Community Focus

Old 11-23-2012, 03:04 PM #1
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 supports Team VICIOUS
RBR321 supports DLX Technology
After Effects CS6 audio problem and Sony Vegas Pro 11 video clips doubling problem

All of my clips have audio and if I put them into Sony Vegas Pro 11 the audio still works fine (although there is an issue is SVP11 that I just remembered so I'll throw that in at the end). It's only in After Effects that the audio just disappears. This never happened before and as far as I know I didn't change any setting between the last time I used it and now.

The problem I'm having the Sony Vegas is that whenever I put in clip into it, the clip doubles. One half of it is the clip with sound then the second half of the clip is the same thing repeated but with no sound. It's not that big of an issue since I have to crop the size of the clip anyway but it's just an inconvenience that I want to get rid of.
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
RBR321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2012, 08:24 PM #2
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Audio in AfterEffects only works once the clip has been played through with RAM preview. Have you tried that?

I don't know jack about Vegas, I use FCP. Are you using a different workflow than normal? Consistent file names, types etc?
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:29 PM #3
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast kid View Post
Audio in AfterEffects only works once the clip has been played through with RAM preview. Have you tried that?

you can also hold (I'm pretty sure it's) Option, and scrub through the audio within the timeline (if there is any audio). And Idk if you're rendering out the video and then there's no audio, but you have to check the audio box in AE or you won't render any audio out.
PMR Frame/Board F/s
ProtoBaller1991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:29 PM #4
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast kid View Post

I don't know jack about Vegas, I use FCP. Are you using a different workflow than normal? Consistent file names, types etc?
RAM preview worked fine and there was sound. Now it's just post rendering that the videos don't have sound. As far as Vegas goes, I haven't touched anything regarding it's settings.
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
Old 11-24-2012, 12:05 PM #5
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR321 View Post
Now it's just post rendering that the videos don't have sound.
you have to make sure you're actually rendering out the audio.

PMR Frame/Board F/s
Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 PM #6
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

Well the Vegas problem apparently resolved itself.

I rendered out one video in After Effects with sound but I tried another video after that and it wouldn't play with sound in RAM preview and it didn't render with audio so idunno
'MURICA
Old 11-27-2012, 09:58 AM #7
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

Quote:

I rendered out one video in After Effects with sound but I tried another video after that and it wouldn't play with sound in RAM preview and it didn't render with audio so idunno
looks like your adobe done broke'd

if you use after effects, check out autodesk smoke.
PMR Frame/Board F/s
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 AM #8
Bluewolf
ǝıd

Quote:

Is your audio channel enabled?

Old 11-27-2012, 06:23 PM #9
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Also are you using aftereffects compatible audio files?
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 PM #10
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

Well both issues seem to resolve themselves somehow. After Effects just started working with all three videos I tried in it. Some guy from Texas was staying in NY for a while and was at the skatepark when he asked me to film a quick thing for him to show his friends back home. Nothing special at all on the editing side but I just threw this together for him. Everything came out fine apart from me not being too thrilled by my camera's low light abilities even though my last camera didn't even record in HD. I'll get myself a DSLR eventually but for now this is doing fine. Hopefully it looks really nice outdoors with a polarizer on it so I can stop nitpicking about quality.

'MURICA