Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-17-2012, 04:10 PM #1
dragonfire665

G3 SE leaking

So i have a G3 SE and i took it to the shop here in CT because it was leaking from feedneck (bolt location) they didnt have much O-rings for this particular gun since they dont carry it, but even though changing the 2 smallest o-rings the leaking kept going. Then another problem appeared. The bolt wont fully respond. Meaning, every time i press on the trigger a few of them will fully shot, and this is just air, we had no paint yet (neither we tried).

Now i read this thread:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3299393

Would the bolt stick be the same thing as the bold not fully responding?

Would it be due to something else?

I went to DP website and order a major kit, maybe fully changing all o-rings will fix the issue. I also order PMD for the back.

Any other suggestions to what it could be while i wait? Do know i only at the current moment have DP 33 lubrication, i am waiting for the oil (liquid base) that i order.

Last edited by dragonfire665 : 11-17-2012 at 06:53 PM.
dragonfire665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:27 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire665 View Post
So i have a G3 SE and i took it to the shop here in CT because it was leaking from feedneck (bolt location) they didnt have much O-rings for this particular gun since they dont carry it, but even though changing the 2 smallest o-rings the leaking kept going. Then another problem appeared. The bolt wont fully respond. Meaning, every time i press on the trigger a few of them will fully shot, and this is just air, we had no paint yet (neither we tried).

Now i read this thread:

A no-no download link....tsk, tsk, tsk

Would the bolt stick be the same thing as the bold not fully responding?

Would it be due to something else?

I went to DP website and order a major kit, maybe fully changing all o-rings will fix the issue. I also order PMD for the back.

Any other suggestions to what it could be while i wait? Do know i only at the current moment have DP 33 lubrication, i am waiting for the oil (liquid base) that i order.
So you downloaded a movie and you are confused because it didn't explain the issue? Hmmm.....that's strange .

As for the leak - it depends on exactly where the leak is coming from. A couple possibilities are the backcap stem o-ring and the internal breach o-ring. If you air up the marker (NO power) and cover the face of your bolt with your finger (go through the feedneck to reach it) and you feel pressure build up behind your finger - then it is the backcap stem o-ring. If not, it is likely the internal breach o-ring - the one that is in the marker body, just behind the feedneck. Check here ---> Dangerous Power o-ring charts for the correct sizes.

EDIT:

As for the bolt cycling issue....could be bolt stick (too much/not enough lube), low battery, or the solenoid needs servicing. Lastly, since the issue wasn't there until the tech changed o-rings, they may have used the wrong size (whatever the "two smallest" o-rings are ).
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500

Last edited by CA_Tectonics : 11-17-2012 at 08:13 PM.
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:52 PM #3
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
remove that link to an illegal download before you get banned. And thats also prolly a virus and not a movie.. its less than 200mb. come on man.

reported
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:52 PM #4
dragonfire665

Heck I'm sorry, that was for my friend which I sent thru aim. I thought I copied this link.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3299393

I'm sorry, anyhow, I forgot which rings they used but i order new correctly orings fitting my gun in hope it will help. I'll be changing every one ring just to make sure.

Last edited by dragonfire665 : 11-17-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:59 PM #5
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Trigger pull could be something as easy as the adjustment screws are off and only letting it contact sometimes or not travel enough to activate and re-activate.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 AM #6
cowboy2305

need help

can someone help me, im new to the site and cant find anywhere to start a post.. i need help with my dangerous power g3
cowboy2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:08 AM #7
Yeti6669
www.YetiPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy2305
can someone help me, im new to the site and cant find anywhere to start a post.. i need help with my dangerous power g3
Post 4 more times and send me a pm. I can help
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:19 AM #8
dragonfire665

So i was able to fix the leaking but still nothing with the bolt. I placed the gun with eyes off to dry shoot. Every time I press on the trigger I hear a click on the board, but it won't shot anything. Now i think I have the eye off because is blinking green after I held the power for a bit. What can it be? The bolt wont move.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:56 AM #9
GraniteGargoyle

If you have a new battery, maybe make sure there is not too much lube on the bolt. What kind of lube are you using? Make sure there is none on the bumper on the back cap, it will stick if it does. Lightly lube the metal part of the bolt as well...very lightly.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:04 PM #10
GraniteGargoyle

