PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-03-2012, 12:58 PM #1
-Shake-N-Bake-
Money Is The Motive

-Shake-N-Bake- plays in the PSP
What should i do to make my 06 Evil Minion the smoothest and quiestest out there?

I just resecently purchased a 06 Evil Minion with a UL frame as well as a CP asa. The previous owner didn't really know how to tech it properly but it still shoots good. I want the smoothest and quiestest shot out of my minion so what do you guys reccomend that i put my settings as? I shoots 12.5 out of it and Iím located in Texas? What should be my LPR tunning and dwell? Please lmk if you have any tips, advice, and anything I should know about my Evil Minion. Thanks in advance.
Paul #17
Ball Till I Fall, Floss Until I Finish
GrInD 4 LiFe
R.I.P Sidney NG

Steller Dye Bullets NT10.5 F/S/T
-Shake-N-Bake- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2012, 10:37 PM #2
JoshC90

JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
Lol saw that for sale on the austin baller fb group, you selling it or did u just buy it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90bQP--D4Ag

Pretty much tells you everything, a minion is matrix with a paint/mill job. Set LPR the way he does and im pretty sure he goes over dwell, if not stock or 1-2 below is always a safe bet. Stock well on a UL board is 18

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made
JoshC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:47 PM #3
cmdrsuds

Put dwell at 21 so you can lower LPR. The Eigenring is worth a look and so is Lurker lube. It has teflon in it so it lasts long, super slick, and doesn't take much. It's also only $8! You might need to change the reg seats in the LPR and HPR. You can also look into getting the bolt and can polished after you break it in a little.

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:07 PM #4
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
cmdrsuds nailed it. I have not tried the lurker lube, but have noticed that the, and I cannot believe I am saying this, techt salv seems to be a little bit smoother then the Dye Dow33. That said, it may be percieved in my head, and I am super picky about cleaning down the gun after every day, removing and inspecting the orings, wiping it totally down, and putting it all back together with new lube, so cannot say if it lasts longer then one or another. It lasts at least 4 cases, verified.

Dan

Last edited by mymutter : 12-11-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: fixing it to somewhat proper english.
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:32 PM #5
Goumba

Skip the lurker ring it will help efficiency but won't do a lot for smoothness .

Get an orange bolt they are lighter .

Mod your bolt cap and cut 2 rings out for more volume .

Run your dwell very high . Increase your dwell over the chrono until you don't see a raise in fps with a raise in dwell . Then add 2 to the dwell .

Use slik honey ( amazing for warm weather and high humidity I ran it when I lived in Houston this past summer I could only run it during the summer in nj but you can run it year round ).

Chrono to 280 fps not 300 use a really tight bore barrel , you will need a lower pressure to chrono and it will be smoother . Look for a tight freak or lurker barrel .

Once it's chronoed time to set the lpr. If you shoot on psp shoot it on psp and see if you get drop off . If not turn the lpr down 1/4 turn . Do this until turning down the lpr makes the balls drop off during a stream . Once you find this point turn the lpr back up 1/8 of a turn to be safe for weather .

Enjoy . Also using a 68ci tank or heavier hopper (rotor) will help too .
Old 12-11-2012, 10:11 PM #6
mymutter
I crack myself up!

I noticed with the orange bolt I could lower my dwell a little with no effect on efficiency, but the rear bumper takes a hell of a beating.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:56 PM #7
dijonr2

dijonr2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I've tried an orange bolt, polished bolt different settings with higher dwells & LPR settings & the absolute best is the TechT L7. Very quiet & Smoothest shot you will EVER get from your Minion.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...nr2+feedbac k
dijonr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:17 PM #8
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Really, you're the first person I've ever heard that liked the PM/EM L7 bolt. I despised it with the heat of a thousand burning suns. Might as well just buy a PMR and get rid of the Matrix, since that's what the L7 turns your marker into (unbalanced blow forward spool).

2014 Vapor FST

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 PM #9
mymutter
I crack myself up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijonr2 View Post
I've tried an orange bolt, polished bolt different settings with higher dwells & LPR settings & the absolute best is the TechT L7. Very quiet & Smoothest shot you will EVER get from your Minion.
I call bull****. NOBODY likes the TechT L7 for the Proto matrix or Dye matrix

You must have a PMR, which while made overseas is a decent marker for the price, and the fact that it is not a balanced spool, the techt L7 might make a difference (the only reason I say might is that I have never shot one with the L7 bolt so cannot say).

Dan
Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 AM #10
dijonr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
Really, you're the first person I've ever heard that liked the PM/EM L7 bolt. I despised it with the heat of a thousand burning suns. Might as well just buy a PMR and get rid of the Matrix, since that's what the L7 turns your marker into (unbalanced blow forward spool).
What did you not like about it? What marker did you use it in that you despised it so much?

I was just sharing my personal experience with it & to me it's a fact that next to a stock bolt sweet spotted reg PM7 compared to a L7'd tuned PM7 the L7 PM7 hands down shoots smoother & quieter without question. You say unbalanced blow forward spool but when people shoot my PM7 they are just amazed at how quiet & smooth it is.

