Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-27-2012, 01:50 PM #22
Word?
I'll get you, *****.

Word? is a Supporting Member
OK.

For anyone thinking of posting please read this post or do not post at all

Here's the problem. I have went through an entire case of paint. Testing every possible dwell/pressure combination. The bolt is still unable to reach a velocity greater than 260 consistently and is FAR too rough on paint. Nowhere what is advertised. This is past the troubleshooting phase and is
a matter of a defect in the gun, or the bolt itself. In a day or so, I'm going to the one place I go to when I can't fix a gun myself. If it's the gun, we'll have another useful way to diagnose future issues. If not then that's an easy fix.

Hissy fit or not, thanks for trying to help me fix my gun.

LOLWUT
Word? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:33 PM #23
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Call Kee, man. It sounds like a reg issue.... Unless it shoots fine with the stock bolt?
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:50 PM #24
Word?
I'll get you, *****.

Well.

Yesterday me and a tech ripped it apart, and nothing was wrong. The gun was in 100% working order. We put the stock bolt back in, and got better than normal consistency

Every gun is different and this one just can't utilize lurker's product, unfortunately. Sucks because it's the only aftermarket I heard good things about.

LOLWUT

Last edited by Word? : 11-29-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:07 PM #25
Word?
I'll get you, *****.

My last and final guess is reg creep.

When I leave the gun pressurized it slowly(over the course of a day) will creep from 200 to 210. But when I fire, it'll go back to 200. I've owned many guns, and have never really experienced this problem so I'm asking you guys if it seems normal to you. Also the recharge will drop down to 160-150 depending on rof, I don't remember it dipping that low.

LOLWUT
Old 11-29-2012, 05:21 PM #26
dantheman88

dantheman88 plays in the PSP
dantheman88 plays in the APPA D4 division
Put a couple of drops of gun oil in your reg gas it up and shoot a few times i did this once and havent had to deal with reg creep since. Also tune your gun with lurkers method. Make sure the spacer is as snug as possible, you have to kinda treat the front of the bolt like a spool.

Last edited by dantheman88 : 11-29-2012 at 05:23 PM.
dantheman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:23 PM #27
Clark Gryphyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word? View Post
OK.

For anyone thinking of posting please read this post or do not post at all

Here's the problem. I have went through an entire case of paint. Testing every possible dwell/pressure combination. The bolt is still unable to reach a velocity greater than 260 consistently and is FAR too rough on paint.
It is a bummer you are having so many problems with what is such a great product! Though the Eigenbolt is pretty well known as a "tinkerer's bolt," I haven't seen anyone have as much trouble as you.

The first thing I wondered when I read your posts was if you remembered to remove the rubber tip from the stock bolt and place it on the Eigenbolt? I've seen firsthand someone forget that step and have pretty much exactly your symptoms.

Also, when tuning, I wouldn't start with firing paint right off the bat. Set your dwell to stock (7ms). Forget about "sweet-spotting" your back cap for now. Just turn it all the way in, and then 1.5 turns out, and set your lower reg pressure to about 165ish and see if it appears to be cycling correctly. If not, you might need to tinker with some smaller o-rings in various places.

A smaller o-ring on the outside of the spacer will reduce the bolt's ability to "never chop," but it also will lessen the amount of grab that spacer o-ring has on the back flange of the bolt.

Next, you can experiment with smaller o-rings on the bolt guide shaft itself. You don't want the bolt to wobble on the guide shaft, but you definitely want it to slide freely.

Last, I've read on here where someone went the extra mile and used a cloth with a bit of brasso (I think?) on it to rub up and down the bolt guide shaft and remove just a little bit of the o-ring's outer surface, to quickly break it in. Clean it well and re-lube before putting the bolt back on.

Definitely don't waste any more paint until you get it working. Good luck!
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:26 PM #28
Clark Gryphyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word? View Post
My last and final guess is reg creep.

When I leave the gun pressurized it slowly(over the course of a day) will creep from 200 to 210. But when I fire, it'll go back to 200. I've owned many guns, and have never really experienced this problem so I'm asking you guys if it seems normal to you. Also the recharge will drop down to 160-150 depending on rof, I don't remember it dipping that low.
I had that happen on my backup axe. If a couple drops of oil doesn't fix it, email Kee and they'll send you a new one.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:53 PM #29
Word?
I'll get you, *****.