Oh and make sure your reg is not closed completely out, turned off, zeroed out, anything meaning the air is turned off using the adjuster.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:04 PM #11
Master Baller
The Paintballn Doctor

Pm'd
Master Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM #12
dragonfire665

[quote=GraniteGargoyle;77287365]If you have a new battery, maybe make sure there is not too much lube on the bolt. What kind of lube are you using? Make sure there is none on the bumper on the back cap, it will stick if it does. Lightly lube the metal part of the bolt as well...very lightly.[/QU

I am using dow 33 lube. So, new battery as i said. I do hear a click when i press the trigger, what does the click mean? how do i know is not the solenoid?
Old 11-18-2012, 12:59 PM #13
dragonfire665

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
Oh and make sure your reg is not closed completely out, turned off, zeroed out, anything meaning the air is turned off using the adjuster.
For the regulator, to make sure, is the big hex hole at the bottom where the air cables connect to? i have turn that many times different clock wise. Right now, i cant turn anymore, so i think that might be off? am i correct for saying such things?
Old 11-18-2012, 01:05 PM #14
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire665 View Post
For the regulator, to make sure, is the big hex hole at the bottom where the air cables connect to? i have turn that many times different clock wise. Right now, i cant turn anymore, so i think that might be off? am i correct for saying such things?
If you are holding the marker upside-down, turning that hex screw clockwise (so that it goes into the reg housing) is decreasing the air flow. Keep turning until it stops and that is zeroing it out.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 11-18-2012, 01:06 PM #15
GraniteGargoyle

All the way to the right turns the air off (clockwise). Turn it off, not oo hard, just snug. Slowly turn it left to open it. And yup, it's the big hex head at the bottom.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:12 PM #16
CA_Tectonics

[quote=dragonfire665;77287730]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
If you have a new battery, maybe make sure there is not too much lube on the bolt. What kind of lube are you using? Make sure there is none on the bumper on the back cap, it will stick if it does. Lightly lube the metal part of the bolt as well...very lightly.[/QU

I am using dow 33 lube. So, new battery as i said. I do hear a click when i press the trigger, what does the click mean? how do i know is not the solenoid?
Lube should be o.k. as long as you are not using a lot. Just enough to make the o-rings/surface look wet. You should only be lubing the bolthead between the 1st o-ring on the tip and the middle bumper o-ring. Then the sail o-ring (the last one on the bolt - the largest one closest to the back of the bolt). Lube should also be put on the backcap stem o-ting (the one on the end of the mushroom part of the backcap) and, lastly, a light coating INSIDE the back of the bolt (where the backcap stem goes into). Make sure there is NO lube on the back flat surface of the backcap.

As for the clicking you hear - it is likely the solenoid that is making that click, not the board itself. In the noid there is a magnetic-controled valve that "clicks" when a voltage is applied by the board activating it.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:15 PM #17
GraniteGargoyle

Yeah! What CA said...
Old 11-18-2012, 01:18 PM #18
dragonfire665

ok, so this mean my solenoid is working, my trigger is doing is thing. So its coming down to the bolt and the regulator. Let me do once more a whole clean up and start fresh. ill post back in a few.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:24 PM #19
CA_Tectonics

Not necessarily. It means that one part of the noid is working, the trigger is tripping the optical sensor, and the board is working. It is possible that the piston in the user-servicable half of the noid is sticking and not letting air flow as it should.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:21 PM #20
dragonfire665

So i cleaned everything real good, relube (very minimum just what it should be) couple of test drive and bolt started working, every other click, but after 6 times the following happened.

1. Air started to come out from just above the trigger. I tighten the regulator and it stop.

However, it moved away from the trigger and air is now coming outfrom a tiny hole where the regulator is. Right about the cave, on the 2nd metal ring, there is a tiny hole, always been there, is part of the gun, but air is now coming out from there.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:54 PM #21
dragonfire665

Update - i think this gun is damage. And i am pretty upset.

I re-clean it real good. Relube eveything needed, carefully. Worked with the regulator to make sue it wasnt completely off. I started to press on the trigger. I would hear clicks and after awhile puff.

After 5 more times pulling the trigger it shot once. Tried to do it again and it just wont. Instead air started to come out just above the trigger. Closed the regulator, it stopped. Reopened it and air is now coming from where the cable attach to regulator and the bleeding hole and a lot

Im just pretty upset at this point. I am giving up.