PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-21-2013, 11:19 AM #1
joolsh20

Anyone tried a Max55..need advice

Hi all,
This may seem like a strange question, but I wanted to know if anybody has and tried .50 cal paint through a maxx55 marker. I know these are very cheap at the moment because they have stopped being made. I know they were designed for .55 cal. This means that putting .50 cal through may be very inaccurate and lead to a slower ball. (especially because they come with a 4 inch barrel)
The reason I ask is that I am looking to add .50 cal to my paintball site in the UK and I am just looking for a few cheap markers to test the market. I would never move from my .68 cal FT-12 becuase they are excellent. Insurance industries in the UK will only cover .50 cal paintballing for younger players.
joolsh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2013, 11:01 AM #2
PB Innovations

we did a bit of testing on the Maxx 55 and found that they will shoot @265-280 fps with a heavy spring. Ball detents were an issue also.
we ended up machining the body and installed Tippmann detents but with the huge bore, they had issues with accuracy, so we made some .50 barrels.
they shoot ok, but we did see some ball breakage at the breach due to it being larger than the barrel bore. overall, not a cost effective modification for field operations.

Don
www.paintballinnovations.com
PB Innovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:41 AM #3
x3n117

I tried the Maxx 55... no problems!
x3n117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:50 PM #4
DozerLVL

CCI PHANTOM PRAYER: Our Phather, who art in Oregon, hallowed be thy name. The game shall be won, by your perfect gun in the woods as it is indoors. Give us this day our Nelson valvetrains, and forgive us our autotriggering, as we forgive those who autotrigger against us. And lead us not into semiautos, but deliver us from electros. For thine is the 12 gram, the 10 round tube, and the pump action, for ever and ever. Amen.
DozerLVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:28 AM #5
mini outlaw

mini outlaw owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mini outlaw supports Empire
I have a maxx 55 it is a good gun on no windy days u can put splat master paintball in it will shot It
mini outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote