PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 01:59 PM #904
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
or he's just not that good. It was easy for him to look good in college when he's running behind an oline that physically dominated every team they played. Now that the holes are smaller and the defensive players are faster/better, he looks like poop.
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2012, 02:02 PM #905
imhungry (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
all his issues can be easily fixed. he dances to much and doesnt hit the holes which can be fixed by coaching. he has been doing a lot better in hitting holes lately but it was ****ing bad early in the season.

he also seems to look to hit people sometimes when he absolutely shouldn't.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:10 PM #906
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
you're like jjags defending gabbert.

Actually, probably worse, since qbs usually take time to develop, where as running backs really don't(at least at running the football).
Old 12-06-2012, 02:14 PM #907
imhungry (Banned)

yea, defending a RB who is having a decent year vs. the worst QB in the league. yea, definitely worse
Old 12-06-2012, 02:15 PM #908
automagsrule
LOIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
No, actually the only thing physically wrong with wilson was his height. He's athletic and has a fairly decent arm.
Yeah, I heard a few people say he had first round talent, but third round height. I never doubted he could be good if he could work around/through his shortness.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 12-06-2012, 02:24 PM #909
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I think the new curve on QBs is look good year one, look like **** year 2, then see what happens.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 12-06-2012, 02:28 PM #910
imhungry (Banned)

i dont think luck is going to follow that trend. they are going to need to start looking for a legit wayne replacement for him and a running game, though
Old 12-06-2012, 02:29 PM #911
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
weeden would 100% be a legit first round pick if he were younger. i think it was dumb they drafted him in the first and should have waited to take him in the second. all things considered it did not matter since schwartz looks good as **** and we got gordon in the supp draft and he looks better than anything that would have been taken at the 23rd or wherever weeden went
Even if he was younger he still would have been a ****ty 1st round pick. He would be this years Gabbert. And you're nuts if you think Gordon is 1st round material.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:36 PM #912
imhungry (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
Even if he was younger he still would have been a ****ty 1st round pick. He would be this years Gabbert. And you're nuts if you think Gordon is 1st round material.
i didnt say he was first round material, i said he was out performing everyone that would have even been available there. he had the most yards and TD's for a rookie but i dont think that is the case anymore.

no receiver last draft was first was really worth a first round pick, especially considering the guys that came out the year before and the ones coming out this year
Old 12-06-2012, 02:44 PM #913
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'd take Randle, Blackmon, Floyd, or Jeffery over Gordon. Aside from Blackmon they play on teams with good receivers so there's no reason to rush them into the offense.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:55 PM #914
pink04teletubbie
I <3 Boobies

All this Payton MVP talk makes me lol. They made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs with tim ****ing tebow. If he can't get them to the super bowl, theres no reason he should get MVP. Brady or the rookie QB's (you know who i'm talking about) are much more deserving.
He isn't even the best player coming off injury. AP clearly has that one sealed up.

DD. Not just my girl's bra size
Old 12-06-2012, 02:57 PM #915
imhungry (Banned)

considering Gordon had not played football in a year and came in out of shape his progress is impressive. i certainly would not want blackmon over him but i am bias and never really liked him. you could make a case for those other guys (outside jeffery, he going to be injured out of the league) but even floyds production has been unimpressive when he has been targeted. they might develop into something better but right no Gordon is top 5 in the league for YPR and is blowing up the rest of the rookies in production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink04teletubbie View Post
All this Payton MVP talk makes me lol. They made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs with tim ****ing tebow. If he can't get them to the super bowl, theres no reason he should get MVP. Brady or the rookie QB's (you know who i'm talking about) are much more deserving.
He isn't even the best player coming off injury. AP clearly has that one sealed up.
if you are referring to RGIII then no...just ****ing no. peypey is much more deserving. i want to see SWatt get but since it is not actually an MVP award and really the most valuable QB or RB that will never happen. AP is up there too, any of those 3 id be cool with

Last edited by imhungry : 12-06-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:58 PM #916
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
I'd take Randle, Blackmon, Floyd, or Jeffery over Gordon. Aside from Blackmon they play on teams with good receivers so there's no reason to rush them into the offense.
When the Bears drafted him, he instantly became the second best receiver on the team behind Marshall. It's not that Jeffery projected to be some kind of elite, All-World wideout, it's that the rest of the receiving corps is just that bad.

