Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-24-2012, 09:45 PM #1
scarface70706

Question solinoid all the way down on geo3 problem

so this weekend and last weekend i used my new geo3 and i noticed that when the flow is set all the way down the bolt will just softly push the paintballs into my barrel. i took the shaft4 off and and noticed there was about 5-8 balls lined up in the back of my barrel. so i swapped out the soft tip bolt and put in the regular bolt seeing if that was the issue but it wasnt. i then turned my solenoid to the half way point and it shot just fine. is this due to the cold? the weather hasnt been too cold but maybe my geo3 is sensitive to the weather. could this be a factor? has this ever happened to anyone else with their geo3? or am i looking at a bigger problem? any thoughts would be great. thank you.
scarface70706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2012, 09:56 PM #2
woodsplaya
Out of the woods now!

woodsplaya is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Did you degas it between games? this will push the bolt foward and load another ball in the barrel
woodsplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:01 AM #3
Petersen

Petersen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Petersen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
- Use another batteries (only good quality)
- set your solenoid on high in setup menue

you still have the same pobs?

- be sure you registered your geo3 on PE!!!
- contact your lokal PE-tech. He will fix it for you. (solenoid-valve issue)

check other threats here
Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:30 AM #4
scarface70706

thanks for the replies guys. i dont degas between games only at the end of the day when im packing up and going home. the battery is the stock one so i wasnt sure if it needed to be replaced. i read on here theres only certain batt. to use but all i have around the house are duracel copper. would these be ok? ive always used them in the past with other electric markers. (PE Nexus cocker) maybe those are a little old when comparing but i figured id just throw it out there. i will check the settings because i have seen the solenoid low in the menus and figured it says that because the switch was turned all the way down on the grip frame. also i did register it on pr website the day i bought it so im all good there. if the problem doesnt get resolved i have a local pe shop an ill let them deal with it. thanks you again guys for the tips.
scarface70706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:41 PM #5
Wizard12341
Performance is Everything

Wizard12341 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Energizer or Duracell batteries are the best ones to use.

Cold will have an effect on both the battery and the grease in the gun, so it might have caused your problems.

When you move the 'switch' all the way to the bottom you are causing the bolt to move at its slowest speed. Any additional drag on the bolt could cause it to not fully cycle.

If this problem happens again try
-Change the battery
-Change the 017 and the back 020 on the can
-Change the two 14X2 orings (one on bolt and one on propshaft)
-Contact the local PE certified Tech

Feedback Link-- POWERLYTE --
Planet Eclipse
Wizard12341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:09 PM #6
....VoLtAgE....
Brandon

Annual Supporting Member
....VoLtAgE.... plays in the PSP
....VoLtAgE.... supports Team VICIOUS
....VoLtAgE.... plays in the APPA D1 division
....VoLtAgE.... is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
....VoLtAgE.... owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Figured I would post in here too, I have the same problem and planned on changing all my o-rings on my bolt once I got to cleaning it. But I had a little different problem once turning the SFR all the up. It started leaking out of the "purge" hole directly under the SFR adjustment screw. Not really sure what would cause this, maybe someone who has had this problem before could lead me in the direction on how to fix it?

thanks.
....VoLtAgE.... is offline   Reply With Quote