PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-26-2012, 07:33 PM #1
ILKx

ILKx supports Team VICIOUS
ILKx is attending Decay of Nations VI
Exclamation Learn from my Mistakes

Let me tell you a little story and hopefully you all will learn from my mistakes

Not long ago i wanted to upgrade from my 48/3000 tank to my first 4500 psi tank. After a quick look at some different tanks and reading a few reviews i decided to go with Ninja. Since i didnt know any better, i wanted a 50ci because i thought it would be a similar feel to my 48ci. that was my first mistake

Me being the great person that i am thought "I think ill buy from my local pro shop because i want to support them" that was my second mistake

i called them up and asked if they had any ninja 50/45s in stock. they said "no, but i can order one for you. and it will even come with a free tank cover" i was all excited because i thought i got a great deal. but i didnt ask them enough questions, for example, what reg would be on it. that was my third mistake

a few days later, they call me to tell me the tank arrived. i go down to pick it up from the store, that was when i first realized the size difference. i didnt think much of it, partially because i didnt want to be embarrassed infront of the store owners and the other shoppers. he hands me the tank with the free cover on it. the final cost was $162 and i go my merry little way back home without really looking at it. that was my fourth mistake

I get home, screw it into my gun, and it feels awkwardly small. so i put my mask on and i cant even hold it properly without my mask touching the back of my gun. at first i tried to ignore it because i didnt want to realize the bad purchase i made and for so much money. a few days later i decide to take it back to the store, so i call them and ask if i can since i havent used it yet. they say i cant return it for a refund, but instead ill get store credit that i can use to get a new tank. just pay the small difference and i could walk out the store with a different tank that feels right for me. i have the receipt, i have the tank, the cover, everything it came with. I walk into the store, give him the tank, and say "i would like to exchange this tank"

"we cant do that, this is a used regulator"

The regulator had a small scratch on the gauge and the threads. apparently, this store sold me either a used regulator, a damaged regulator, or a used tank all together. either way i couldnt get my money back. had i just bought from ansgear like i was originally thinking of doing, i would have been able to return the product for a refund.

This is where things get better

After a few posts on the forum about my situation, i contacted ninja via pm and told them what happened. only a few hours later they replied and this is exactly what they said

Quote:
Hey ILKx
Np, We trust ya, I`ll personally take this matter to management and we`ll decide on best course of action, we`ll see to it all involved will be happy with end result. your satisfaction is important to us!
PM us your cell# and dealer info where you purchased the N-system From, give us a couple of days (holiday weekend) and we`ll contact you Monday, Talk soon, Ninja Air staff
I get a call from the ninja guy, we talk about what happened, and what to do next. then he tells me that the reg attached is an SHP with an output pressure of 1100 psi, and it could have possibly blown the macro out on my gun. good thing i still hadn't used it.

One thing i have learned from this is to always buy ninja in the future. their customer support is top notch. second thing is to be more careful with my store, that is if i even decide to buy from them ever again. I hope this has either scared you, or taught you something to use in the future. BE CAREFUL

ILKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 PM #2
Bigplayspaint

Bigplayspaint is playing at Living Legends VI
Bigplayspaint supports DLX Technology
Ouch. Sounds like a bust. Glad to know Ninja is making it right!!
Bigplayspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:08 PM #3
Lynch_Mob_47

Its the store's fault for not explaining what the different Ninja regs are...Anyway, if it was anybody else besides Ninja, you probably would have been stuck.
Lynch_Mob_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:12 PM #4
mexi ca40k
Pump Playa

mexi ca40k is playing at Living Legends V
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k supports Pev's Paintball
mexi ca40k has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
Ninja is one of the few companies I swear by, customer support is top notch.
mexi ca40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:13 PM #5
Rawrx
**** BRAD

That store sounds sketchy, but the cs of ninja is the best. Hope everything works out.
Rawrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:01 PM #6
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
Talked to Rob from Ninja a few times before. Awesome guy, love Ninja.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:44 AM #7
#1_pballer
Get in where you fit in

You screwed the tank into your gun therefore causing the scratches on the reg threads.
#1_pballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:28 AM #8
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Legendary
Ninja's CS is GREAT. I've had to use them a few times for stuff i bought off CL
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:29 AM #9
Professional Rookie
www.pbfixx.com

Professional Rookie owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Professional Rookie supports Team VICIOUS
Professional Rookie has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Professional Rookie supports Empire
Ray, Rob, Marty and Nate are all fantastic people. Good guys to know.

