PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-25-2012, 11:40 AM #22
HarryBalzak

HarryBalzak is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedun View Post
Here is how a spyder operates: Bolt is attached to the hammer with a pin, a spring drives the hammer forward and hits the valve at the same time the bolt travels forward with the hammer and loads a ball. Once the hammer and bolt are in the forward position air is released from the valve and shoots the ball and re-cocks the gun.

Any stacked tube poppit valve works like this: Bolt is attached to the rammer (hammer) with a pin, air from the selinoid drives the hammer forward and hits the valve at the same time the bolt travels forward with the rammer and loads a ball. Once the rammer and bolt are in the forward position air is released from the valve and shoots the ball. Air from the selinoid resets the rammer.

I'm not saying they are not good markers and the selinoid/rammer set-up does allow them to shoot faster and be more reliable.

However as far as the way they deliver the ball down field it is the exact same.
This is kind of like saying a Mercedes is like an AMC Gremlin
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2012, 01:46 PM #23
carolinaragetc

has been a member for 10 years
carolinaragetc plays in the PSP
carolinaragetc plays in the APPA D3 division
Can't compare a trigger sear/hammer setup to a solenoid/hammer setup...
It's like saying a SLG and DM are the same
carolinaragetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:22 PM #24
coochiehead444

WTB 05/06 XSV EGO, PL EGO'S LOOK ALSO
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...468&highlight=
coochiehead444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:23 PM #25
coochiehead444

Talking to the first guy,others either didn't want to sell or are not looking for droids, thanks though
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventvisor View Post
I prolly won't be back here. But I get a kick on how you say the "going rate of". Saying g6r is 500$ish. Which a stock one is roughly. But "your" gun is worth 400$. To anyone but a macdev lover your gun is lucky to hit the 300$ mark. Especially in a trade where your upgrading to a newer gun. Pbn is assbackwards the last couple of years. Just a little rant from a trader. But you should sell your droid for the 400$ it's worth. If you can. Thab just add the cash an start lowballing people.
Thanks for the input, us Macdev owners know there under valued!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBalzak View Post
This is kind of like saying a Mercedes is like an AMC Gremlin
Were getting off topic here..

WTB 05/06 XSV EGO, PL EGO'S LOOK ALSO
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...468&highlight=
coochiehead444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 AM #26
quailman187
Bingo 1

quailman187 posts videos on PbNation
quailman187 is an NCPA National Champion
quailman187 plays in the APPA D4 division
I think you should trade for my cyborg

http://www.ubpaintball.com/

http://www.dirtnapswag.com/#!
quailman187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:14 AM #27
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Some people are closer here than others, but droids are about $300-350 used and the G6R goes for around $500 so that's why I suggested $150 is fair. Obviously if the G6R is heavily upgraded or in awesome shape then you'll need to add a little more.

As for the timmy being a glorified spyder... theoretically you may be right to the extent that they both use a hammer, poppet and bolt, but the similarities end there. The spyder is is sear tripped (or clapper solenoid), mechanical, high pressure gun. Timmys, egos, cyborgs, angels (though 3 tube they operate similarly), aka vikings, aliens and a ton of other high end guns use a hammer, poppet and bolt in a slightly different configuration. It is efficient and reliable (unlike a spyder).
Old 11-26-2012, 09:23 AM #28
johnk99gm6
MASS HOLE

johnk99gm6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
johnk99gm6 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Some people are closer here than others, but droids are about $300-350 used and the G6R goes for around $500 so that's why I suggested $150 is fair. Obviously if the G6R is heavily upgraded or in awesome shape then you'll need to add a little more.

As for the timmy being a glorified spyder... theoretically you may be right to the extent that they both use a hammer, poppet and bolt, but the similarities end there. The spyder is is sear tripped (or clapper solenoid), mechanical, high pressure gun. Timmys, egos, cyborgs, angels (though 3 tube they operate similarly), aka vikings, aliens and a ton of other high end guns use a hammer, poppet and bolt in a slightly different configuration. It is efficient and reliable (unlike a spyder).
Thank you for having a brain sir!
johnk99gm6 is offline   Reply With Quote