Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-24-2012, 12:13 AM #1
Methodcaptain

prophecy z2 issues....belt o-ring size?

I've done searches, and can't find the official o-ring size for the prohphecy z2 belt o-ring. If anyone can get me that I'd appreciate it.

On to my continued issues: My prophecies are crushing/clipping paintballs before I even get to shoot them. They are breaking in the breech and the hopper.

I have adjusted all the settings, down to slowest speed, and it is still the same result. These hoppers are supposed to shoot brittle paint, but I am not seeing those results. Settings: speed 1, sound sensitivity 3, rf and motor sensing left at stock settings.

The drive doen't have any "slack" in it, so that when the bolt goes forward, the stack of paint has no where to go. It gets clipped by the bolt because the drive cone won't move backwards at all to allow the stack to move. I honestly want to play with different o-ring belt sizes to see if I can get a little slack in the action to allow me to feed and shoot brittle paint.

I have tried this same paint in my old Halos, and it will at least allow a little flex in the stack to allow the bolt to pass without breaking the next ball in line. My Z2's just won't allow any movement.

If I don't get this issue fixed, I'll be throwing these out the window. My 6-7 year old hoppers work fine, and I don't break paint. I keep trying my prophecy's, and I contine to get crushed paint in the breech.

WANTED: Blue angel A1 grips
Wanted - Angel A1/SB/AR:K parts and markers broken or working
Methodcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2012, 11:38 AM #2
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

ncstatered21 supports Team VICIOUS
ncstatered21 is an NCPA player
ncstatered21 supports DLX Technology
I have the same issue of shredding paint as well but I have no idea what is causing it. I believe the oring size was mentioned in Simons disassembly video I the CD That came with the Z2 and it is also on YouTube.

I believe I fixed my issue by switching my freeway anti-jam and replacing it with the Prophecy V2 anti-jam. I won't know for sure till I get more paint but I'm thinking that's what fixed it. I was able to get through one full hopper with no breaks with the V2 anti-jam so that's why I believe that fixed it. But I don't know if it was just dumb luck.

In hoping Simon chimes in here sometime to give a little advice.
ncstatered21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:28 PM #3
Methodcaptain

I'm going to try some different o-rings on the belt to see if it helps. I just ordered a few of the correct size, and a few sizes larger. The hoppers aren't working as is, so I figured a few cents to try o-rings shouldn't hurt.

The stock size looks to be 028 Buna N 70.

It's really a shame these don't work as they should. I loved my Halos because they were reliable and always fed, but I was lured to these by the easy disassembly, and the fact that its the only high end hopper with a manual feed. I want to still be able to feed paint if the batteries die.

If there was a way to modify these for tension adjustment, it would be great. Even if it was the spring method used in the original halos.

I'd like to see Simon chime in as well, just to know if there really is an issue like the one that I described above. I look through the fourms and I see alot of similar issues.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:10 PM #4
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

I just hope this thing works like it should tmrw. Mine shredded paint brand new out of the wrapping. And it's not the sensor window being backwards either.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:39 PM #5
Methodcaptain

did you get a chance to test yours?

Old 11-25-2012, 10:04 PM #6
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Ya know I've had more issues with my stupid axe to tackle the problem. But I think it is fixed. I put back in my V2 anti-jam and it worked fine until my axe started messing up.

I think it's all good but ill let u know 100% when I get my axe fixed. Hopefully KEE responds to me tmrw and sends me a new Anti jam. May be calling them anyways.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:23 AM #7
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Sending it to KEE maybe.