Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 01:48 AM #1
alee18
HK for Hello Kitty
 
alee18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AZ
alee18 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Should I sell Ego 5 as a whole or Part it out?

I have a question for you Ego experts, so I have an 05 Ego in perfect working condition in excellent cosmetic condition 9/10 especially for 2005. It has few aftermarket parts such as CP reg, Starr frame with trigger, Tadau board, Zick Kit, Cure 1 bolt.

Now how much can I sell it for? Or would it make sense to part this marker out to make more money?

The reason why I am asking is because I think the value of this marker as a whole in working condition is about $200, see one recent thread http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3871696 a guy parting out his 2005 Ego the sale volume is added to be over $400.

Would I have a hard time selling my parts on here, perhaps because I dont have any feedback etc?

I would first try to sell the Solenoid assembly with QEVs before I part with anything else to make sure I can sell the most expensive component first.

lmk what you guys think.

Thanks
alee18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2012, 07:58 AM #2
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!
 
petedaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dirty Jerz
petedaddy plays in the APPA D4 division
I would jsut sell it whole. I dont know that it would be worth the all the effort to break it down and deal wit hselling all those items...you may end up not selling all the parts and be stuck with a partial gun...
petedaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 AM #3
peacob
 
 
peacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
^^ Agreed.... The parts needed most often will go quick... then it will be a uphill battle to sell the rest of the parts and you could be sitting on them for months and months.
__________________
LuxeMob
EgoMafia
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:50 AM #4
skitsofraniak
I love strippers.
 
skitsofraniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: VT
skitsofraniak is a Supporting Member
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
your way better off selling a good condition working marker as a whole. like everyone else say's your going to sell a few parts quickly and be sitting on the rest for months. it could take you 6 months to make the 200 you can get selling the gun whole.
__________________
Capital Punishment

Proudly Sponsored by:
Warped Sports, BOLP, P.A.N.S, Central Wave, Traffic Jamz, Joe Darrah Enterprises, Blacksmith Tattoos
Old school feedback
Jon Woodley's HH luxe 2.0!
GEARBAG SALE!
skitsofraniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:12 PM #5
alee18
HK for Hello Kitty
 
alee18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AZ
alee18 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Well how much can I sell this for considering all the parts that are in it and condition?

I have a azodian carbon fiber barrel for it but I want to keep it for the etek 3 I just got. So if I sell this marker as a whole it would be without the barrel unless you guys think I should include the barrel to increase the sale value noticeably.
alee18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:30 PM #6
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by alee18 View Post
I have a question for you Ego experts, so I have an 05 Ego in perfect working condition in excellent cosmetic condition 9/10 especially for 2005. It has few aftermarket parts such as CP reg, Starr frame with trigger, Tadau board, Zick Kit, Cure 1 bolt.

Now how much can I sell it for? Or would it make sense to part this marker out to make more money?

The reason why I am asking is because I think the value of this marker as a whole in working condition is about $200, see one recent thread http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3871696 a guy parting out his 2005 Ego the sale volume is added to be over $400.
I think you are overlooking some details of that guys thread. He parted out pieces from an Ego 05, 06, 07 and 08. Thats parts from 4 markers only totaling up to about $400. Not much of a profit there

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee18 View Post
Well how much can I sell this for considering all the parts that are in it and condition?

I have a azodian carbon fiber barrel for it but I want to keep it for the etek 3 I just got. So if I sell this marker as a whole it would be without the barrel unless you guys think I should include the barrel to increase the sale value noticeably.
You already answered your own question above in your first post. I don't see you getting much more than that to be honest with you. $200 might be the top
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:36 PM #7
alee18
HK for Hello Kitty
 
alee18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AZ
alee18 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
I think you are overlooking some details of that guys thread. He parted out pieces from an Ego 05, 06, 07 and 08. Thats parts from 4 markers only totaling up to about $400. Not much of a profit there



You already answered your own question above in your first post. I don't see you getting much more than that to be honest with you. $200 might be the top

I added up only the parts that were off an 05 that he sold. Well I know I can get like 120 min for the solenoid and 70 for the zick kit because they are almost impossible to find. Then im sure there are other parts that will fly out fast to break that $200, am I wrong here?

I understand that I will not sell 100% of all the parts, however, Im thinking even selling a half of them would already bring in more money than selling it as a whole. I asked for your guys opinion on the value just to make sure that $200 is tops for this one.
alee18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:20 PM #8
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated
 
smokefools66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: KANSAS
smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by alee18 View Post
I added up only the parts that were off an 05 that he sold. Well I know I can get like 120 min for the solenoid and 70 for the zick kit because they are almost impossible to find. Then im sure there are other parts that will fly out fast to break that $200, am I wrong here?

