PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-04-2012, 10:11 AM #43
inferno2inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty

Lol. I am not wrong about this in any way whatsoever. There is no "bolt kit" the bolt is a stand alone part, the rammer is a stand alone part and the poppet is a stand alone part.

Rammer is typically an ego terminology (other poppets just use the term "ram") and the DM has no rammer, ram or even a poppet so the "bolt assembly" isn't even comparable.

MacDev cyborgs are stacked tube poppets that don't require tools to remove the ram...
I conceded I was wrong in a later post I am pretty sure. The point I was trying to make was that the EGO bolt is easier to get to than an Ion, a point on which I stand correct.
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 AM #44
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno2inferno View Post
I conceded I was wrong in a later post I am pretty sure. The point I was trying to make was that the EGO bolt is easier to get to than an Ion, a point on which I stand correct.
You said you concede to your "terminology" error, but your original statement about "essentially the bolt" shows a fundamental lack of understanding. Then you tried to sound smart again and made up the term "bolt kit."

But so you don't feel too bad, yes, the ego bolt is easier to remove than the ion.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:58 PM #45
inferno2inferno

Quote:

You said you concede to your "terminology" error, but your original statement about "essentially the bolt" shows a fundamental lack of understanding. Then you tried to sound smart again and made up the term "bolt kit."

But so you don't feel too bad, yes, the ego bolt is easier to remove than the ion.
Bolt kit is not an invented term, I have heard it used quite often by techs surprisingly enough whenever referring to the collective components of the firing mechanism or wait, my apologies to appease the term picky and the self proclaimed experts, the BOLT. In either case, the point I made is still valid even though my terminology may have been inaccurate. Furthermore, to quote my etek and ego manuals, " maintaining the rammer" is the section on maintaining the bolt, therefore, even my initial use of the word rammer is appropriate since it was used in the context of markers whose part is referred to as such. Vacuum thinking and arbitrary terminology nitpicks are not the begin all end of the points people make. If someone makes a valid point and some terms are a bit off but the essence of the point is still correct, then they are correct all the same
Old 12-04-2012, 04:15 PM #46
whoizsean
FOR THE NRG

whoizsean is playing at Living Legends V
whoizsean owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
whoizsean owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
whoizsean supports Team VICIOUS
By far my geo 2, went to hell and back with this thing. Never a single problem and has always been there for me.

As for you guys arguing, get over it, what do you aim to accomplish?

Jokers Paintball
whoizsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:32 PM #47
inferno2inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoizsean
By far my geo 2, went to hell and back with this thing. Never a single problem and has always been there for me.

Touché sir...
Old 12-04-2012, 04:35 PM #48
inferno2inferno

Quote:

Secondly, how do you find the Geo 2 compared to the 3? I owned a 3 briefly because it gave me tons of issues so I am wondering how people have found previous models having never visited that marker line until recently.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 PM #49
iboomalot

iboomalot is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
1990s Panther VTS running liquid CO2 shot 295 +/- 2 fps
2000s ICD chrome LCD B2K
2009- present Bob Long Victory with 4c eyes

Victory can shoot ropes with no breaks and goes forever on a tank of air. Field strip & Lube entire engine in 2 mins and clean eyes in under 5 mins.
has great range and just rocks. I have never had to use my backup gun in 3 years of playing except once and that was user error. I forgot to tighten the rear bolts good and didn't figure it out till I got home **finger L + forehead**

I have owned every model of ICD , autococker , GEO 2 , Mini , AXE, NT11 , NT10 , g6r and the Victory just rocks.

VISIT www.expandinghealthcare.com for 30%-50% off dental costs with Aetna for $9.95/month which includes entire family
iboomalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:11 PM #50
blueshifty

Quote:
Bolt kit is not an invented term, I have heard it used quite often by techs surprisingly enough whenever referring to the collective components of the firing mechanism or wait, my apologies to appease the term picky and the self proclaimed experts, the BOLT. In either case, the point I made is still valid even though my terminology may have been inaccurate. Furthermore, to quote my etek and ego manuals, " maintaining the rammer" is the section on maintaining the bolt, therefore, even my initial use of the word rammer is appropriate since it was used in the context of markers whose part is referred to as such. Vacuum thinking and arbitrary terminology nitpicks are not the begin all end of the points people make. If someone makes a valid point and some terms are a bit off but the essence of the point is still correct, then they are correct all the same
Whatever man. You're doing it again... making stuff up. Yes, every kid at the field is a qualified "tech."
Old 12-04-2012, 11:01 PM #51
inferno2inferno

Quote:

Whatever man. You're doing it again... making stuff up. Yes, every kid at the field is a qualified "tech."
Ah yes the classic lacking in actual backing approach of accusing a debate partner of lying. Typical. By tech, I do not my children at my field, I mean the actual tech repair people in the shop attached to it thank you very much. Who, funny enough, used the term "bolt kit" to describe a product that, just by chance, (GASP), was an upgrade bolt for my Proto Rail in a discussion about upgrading. But clearly they must be wrong in the face of brilliant minds such as yourself, who are the begin all end all of all knowledge on everything. I can only tip my hat and bow sir.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:42 PM #52
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
So about those favorite markers huh?
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:43 AM #53
blueshifty

Quote:
Ah yes the classic lacking in actual backing approach of accusing a debate partner of lying. Typical. By tech, I do not my children at my field, I mean the actual tech repair people in the shop attached to it thank you very much. Who, funny enough, used the term "bolt kit" to describe a product that, just by chance, (GASP), was an upgrade bolt for my Proto Rail in a discussion about upgrading. But clearly they must be wrong in the face of brilliant minds such as yourself, who are the begin all end all of all knowledge on everything. I can only tip my hat and bow sir.
Proof again that you have no clue what you're talking about... the rail is a spool valve marker and is totally different than an ego. You can't take things out of context. Keep grasping for straws.

Oh, and yes, back on topic... still love my clone and miss my 07 borg, ebladed sonic cocker and my evolution cockers the most.

Last edited by blueshifty : 12-05-2012 at 07:46 AM.
blueshifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:17 PM #54
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
Performance-wise: DM5. I probably spent more time on this gun than any other I've owned adjusting things until I felt it was shooting as well as it possibly could, and when I did that, it shot better than all the rest.

In terms of looks and feel: Russian Legion Intimidator. I just loved the aesthetics of this gun and how it felt in my hands. The unfortunate thing is I always seemed to have some kind of issue with it and in the middle of one of these issues I was offered a trade and agreed to it. Even with all the problems the Timmy had, I still regret making that trade.
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 PM #55
whoizsean
FOR THE NRG

whoizsean is playing at Living Legends V
whoizsean owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
whoizsean owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
whoizsean supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno2inferno

Secondly, how do you find the Geo 2 compared to the 3? I owned a 3 briefly because it gave me tons of issues so I am wondering how people have found previous models having never visited that marker line until recently.
I actually have never even seen a geo 3 in person, let alone shoot one. I currently still have my geo 2 even though i dont use it anymore. I litterally went through many guns while owning it and always ended up coming back to it. Its pretty rock solid in terms of reliability.

Jokers Paintball
whoizsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 PM #56
Beorn1023
Nutz behind the trigger!

Beorn1023 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Beorn1023 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Beorn1023 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Beorn1023 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
On the Mechanical front I miss my fully custom A5A2, it was the best milsim I built. And I loved that I built it! I only sold it to justify buying my all time favorite marker the 2012 Bob Long G6R. Every time I take out my G6R I remember why I sold my A5 with no regrets!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:32 PM #57
inferno2inferno

Quote:

I actually have never even seen a geo 3 in person, let alone shoot one. I currently still have my geo 2 even though i dont use it anymore. I litterally went through many guns while owning it and always ended up coming back to it. Its pretty rock solid in terms of reliability.
Hmmm. If that is the case I may pick up a used one when/if the opportunity presents itself. I owned the Geo 3 and it was not a good time but I want my faith restored for that line because I love PE. Thanks!
Old 12-16-2012, 06:02 PM #58
Djbabychino1101

Axe
Djbabychino1101 is online now   Reply With Quote