Thanks Clark

Yea I put the rubber tip on, and I've tried the method you're suggesting for tuning. Everything is to spec-there's no wobble just a snug fit. I've actually had no problems at all with the spacer. It locked in like a vice.

And to everyone suggesting some oil in the reg, do you think this could be the source?

Also yes it was brasso, if after I oil my reg tomorrow and it doesn't help I'm gonna try that.

LOLWUT

Last edited by Word? : 11-29-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:58 PM #30
W355B

Will or will not fix it but it does work for alot of people. I myself do it and it has worked for me. But if that does not work contact Empire and they will replace or repair it for you. 2 to 3 drops only. Then cycle the gun a bit. with or without paint.
W355B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:13 PM #31
Word?
I'll get you, *****.

No I know the oil in the reg is a 50/50 shot. But I'm saying will an effed up reg screw with the bolt's effectiveness?

Because it's not effecting the stock bolt too much.

LOLWUT
Old 11-29-2012, 06:36 PM #32
W355B

Yes and No. Especially all aftermarket bolts do not have the tolerence of the stock bolt. Feel how smooth the inside of your stock bolt feels as opposed to the aftermarket bolt the smoothness is not gonna be the same so the sealing of the bolt to oring will not be the same.
W355B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:38 PM #33
Word?
I'll get you, *****.

Hmm I guess we'll see.

LOLWUT
Old 11-29-2012, 09:19 PM #34
Clark Gryphyn

Any chance you have the spacer on backwards? I accidentally did that the other day.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:01 PM #35
Word?
I'll get you, *****.

Nah

Otherwise the spacer wouldn't lock in, and I'd notice that.

LOLWUT
Old 11-30-2012, 06:17 AM #36
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Did you polish your poppet with the o-ring on? Have you tried replacing the poppet o-ring with a brand new one?
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:20 AM #37
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
I think there is some issue with the fact your running at 200 PSI to get 260 FPS. The ASA/regulator on the Axe/Mini are not made to operate above 200 PSI. Going to 200 PSI is teetering on the edge of operational levels.

My Lurker bolt functions at 150 PSI to reach 250 FPS and 180 PSI to get 290 FPS.

I play at: Urban Assault, McDonald, PA - Steeltown, Etna, PA - Three Rivers Paintball, Freedom, Pa
I don't drink like I used to, but I shoot more kids and have a better time.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:33 PM #38
Word?
I'll get you, *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Did you polish your poppet with the o-ring on? Have you tried replacing the poppet o-ring with a brand new one?
No not with the oring on. And yes.

LOLWUT
Old 11-30-2012, 09:04 PM #39
Word?
I'll get you, *****.

Ok,

the reg is dead. The gold cup didn't help, and the stock bolt actually was just as inconsistent as the lurker. The velocity was spiking but, I tried to play with it for a while before I realized it could be dangerous if it spiked above 300fps and hit someone.

Before anyone asks "Did you clean the bolt assembly before you shot it" yes. I know gold cup can work its way into the bolt assembly so I cleaned it all down and re-lubed.

It's bittersweet I guess. I know the reg is causing my problems, even though I reported good results from the stock bolt yesterday. So can anyone explain which is the best way to contact KEE/empire/whoever so I can get back my gun as quickly as possible?

LOLWUT
Old 11-30-2012, 09:45 PM #40
Clark Gryphyn

I've always just emailed them and gotten a response and resolution very quickly.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:54 AM #41
fishleg

I put oil in my reg it does nothing except get on the seal in the reg which is supposed to be dry that gets sticky and you get all sorts of funny problems. Trust me I took mine apart and looked and any oil that gets past that will just get blasted into your noid.

Not hard to take apart but you gotta be careful not to over tighten anything and put loctite on the seal shaft end. I had problems with the lever not degassing properly tried the few drops of oil made it worse so took it apart cleaning it all greased o rings properly with grease not oil working perfect now.
fishleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 AM #42
Word?
I'll get you, *****.

I would like to be able to service the reg on my own, but because of that damn screw that needs that proprietary tool I'm not trying anything. There may be an alternative though, apparently someone in some deep dark corner may have the tool and a replacement reg.

LOLWUT