Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-26-2012, 12:57 PM #1
ring8501

Lots of Questions on how much everything has changed

I stopped playing in 2005 and I see a lot has changed. I've seen a few videos of the Luxe and it seems to be very popular. I played once in 2008 and used an 07 ego and was completely blown away on how light the gun was with a vlocity and a 45/45. There seemed to be basically no kick and shot like a dream and the only thing I don't understand is how could these new markers be that much better? When I did play I was sponsored under Bob Long and the timmy's were great guns with the exception of a little kick and pretty loud with the right barrel. How are the new G6rs? I see that Dye is still making their Matrices (I remember waiting for the Dm4 to come out). The only thing I haven't read up on was barrel kits. I personally used a pepperstick kit when I was playing but the freak I'm assuming is still one of the best kits you can get. I saw Psp ramping has gone down to 12.5. The Empire Axe to me looks like an Invert Mini what is the difference in the Axe Pro and an Invert Mini? I'll probably have plenty more questions as the thread goes on thanks for looking!
ring8501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2012, 01:29 PM #2
usaf_mech
Relentless Chaos

usaf_mech owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
usaf_mech supports Team VICIOUS
usaf_mech supports Team VICIOUS
usaf_mech has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I've only recently picked up the game but i'll answer what questions i can.

Guns have come a little ways since '05, i dont know much about the older guns.

As for new guns, the G6r from what i hear is very good, i've yet to hear a bad thing about them other than the usual user error type issues lol.

There are some major differences between the mini and the axe pro.
axe pro has a lever on/off asa, the redline front grip which has a ton of extra bells and whistles and the fact that the mini is substantially smaller than the axe.
usaf_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:39 PM #3
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
Guns haven't changed that much since you've been out of the sport. The G6R is a really good gun. Depending upon our sponsorship this year for our team, I may be shooting a Dragon G6R. The main differences between the axe pros and minis are that the minis are a lot smaller, and the axe pros have an on/off asa.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:42 PM #4
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Almost nothing has changed, speedball-wise, since 2005.

Everything's a little lighter and smaller, but for the most part it's the same gear. Some guns now have internal air lines.
DYE released a very expensive, very fast loader in 2008 called the Rotor, but with BPS caps in place in pretty much every league it hasn't changed the game that much. Still the best loader out there, 4 years out. Tank regulators are about the same, though now most are made of aluminum and are a bit shorter. Paint's gotten a bit smaller, but only pump players seem to care. Maybe a little cheaper too.

The real changes since 2005 have been in the milsim side of things.
Lots of more functional magazine-fed guns, even from DYE and Kingman now, and there is now an expensive, but very accurate and long-ranged paintball alternative- first strike rounds.

Pump play is becoming more popular nowadays, with a couple new guns from Empire, CCM, Bob Long, and others. This is probably due to the bad economy and people wanting to save money more than anything.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:56 PM #5
ring8501

To me it looks like a ram bolt action on the g6r which should be pretty close to the same action of the old timmys. Dow55 still in use or have the manufacturers come out with their own grease? is Viewloader still in the game?
Old 11-26-2012, 02:28 PM #6
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring8501 View Post
To me it looks like a ram bolt action on the g6r which should be pretty close to the same action of the old timmys. Dow55 still in use or have the manufacturers come out with their own grease? is Viewloader still in the game?
You've got the right idea. The G6R and PE Ego both essentially the same design as the old Intimidator, just miniaturized and reconfigured a little bit.

People still use Dow55, but there are a lot of similar and derivative greases out there, most a little bit thinner than 55.

Viewloader is still around, in a way. Brass Eagle bought Viewloader, then K2 bought Brass Eagle, WGP, and JT, merged them under the JT roof, and then KEE Action Sports (Which used to be NPS) bought JT from K2. Long story short, you can buy a new Viewloader hopper but it was designed and made by the folks at Empire and says "JT" on the box.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:56 PM #7
ring8501

Ahh i see One big difference I have seen is that these new guns have mad efficiency but to me a gun that shoots ropes is all you need
Old 11-28-2012, 04:33 AM #8
89raider
all gas no brakes

89raider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
89raider supports Team VICIOUS
89raider plays in the APPA beginner division
89raider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
the efficiency has gone up quite a bit for most guns yes, the G6r is called a gen 6 timmy because it is... the ego is a timmy copy as previously stated...

the mini and the axe are basically the same gun, the mini is smaller than the axe, the axe has the on/off asa, the axe PRO has the upgraded electronics with a OLED screen
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 AM #9
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
It all depends on the manufacturer. Planet Eclipse and Dye make subtle changes year after year to each marker series they have. Other manufactuers make significant changes which warrant a purchase. If you have a favorite manufacturer stick with it. Dont deviate away from what you are familiar with. I personal shoot bob long and love them.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:37 PM #10
Mocking Da Bird
Rental

Mocking Da Bird is playing at Living Legends V
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ring8501 View Post
Well, as far as the Vice to the G6r, the G6r was a downgrade from the Vice, but the G6r is still a great gun. It just needs maintenance to keep it running (but all guns really do).
Mocking Da Bird is offline   Reply With Quote