I hear stories about local stores like this and it really pisses me off. As the co-operator of my field, customer satisfaction is second only to safety in my opinion. We would never just give someone some random item and just have it be the buyer's problem if it isn't right. That's ridiculous. I thought we were trying to grow local paintball, not drive away local consumers. Sounds like the guys at your local shop need to pull their heads out.
Professional Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:44 AM #10
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Ya its pretty sad that a local field would try to snake you over for the profit on a tank, not exactly the most profit in the world. I always preach to buy local because usually that's where the best cs and help comes from. Glad your getting taken care of though, way to go ninja by taking care of the players!!
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:54 AM #11
Oonlooz
Wut Wut

Oonlooz is playing at Living Legends VII
Oonlooz supports Team VICIOUS
Oonlooz is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Oonlooz is Legendary
lucky you didnt screw it on your gun or you couldve have had major problems... to the ninja staff for helpin this man out
Oonlooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:21 AM #12
doomsday57

doomsday57 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
doomsday57 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Good to here ninja worked everything out for you. That shop sounds ridiculous, thats not a good way to operate they should have at least tried to help you out, but hey some people are just greedy and bad at running their business
doomsday57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:27 PM #13
Bigplayspaint

Bigplayspaint is playing at Living Legends VI
Bigplayspaint supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1_pballer View Post
You screwed the tank into your gun therefore causing the scratches on the reg threads.
I don't think screwing a tank onto your marker for the first time can cause major deep scratches ...
Bigplayspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:33 PM #14
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Screwing the tank into your marker, even without pressurizing it, can easily scuff the threads to the point that it will be considered used. Remember that from your standpoint it's clearly not been used in a game, but from the store's standpoint, it shows visible wear and cannot be sold as new to the next customer.

It's good to hear that Ninja is taking care of you. That being said, please make sure that you pay attention when making a purchase and verify that you are receiving what you asked for before leaving the store. It's not exactly fair to pin this entirely on the store, much less to proclaim that buying gear from a store is a bad idea. This situation could have easily resulted from a simple misunderstanding.

Please do not make multiple threads for the same topic - I think 5 threads is a bit beyond what's needed.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 PM #15
ILKx

ILKx supports Team VICIOUS
ILKx is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
Screwing the tank into your marker, even without pressurizing it, can easily scuff the threads to the point that it will be considered used. Remember that from your standpoint it's clearly not been used in a game, but from the store's standpoint, it shows visible wear and cannot be sold as new to the next customer.

It's good to hear that Ninja is taking care of you. That being said, please make sure that you pay attention when making a purchase and verify that you are receiving what you asked for before leaving the store. It's not exactly fair to pin this entirely on the store, much less to proclaim that buying gear from a store is a bad idea. This situation could have easily resulted from a simple misunderstanding.

Please do not make multiple threads for the same topic - I think 5 threads is a bit beyond what's needed.
I totally agree with you, i some how didnt see the big sign in front of that said no returns. i only posted this thread twice, i dont know why you moved it to air systems when the other one was already there. it was in new player help because i wanted to show people they need to be more careful than i was when making bigger purchases with places that seem to generally be less reliable. the other 2 i made before i contacted ninja, simply about what i should do. i updated the other ones to show that ninja took care of everything. ill go ahead and delete them but i wish it could have stayed in new players help

Last edited by ILKx : 11-27-2012 at 07:46 PM.
ILKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:56 PM #16
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
I moved it before seeing that you have 4 similar threads up. The new players forum is for people asking for general help. Announcements or stories belong in paintball talk or a specifically related forum. Given that you were telling people they should skip the local store and buy online, it would be better moving this thread out of the view of less experienced players who will make costly mistakes buying online and forgoing the personal service and guidance offered by local stores. Besides, this is about an air system, is it not?
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:24 PM #17
Absently (Banned)

Absently has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Absently is attending Decay of Nations VI
Trust me, I'm the same way. I don't want to sleek up in my pro shop because of embarrassment. But I go there a lot so they treat me good. But when your about to give them $162, ask questions!
Absently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:34 AM #18
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
This is a twofold story. The first being that a person should always do some research about what they are getting before they get it. In this case, being aware of tank sizes, and the different regs. The second part is that it illustrates that his shop is a bit shady. I mean, when something has as many options as it does, like the Ninja regs, who goes and orders a tank reg that only two markers are going to be able to use, unless you know the person and know that they have one of those markers?
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:00 PM #19
JL1988

JL1988 plays in the APPA beginner division
Looks like Ninja was able to take care of you, I have yet to need to use there customer service, but everything I see shows they offer great CS
JL1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:09 PM #20
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Annual Supporting Member
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1988 View Post
Looks like Ninja was able to take care of you, I have yet to need to use there customer service, but everything I see shows they offer great CS
More companies in paintball need to be like Ninja. Last company that i can think of that really stood behind their products like Ninja does, was Professional Paintball(Freeflow) Pretty much, as long as you hadn't purposely physically altered the marker, they repaired it.
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote