KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

KINGKILLA21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KINGKILLA21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
09 non uled slg vs dye dm4?

hey guys so which do you think wins?

Sickest spyder rs around!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3892297

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
KINGKILLA21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2012, 02:22 PM #2
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
It's getting harder and harder to find DM4 parts. I'm not generally a fan of advocating a newer lower end gun over an older high end, but in this case, if it were my money and had to choose between those two, I'd look harder at the SLG.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:31 PM #3
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Ya this is almost a lose lose. The dm is a great gun but as Pump Scout said, its teetering on the edge of antiquity. At the same time, I have a hard time actually recommending the SLG. I would go with the slg though in this instance and just keep your eyes open for a new gun.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:53 PM #4
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

well ive wanted to get a dm4 for years now and i only play rec/woodsball if that helps? lol plus i dont mind the extra dm weight, and the slg is having bolt issues, im only paying 100 for either of them

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig

Last edited by KINGKILLA21 : 11-26-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 PM #5
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
I would say the DM4, through a UL frame on there and go with it.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:18 PM #6
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639 View Post
I would say the DM4, through a UL frame on there and go with it.
yeah i was planning on that and a few efficiency mods to make it somewhat woods friendly, remember guys im coming from a spyder rs here lol and im sure its easy to find dm4 parts if i search the bst right?

Last edited by KINGKILLA21 : 11-26-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:25 PM #7
Zippin35

Not really thats the whole point. It will take some serious looking and you may have to buy other working guns and scrap them for parts.
New England Crusade #35
Old 11-26-2012, 03:28 PM #8
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
Not really thats the whole point. It will take some serious looking and you may have to buy other working guns and scrap them for parts.
ive actually found some one with a lot of parts im thinking if i buy an extra bolt, wires, eyes now then later if something breaks ill already have the parts?

Old 11-26-2012, 03:35 PM #9
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
I will say its very hard to find a UL frame.... Most of them are already on a DM5 or DM4, and will cost a lot to get the owner to part the frame. And if they are sold by themselves, typically they cost as much as you paid for the gun.

Parts CAN be had for the guns if you look hard enough, there are still a few sites that carry them... But the only issue is that spending $30 on a part when the gun only cost 100 can be painful.

As i said in your other thread regarding these two, the efficiency would be my main gripe seeing as you play woodsball. You mentioned you have all day air passes, but me for example, at my fields, typically we play two games (swap sides each time), then go back to the break area to refill pods and air before the next two games. A lot of times theres just not enough time between the two games for me to run and refill on air. In which i find myself running out of air in the middle of the second game. (this is when i play with my freeflow dm3's or dm5 obviously)

As i said, if it was speedball, then there really wouldnt be an issue, but when you're playing woodsball or bigger layouts with lots of people, those games can last 10 minutes or longer.

Last edited by peacob : 11-26-2012 at 03:37 PM.
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:41 PM #10
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

yeah efficiency is kinda bothering me, but i was hoping a 68/45 and some mods/tweaking would help? and i actually found a ul for dm4 the other day...10 bucks more than the gun lol, ive heard the dm4 is an amazing shooting gun and ive always wanted one but the efficiency is kind of bothering me,

Old 11-26-2012, 03:45 PM #11
Zippin35

As for efficiency, how much do you plan on shooting out there in the woods? I see people with much older guns make it through the day just fine but if you do shoot a lot of paint the it may be a concern. Either way, when you get into older guns, efficiency is something to be desired, its not like it is lacking substantially for its time frame.
New England Crusade #35
Old 11-26-2012, 03:47 PM #12
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
DM4's are certainly smooth. There's only so much you can do to boost the efficiency, though. Then again, if you've always wanted one, you might as well jump on one if you've got a line on one at a good price. Heck, I've been building up a Dragon Timmy because it was a gun I'd always wanted... never mind that it's a decade-old gun.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:58 PM #13
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Yeah i dont mean to scare you away with the efficiency issue, i just want you to be aware that DM's are airhogs, plain and simple.

I love my older DM's because they are some of the smoothest shooting guns ever made. The weight of them takes away any bit of kick from the gun, and they are very quiet compared to most.

These things make up for the efficiency issue to me and gives me a reason to desire and own them. If i was in a different position, looking for a budget gun to play in the woods with, then efficiency would be somewhat of a concern to me.

As pumpscout said, there really is only so much you can do. If you did get the DM, i'd most definitely look into the tophat mod, and fine tune the gun on a lower dwell.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:18 PM #14
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

thanks for the help guys, and im not to crazy on paint i usually do 1 case for a full day of play sometimes less, i like to spray but not constantly i even use 100 round pods to limit myself and yeah my mind is made up the dm4 it is, and yeah ive wanted one for years