Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2012, 03:26 AM #1
reflexpb
 
 
reflexpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
reflexpb is playing at Living Legends V
reflexpb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
reflexpb posts videos on PbNation
reflexpb has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Prophecy Z2 is being such a problem!!! get a rotor!!!

this past sunday i was at my first tournament of the year an my Z2 was just horrible with the paint. i could only play two games and the two games that i played i maybe only shot one ball. the z2 was chopping the Red Marbz completely in half therefore not loading and just making a huge mess in the gun and hopper. mind you it works like a dream with less brittle paint, but it took me over 7 hours to clean cause it so dam hard to take apart. get a rotor even though they jammed on me a lot. being able to take it apart in 10 seconds makes it worth it
__________________
★☆ If your parents DONT pay for your PB stuff, put this in your Sig ☆★
reflexpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2012, 03:29 AM #2
tyskidmore3
Thats not my name
 
tyskidmore3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wilsonville Oregon
tyskidmore3 plays in the PSP
tyskidmore3 helped look for balloons
tyskidmore3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
tyskidmore3 plays in the APPA D1 division
tyskidmore3 supports DLX Technology
Wow, sorry to hear that. I was shooting Redemption all practice and never had a single hiccup at all.
__________________
SEATTLE THUNDER
POWERED BY
G.I. Sportz, DLX Technologies, PB Rack
Exalt, Virtue Spire,Pbnation
Diamond Hill Paintball Park
tyskidmore3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:41 AM #3
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever
 
Pump Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Wisconsin
Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Now, I don't own a Z2 specifically, but I have Z2 guts in my Prophecy body. I've found it to be the most gentle loader on paint I've ever used, and I've been around long enough that some of my guns (bought new) could just about buy beer. That's 20+ years for those who didn't get it. The Prophecy was designed to be easy to pull apart. Again, easiest hopper I've ever had to strip and clean. Was this a first outing with the hopper? How did you have it set up? I've seen plenty of folks talk about their hopper being a blender, only to find out they'd set it up to feed so forcibly, it would probably break Monsterballs.

Not saying you may not have had a bad day. You obviously did. What I'm going at here is that the source of the problem maybe wasn't exactly what's being portrayed here.
__________________
WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Secret Squirret stuff going on
Inception Designs

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:35 PM #4
SKI008
Fear my Join Date
 
SKI008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
 has been a member for 10 years
Check your settings. If you have the tension turned all the way up that's your problem. A properly set up Prophecy will be as gentle as any other hopper on paint.

And Rotors jam a lot.
__________________
This line is in remembrance of Jared Wilson, friend and paintball teammate who died on 7/27/2005.
My Old Feedback +1/-0 |
SKI008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:44 PM #5
gamer565
*****es love cannons!
 
gamer565's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OK
Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
Check your settings. If you have the tension turned all the way up that's your problem. A properly set up Prophecy will be as gentle as any other hopper on paint.

And Rotors jam a lot.
Z2's don't have adjustable settings.

The shell had not been put together correctly.
__________________
Jolly Green (╯į□į)╯︵ ┻━┻

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:16 PM #6
pykim01
smile
 
pykim01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: nor-jers
pykim01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pykim01 posts videos on PbNation
make sure the anti jam sensor is clean as well. makes a huge difference
pykim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:11 PM #7
loneassassin
A Grim and...
 
loneassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ..Frostbitten Kingdom
I suggest reading the manual. The loader is not the problem...
__________________
Death Before Dishonor
My favorite instrument of death:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P2220160.jpg

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:17 AM #8
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever
 
Pump Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Wisconsin
Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
The word I got straight from Simon was "nobody reads the manuals". That, as he was un-FUBAR'ing mine that I'd messed up because I didn't read the manual.
__________________
WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Secret Squirret stuff going on
Inception Designs

