Originally Posted by texaspaintballcowboy
ok , so i have an old omi tracer and Im lookin to make some improvements .
1. it shoots way too hard , im not sure if it has the adjustable bolt , and i think the spring is too stiff . ive heard i can use a phantom spring . my question is which spring do i use ?
2. as far as orings and seals , what size do i use ?
3 . id like to do a bottomline on it . ive heard Id have to change out the stock grip frame for a phantom 45 grip . what parts do you need to run a constant air line from the rear of the gun to the asa ?
could i use a bottomline kit for the empire tracer ?
BTW, ACI Maverick is the same gun as the PMI Trracer, I'll be switching the names back and forth.
1. If your gun has an adjustable bolt, take your gun apart and look at the back of the bolt. An adjustable bolt should have a copper colored back like mines on the left. That's the adjustable part. As you can see in the picture, the left bolt is the adjustable one and the right bolt is not an adjustable one. As for springs, I believe cocker spring kit works with the Trracer.
2. I am not quite sure if anyone is selling these o-rings anymore, nor and I sure what size they are. I recommend you scout for another Trracer or Maverick for spare parts, preferably a good condition one.
3. Yes, if you look at my sig, my Maverick has the Phantom 45 grip on there.
I would recommend that because it is the easiest way. But if you do not want that, you need to get a:
Euro Grip ASA
Or Lonestar ASA
Here is the difference:
Both of them will fit the gun's euro grip. The long screw is the key part, so when you get it make sure you have that screw.
Basically, your bottomline will look like this:
This place: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Concepts...em4abd5b 5142
is still selling them. Get them while they last (credits go to need4reebs on MCB).
Hope this helps!