PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-28-2012, 11:08 AM #1
Subcutaneous

Oiling my gun when using CPA.

Hi,

Last time I played paintball consistently was back in 2005ish and I used only CO2. Now that I'm getting back into it I'm going to be purchasing a CPA tank and I've noticed all the horror stories about not allowing oil to get into the fill nipple/etc due to combustion that can occur.

Back when I played the most common way to oil your gun (without taking it apart) was to place a few drops in the (ASA?) connector where your tank screwed in and fire a few shots. Is it safe to do that with a (pressurized) CPA tank? Or would I risk some oil creeping back through the regulator.

I tried googling, etc and just found people talking about not placing oil directly into the fill nipple (nothing directly about this in the safety sticky either). I'm 90% sure that's because it's safe but I figure it would be best to check instead of have my tank fail while some poor sap is filling it.

Thanks.

Last edited by Subcutaneous : 11-28-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Subcutaneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2012, 12:08 PM #2
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

has been a member for 10 years
Putting a few drops in the asa is completely fine and it won't work its way into the regulator or tank.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Dyoel182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:11 PM #3
bronze
copper alloy

bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyoel182 View Post
Putting a few drops in the asa is completely fine and it won't work its way into the regulator or tank.
Yep. And remember this, when it's time to lube the internals of the reg. Use a non petroleum base lubricant. It depends on the brand of reg, but normally dow 33 is appropriate lube
Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 PM #4
Subcutaneous

Awesome, thanks.
Subcutaneous is offline   Reply With Quote