I understand that I will not sell 100% of all the parts, however, Im thinking even selling a half of them would already bring in more money than selling it as a whole. I asked for your guys opinion on the value just to make sure that $200 is tops for this one.
I doubt you will get $120 for the noid, as they sold the rear sections for 130 new and that's all people need most of the time. Also they never made a "zick" kit for the 05/06 Ego but there was a Warped Sportz T.I. Rammer that had mixed results usually causing inconsistency problems due to it being to light. Now if you are talking about the Violent SE kit that might be worth a decent amount since they are next to impossible to find, but $70 I doubt it. Parting it might not be a bad idea, but as others said it might take a minute and you will more then likely be stuck with parts unless you just sold all the misc parts together as a cheap package deal. Also remember you will be spending more money on shipping and fees if you do Paypal. Also good luck getting anyone to ship first with no feedback and being a brand new member.
smokefools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:41 PM #9
skitsofraniak
I love strippers.
 
skitsofraniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: VT
skitsofraniak is a Supporting Member
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ill trade you a naughty dogs freestyle pro for it
__________________
Capital Punishment

Proudly Sponsored by:
Warped Sports, BOLP, P.A.N.S, Central Wave, Traffic Jamz, Joe Darrah Enterprises, Blacksmith Tattoos
Old school feedback
Jon Woodley's HH luxe 2.0!
GEARBAG SALE!
skitsofraniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:50 PM #10
alee18
HK for Hello Kitty
 
alee18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AZ
alee18 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokefools66 View Post
I doubt you will get $120 for the noid, as they sold the rear sections for 130 new and that's all people need most of the time. Also they never made a "zick" kit for the 05/06 Ego but there was a Warped Sportz T.I. Rammer that had mixed results usually causing inconsistency problems due to it being to light. Now if you are talking about the Violent SE kit that might be worth a decent amount since they are next to impossible to find, but $70 I doubt it. Parting it might not be a bad idea, but as others said it might take a minute and you will more then likely be stuck with parts unless you just sold all the misc parts together as a cheap package deal. Also remember you will be spending more money on shipping and fees if you do Paypal. Also good luck getting anyone to ship first with no feedback and being a brand new member.
It is Violent SE kit. Yeah many things to consider. I guess well see if the noids sell first. Otherwise, I will be keeping the marker.

How much can I get a stock rammer and cap for to replace it with "zick kit"?
alee18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:53 PM #11
alee18
HK for Hello Kitty
 
alee18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AZ
alee18 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I understand that Im new to this board. However, I have 100 Feedback on Ebay and if the members want to cover the extra fees I can sell it through Ebay.
alee18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:58 PM #12
skitsofraniak
I love strippers.
 
skitsofraniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: VT
skitsofraniak is a Supporting Member
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ebay feedback doesn't matter on here. 99% of the people on here won't look at it. Back when I first became a member on here they did the feedback system differently than they do, it's in my sig. A lot of members on here now won't even look at that. Not trying to discourage you from dealing on this forum, I enjoy buying/selling things here more than anywhere else but, you are going to have a very very hard time getting anyone to ship first unless you build up your rep. yes, it sucks but it's how it is.
__________________
Capital Punishment

Proudly Sponsored by:
Warped Sports, BOLP, P.A.N.S, Central Wave, Traffic Jamz, Joe Darrah Enterprises, Blacksmith Tattoos
Old school feedback
Jon Woodley's HH luxe 2.0!
GEARBAG SALE!
skitsofraniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:10 PM #13
alee18
HK for Hello Kitty
 
alee18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AZ
alee18 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Yeah I could see why someone wouldnt want to ship something to me first, but buying is a bit different since there is also paypal protection. If any of you are firearm owners, you can check my feedback on ar15.com only 5 positive feedbacks, but I been on there for few years. And some other forums as well.
alee18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:15 PM #14
skitsofraniak
I love strippers.
 
skitsofraniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: VT
skitsofraniak is a Supporting Member
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You're right, buying is a bit different in some cases. Most people on here will paypal you money first. With that being said, being a new member with no feedback, NOT everyone will. If they don't I do not recommend referring them to ebay, ar15.com, or any other sites to check your feedback. personally, it annoys me and doesn't make me trust you anymore. With however you decide to sell this gun, check the WTB forums, you can often find people in there looking for parts for older guns. Do you have any pics of this ego? this thread is kind of making me miss my 05 and my 06 dark!
__________________
Capital Punishment

Proudly Sponsored by:
Warped Sports, BOLP, P.A.N.S, Central Wave, Traffic Jamz, Joe Darrah Enterprises, Blacksmith Tattoos
Old school feedback
Jon Woodley's HH luxe 2.0!
GEARBAG SALE!
skitsofraniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:41 PM #15
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated
 
smokefools66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: KANSAS
smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Empire
Most of the time people in the wtb threads aren't willing to pay a good price.. Also 06 Darks are where it's at! I've had mine for almost 5 years now and it's still going strong!
smokefools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump