sites like Evike.com or AirsoftGI.com.

Accuracy and distance vary by the quality of barrel and hop-up products used. Prometheus makes phenomenal barrels and hop-ups but they can be pricey. Systema and PDI are great at a lesser cost. Research how hop-ups work before buying, it's probably the most important part of an Airsoft gun.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:47 PM #6
xPBxJUNKIEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoChutney

Read my first post for all recommendations.

I don't know what you mean by compare Paintball brands to Airsoft brands, so I won't do it. Just read my first post on brand recommendations. A small addition to my recommendations: if you have a little more money get yourself a KWA M4 or SR-series (SR7, SR10, SR12). They shoot hard out of the box and are great without upgrading. KWA also makes fan-****ing-tastic pistols that are all under $200 and easy to find with big discounts at sites like Evike.com or AirsoftGI.com.

Accuracy and distance vary by the quality of barrel and hop-up products used. Prometheus makes phenomenal barrels and hop-ups but they can be pricey. Systema and PDI are great at a lesser cost. Research how hop-ups work before buying, it's probably the most important part of an Airsoft gun.
What are hop-ups??
xPBxJUNKIEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:44 PM #7
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

A hop-up is quite possibly the most vital part of an Airsoft gun. It gives the BB backspin so that it can travel further, rather than going straight and then turning down. The hop-up will let the BB glide further with the backspin and on a straighter line; and will drop after a while.

Research hop-ups and how they work, and how they relate to different weight BBs. If you understand hop-ups and know how to tune them, you can easily shoot 300ft with a gun that's only shooting 300fps.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:27 PM #8
isaiahliepold

Or you could do a king arms m4 about $(375) and upgrade it with a new motor.
isaiahliepold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:05 PM #9
AcidBurn980

has been a member for 10 years
check it out
KingARMS
AcidBurn980 is offline   Reply With Quote