I've helped plenty of friends with thier L7 PM7's & I haven't ran into anyone of them that couldn't be tuned and working properly. There are several reasons I personally like it in the PM7 one of which I don't like the eye pipes & I've tried the L7 in the DM7 & the PM7 & the PM8(different L7 in the PM8) but I prefer the feel in the pm7 overall.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:02 AM #11
dijonr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymutter View Post
I call bull****. NOBODY likes the TechT L7 for the Proto matrix or Dye matrix

You must have a PMR, which while made overseas is a decent marker for the price, and the fact that it is not a balanced spool, the techt L7 might make a difference (the only reason I say might is that I have never shot one with the L7 bolt so cannot say).

Dan
Hey Dan, actually it's a 07 Minion(PM7) I use the L7 in. C'mon nobody likes the L7?? I see you're in the Chicagoland area so we must play at the same places especially if you're area code is 847. If you ever want to try it out side by side pm me if you go to team practice on Sundays or Thursdays & I'm sure I can make you a believer. I can set it up side by side one with the L7 & one without. I'm just saying that I've never had anyone pick it up & say it shoots crappy, what I do get is people asking me what did you do to this. They usually think it's a polished bolt or something.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:33 PM #12
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

Quote:
What did you not like about it? What marker did you use it in that you despised it so much?

I was just sharing my personal experience with it & to me it's a fact that next to a stock bolt sweet spotted reg PM7 compared to a L7'd tuned PM7 the L7 PM7 hands down shoots smoother & quieter without question. You say unbalanced blow forward spool but when people shoot my PM7 they are just amazed at how quiet & smooth it is.

I've helped plenty of friends with thier L7 PM7's & I haven't ran into anyone of them that couldn't be tuned and working properly. There are several reasons I personally like it in the PM7 one of which I don't like the eye pipes & I've tried the L7 in the DM7 & the PM7 & the PM8(different L7 in the PM8) but I prefer the feel in the pm7 overall.
Every one I've used (a bunch of people I know bought TechT's hype and bought them) wasn't as smooth as a properly tuned PM7 with stock bolt. While lighter, you lose 50% of your tuning ability since the LPR becomes useless. It also was less efficient than with the stock bolt, again despite being a much lighter moving mass.

Maybe it can be tuned out, but I don't see how since all tuning must be done with HPR (which will affect velocity), orings, and dwell. But in all those I've ever shot, it shot nowhere near as nice as stock.

2014 Vapor FST

Old 12-14-2012, 12:59 PM #13
dijonr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
Every one I've used (a bunch of people I know bought TechT's hype and bought them) wasn't as smooth as a properly tuned PM7 with stock bolt. While lighter, you lose 50% of your tuning ability since the LPR becomes useless. It also was less efficient than with the stock bolt, again despite being a much lighter moving mass.

Maybe it can be tuned out, but I don't see how since all tuning must be done with HPR (which will affect velocity), orings, and dwell. But in all those I've ever shot, it shot nowhere near as nice as stock.
From my personal experience it's just not possible to have a smoother stock bolt shooting better then a L7 pm7. I have had several pm7's & I currently have 2 in hand & 1 on loan. I have the stock bolt & a polished bolt & sweet spotted the lpr when tuning the stock bolts & no matter what will not shoot better then the L7 PM7. I'm pretty experienced in the DM/PM line as well. The L7 takes the LPR out of the equation I'm not going to dispute that, what I'm saying is it shoots GREAT.

I'll throw this out there anyone in the Chicagoland area & if they have a PM7 they want to try out against mine I'm more then happy to have them try it out, side by side or even tinker with my other PM7 that has the stock bolt in it to see which one shoots smoother. I'll even let them play with any settings they want or bring your well tuned stock or billy wing bolt pm7. We can use the same tanks loaders & paint so there will be no variable that's different aside from the bolt itself. Like I said when they first came out there was a confusion on how to tune the gun with the L7 & I have personally helped many people & those people loved it once it was up & running.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:02 PM #14
mymutter
I crack myself up!

Quote:
Hey Dan, actually it's a 07 Minion(PM7) I use the L7 in. C'mon nobody likes the L7?? I see you're in the Chicagoland area so we must play at the same places especially if you're area code is 847. If you ever want to try it out side by side pm me if you go to team practice on Sundays or Thursdays & I'm sure I can make you a believer. I can set it up side by side one with the L7 & one without. I'm just saying that I've never had anyone pick it up & say it shoots crappy, what I do get is people asking me what did you do to this. They usually think it's a polished bolt or something.
Mostly at santa's village now, (paintball explosion) but sometimes at CPX and Badlandz,

Just don't like it, and yes, I have shot one before.

Will hit you up, running out of time right now!

Dan
Old 12-14-2012, 07:32 PM #15
dijonr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymutter View Post
Mostly at santa's village now, (paintball explosion) but sometimes at CPX and Badlandz,

Just don't like it, and yes, I have shot one before.

Will hit you up, running out of time right now!

Dan
Yep I play there often enough im in dundee all the time. Hit me up and all I ask is you give your honest opinion of my pm7 vs a stock one
Old 12-15-2012, 08:02 PM #16
mymutter
I crack myself up!

probably will not be back there until spring, taking the winter off (except for lake play, don't ask).

mainly when you look at how the techt bolt works, it makes the pm7 an unbalanced spool which is the same as a PMR, sounds funny, the PMR is a great marker for the money, but at the most, the techt bolt makes your PM7 shoot like a pmr.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:47 PM #17
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

Better than a stock PMR, but PMR + L7 bolt will shoot the same as the PM7 + L7 bolt im my experience. L7 bolt for the PMR does help the PMR. Not enough to justify the cost IMO, but it does help.

2014 Vapor FST