Now if only the guy could stay healthy.

Quote:
You're a funny guy.

Quote:
I think it will play out like this; if Peyton wins MVP, Peterson will get Comeback Player of the Year. If Peyton doesn't win MVP, he'll be awarded Comeback Player of the Year.

Last edited by EmpireEmperor : 12-06-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:14 PM #917
pink04teletubbie
I <3 Boobies

Quote:

if you are referring to RGIII then no...just ****ing no. peypey is much more deserving. i want to see SWatt get it but that will never happen
almost 3,400 total yards. 23 Total touchdowns with only 4 int and 2 fumbles. Yeah he ****ing sucks.
At least Luck and RG3 have turned their teams around. Who has Manning even beat this year that's so mind blowing? Like I already said, Tebow took them to the playoffs. They haven't beaten anyone good this season. They beat a struggling NO at home. WHOOOOO.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:14 PM #918
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
wha.

Every game i've watched he looks like a hybrid of kyle orton and rex grossman, getting the lesser qualities from each.

but I just checked his prospect info and it says great arm strength. guess I was wrong there, but I swear he looked like a limp wristed pussface in the ravens/browns game i watched.

and richardson isn't anything special. 3.6ypc? Plan the ****ing parade.
YPC is a pretty meaningless stat in the NFL, especially when Weeden is your QB.

Richardson is a workhorse back you can give the ball to 20 times a game and he can be your offense. That's what the Browns drafted him to be.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 PM #919
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
You're dumb.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:22 PM #920
pink04teletubbie
I <3 Boobies

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
You're dumb.
Your response clearly proves so. Thank you for you mentally stimulating input. Look forward to hearing from you again.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:22 PM #921
imhungry (Banned)

Quote:
almost 3,400 total yards. 23 Total touchdowns with only 4 int and 2 fumbles. Yeah he ****ing sucks.
At least Luck and RG3 have turned their teams around. Who has Manning even beat this year that's so mind blowing? Like I already said, Tebow took them to the playoffs. They haven't beaten anyone good this season. They beat a struggling NO at home. WHOOOOO.
manning is on pace to have one of his best years ever coming off 3 major surgeries. on top of all that he has more pass yards than RG3 has rushing and passing yards combined. also, Luck and especially RG3 might not even make the playoffs.

manning, watt, AD and luck are all better choices. IMO it really is AP's race to lose

Last edited by imhungry : 12-06-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:23 PM #922
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:

if you are referring to RGIII then no...just ****ing no. peypey is much more deserving. i want to see SWatt get but since it is not actually an MVP award and really the most valuable QB or RB that will never happen. AP is up there too, any of those 3 id be cool with
If it's really MVP, a QB should pretty much always get the award, unless you have some godly defensive player. A good QB is always going to be more valuable than a RB or almost all defensive players.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 12-06-2012, 03:24 PM #923
pink04teletubbie
I <3 Boobies

Watt as defensive player of the year, but MVP? There's no one on that team more deserving of that title than Foster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
If it's really MVP, a QB should pretty much always get the award, unless you have some godly defensive player. A good QB is always going to be more valuable than a RB or almost all defensive players.

That's what i'm trying to say here. QB is arguably the single most important position in the game. Its not hard to look great when you're beating the **** out of the worse division in the NFL. Guess we'll figure out how good he's doing with his new team in the playoffs. Isn't that all that matters? You guys talk mad **** on the falcons to me, then try and tell me Manning deserves MVP when he's playing equally as ****ty teams. Give me a break.

Last edited by pink04teletubbie : 12-06-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:25 PM #924
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Pete, why is it that 99% of the people who stumble out of ST:A into another subforum are complete ****ing retards?
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Closed Thread