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:43 PM #9
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996
 
steve_81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
The word I got straight from Simon was "nobody reads the manuals". That, as he was un-FUBAR'ing mine that I'd messed up because I didn't read the manual.
Exactly! I have a teammate that is dead set against the rotor because he used one for a tournament and it wouldn't stop jamming on him. I've never had a jam in my rotor before so i took the hopper apart only find out he didn't have the bottom tray snapped in place. yet he still thinks they are junk lol.
__________________
Outlaw Paintball - www.outlawpaintballpark.com
steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:01 PM #10
paintballaddict80
 
 
paintballaddict80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Springville
paintballaddict80 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballaddict80 plays in the APPA beginner division
paintballaddict80 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballaddict80 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_81

Exactly! I have a teammate that is dead set against the rotor because he used one for a tournament and it wouldn't stop jamming on him. I've never had a jam in my rotor before so i took the hopper apart only find out he didn't have the bottom tray snapped in place. yet he still thinks they are junk lol.
I had my rotor for about 2 years and I never once had a problem with it until one of the wires decided it didn't want to be soldered to the motor anymore I then used a friends rotor for a tournament and it jammed up on me quite a few times. I'm looking into getting a prophecy z2 now but I heard that there's certain ways they need to be set up so I'm a little concerned about that.
__________________
Email-paintballaddict80@yahoo.com
Xbox Live-An0th3rp1Mp

"Iíve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." ĖMichael Jordan
paintballaddict80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:28 PM #11
AAJJEEZZYY
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reflexpb
this past sunday i was at my first tournament of the year an my Z2 was just horrible with the paint. i could only play two games and the two games that i played i maybe only shot one ball. the z2 was chopping the Red Marbz completely in half therefore not loading and just making a huge mess in the gun and hopper. mind you it works like a dream with less brittle paint, but it took me over 7 hours to clean cause it so dam hard to take apart. get a rotor even though they jammed on me a lot. being able to take it apart in 10 seconds makes it worth it
You should definitely get a pinokio! Don't jam like the rotor and just as easy to take a part if ever needed which I haven't had to do yet while in a game.
AAJJEEZZYY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:22 PM #12
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy
 
jonotwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NE ohio
Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist plays in the APPA D5 division
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jonotwist supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
Exactly! I have a teammate that is dead set against the rotor because he used one for a tournament and it wouldn't stop jamming on him. I've never had a jam in my rotor before so i took the hopper apart only find out he didn't have the bottom tray snapped in place. yet he still thinks they are junk lol.
lol you need to show him the kid in dyes video that can set up the rotor just fine.
__________________
Speak, if you're worth the listening
vintage old feedback High Tech Shiny Feedback

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 PM #13
reflexpb
 
 
reflexpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
reflexpb is playing at Living Legends V
reflexpb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
reflexpb posts videos on PbNation
reflexpb has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i'll try it again this weekend. i shot premium through it two weekends ago and it was totally fine. it might have just been cause it was so cold and we were using some of the most brittle paint. my coach (Cole Scott Edmonton Impact player) said that it was cause the tension is set to high in z2's. and unfortunately you can't do anything about it.
__________________
★☆ If your parents DONT pay for your PB stuff, put this in your Sig ☆★
reflexpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:46 PM #14
Henrybg
Notorious
 
Henrybg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio / New York
Annual Supporting Member
Henrybg plays in the PSP
Henrybg supports Cereal Killerz 2
Henrybg is an NCPA player
Henrybg plays in the APPA D4 division
Henrybg is Boss
Henrybg is All In
Henrybg owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by reflexpb View Post
i'll try it again this weekend. i shot premium through it two weekends ago and it was totally fine. it might have just been cause it was so cold and we were using some of the most brittle paint. my coach (Cole Scott Edmonton Impact player) said that it was cause the tension is set to high in z2's. and unfortunately you can't do anything about it.
I would check the sensor window near where the feedneck drops. I have had my Z2 for 3 months and my rotor has more tension than the Z2. And I can take apart and put the Z2 back together in very little time and easily take it apart and clean it inbetween points. The Z2 is sound activated and doesn't always place pressure on the ball stack unlike the rotor. It maybe that your loader is/wasn't put together correctly. I would make sure you everything is how it is supposed to be. I am able to shoot ultra evil in North East weather with a Z2 so I know the loader is soft on paint.
__________________
Army Black Knights
Facebook-YouTube
- Sandana Owner's Club - Marq Clan - E-Flex Army -
Henrybg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:08 AM #15
reflexpb
 
 
reflexpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
reflexpb is playing at Living Legends V
reflexpb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
reflexpb posts videos on PbNation
reflexpb has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrybg View Post
I would check the sensor window near where the feedneck drops. I have had my Z2 for 3 months and my rotor has more tension than the Z2. And I can take apart and put the Z2 back together in very little time and easily take it apart and clean it inbetween points. The Z2 is sound activated and doesn't always place pressure on the ball stack unlike the rotor. It maybe that your loader is/wasn't put together correctly. I would make sure you everything is how it is supposed to be. I am able to shoot ultra evil in North East weather with a Z2 so I know the loader is soft on paint.
True... i had a rotor for about 6 months before the Z2 and i loved it till it started jamming on me like crazy. being able to take your hopper apart in 5 seconds is really nice though, especially in a tournament. anyways i'll try it out again this weekend and see how it is.
__________________
★☆ If your parents DONT pay for your PB stuff, put this in your Sig ☆★
reflexpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:21 PM #16
reflexpb
 
 
reflexpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
reflexpb is playing at Living Legends V
reflexpb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
reflexpb posts videos on PbNation
reflexpb has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
Now, I don't own a Z2 specifically, but I have Z2 guts in my Prophecy body. I've found it to be the most gentle loader on paint I've ever used, and I've been around long enough that some of my guns (bought new) could just about buy beer. That's 20+ years for those who didn't get it. The Prophecy was designed to be easy to pull apart. Again, easiest hopper I've ever had to strip and clean. Was this a first outing with the hopper? How did you have it set up? I've seen plenty of folks talk about their hopper being a blender, only to find out they'd set it up to feed so forcibly, it would probably break Monsterballs.

Not saying you may not have had a bad day. You obviously did. What I'm going at here is that the source of the problem maybe wasn't exactly what's being portrayed here.
well the only problem with the z2 is that you can't actually change any of the settings. having a prophecy V2 with z2 internals would probably be a really good idea cause then you can change pretty much all of the settings. the only problem i had with taking apart the hopper were the E clips. if they were easier to take off then cleaning the hopper would be REALLY easy.
__________________
★☆ If your parents DONT pay for your PB stuff, put this in your Sig ☆★
reflexpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:24 PM #17
reflexpb
 
 
reflexpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
reflexpb is playing at Living Legends V
reflexpb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
reflexpb posts videos on PbNation
reflexpb has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
also another issue that i would like to point out are the speed feeds for the z2 and any prophecy. they work amazing until you take a hard dive and the speedfeed opens and you lose all of your paint. i hope KM makes a good one with magnets and the latch thing that the exalt one uses.
__________________
★☆ If your parents DONT pay for your PB stuff, put this in your Sig ☆★
reflexpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:37 PM #18
reflexpb
 
 
reflexpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
reflexpb is playing at Living Legends V
reflexpb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
reflexpb posts videos on PbNation
reflexpb has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
so the EXACT same thing happened today with evil. it can take any paint except for evil or RED marbz. it shot premium and the green marb perfectly. so what's wrong with it??
__________________
★☆ If your parents DONT pay for your PB stuff, put this in your Sig ☆★
reflexpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:23 PM #19
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAJJEEZZYY View Post
You should definitely get a pinokio! Don't jam like the rotor and just as easy to take a part if ever needed which I haven't had to do yet while in a game.
Surely you jest...
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:35 AM #20
Harribo
 
 
Harribo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Norway
May very well be the cold causing issues with brittle paint like that. Have you tried another loader?
__________________
Macdev Clone VX Brown/white
Safer 73/45 with Ninja SLP.
Harribo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:45 AM #21
fox5100
#16
 
fox5100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
fox5100 plays in the PSP
fox5100 supports Cereal Killerz 2
fox5100 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fox5100 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I would make sure that you put it together right, I have owned 3 prophecys and have never had a issue.
fox5100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump