Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-01-2017, 06:38 PM #1
ry_goody

has been a member for 10 years
Every field should have a stock class only day.

I was thinking that if every field had a stock class only day. It would probably bring a lot more people to the sport.

Upfront cost of buying competitive stock class is cheaper. Cost to play is cheaper. Playing stock class is a lot less intimidating than play with all the electro speed ballers.

I see this scramble in the industry to figure out how to get more players in the sport. Cheaper electro guns, 50 caliber, Planet Eclipse making all those documentaries. Really I think all those are just stupidly over-thought and over-engineered solutions. The solution is obvious, do it the same way paintball initially got popular. Start people in stock class. It's way cheaper and way less intimidating.

I think if every field nation wide did something along the lines of agreeing that every last Sunday of a month is stock class only. This would probably create an opportunity so much more inviting to new players than any other thing could. The loss in paint sales on that one day would be probably radically made up for by the influx of new players.

Last edited by ry_goody : 01-01-2017 at 06:42 PM.
ry_goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2017, 11:31 PM #2
JAllen7287
This IS my serious face

JAllen7287 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JAllen7287 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree whole heartedly! At least have dedicated stock class groups. Even mechanical only days, or groups.
JAllen7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:44 PM #3
SilentSam

is playing at Dead Legends
SilentSam owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
SilentSam supports DLX Technology
SilentSam supports Ninja Paintball
First you will have to define "Stock Class". Technically it is a pump marker running 12 gram CO2 and a horizontal 10 round tube. How many have you seen? It wouldn't be financially feasible for most fields. Mechanical only days would be more feasible because you can add all pumps, and most mag feds to the mix as well as the GOG eNMy, mechanical spyder clones, and many Tippmanns.
SilentSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:56 PM #4
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 is Legendary
Intern1 supports Ninja Paintball
Intern1 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSam View Post
First you will have to define "Stock Class". Technically it is a pump marker running 12 gram CO2 and a horizontal 10 round tube. How many have you seen? It wouldn't be financially feasible for most fields. Mechanical only days would be more feasible because you can add all pumps, and most mag feds to the mix as well as the GOG eNMy, mechanical spyder clones, and many Tippmanns.
I agree. Or instead of mech only just have pump only, so that way it wouldn't matter what gun you had. Hell you can do renters mech only, and people with their own equipment pump only. That way fields wouldn't have to buy new equipment or anything.
Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:45 AM #5
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
I think if every field nation wide did something along the lines of agreeing that every last Sunday of a month is stock class only. This would probably create an opportunity so much more inviting to new players than any other thing could. The loss in paint sales on that one day would be probably radically made up for by the influx of new players.
I play only with modified stock class gear and I am a field owner. You idea won't work to attract new players. People want to play when THEy want to play, not when a field owner wants them to play. Most aren't going to wait for the one day that you happen to have stock class play. Also, people that don't know much about paintball, given a choice, will choose the field where the equipment is easier to use (semi-auto) and they can pretend they are Rambo or the like.

Don't get me wrong, personally I love stock class and pump play and feel that the paintball industry would probably be in better shape if semi autos had never been invented, but your idea still won't work.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:38 PM #6
Kable
Sheepdog

Kable owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Kable has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Kable has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Kable supports Ninja Paintball
At the field I used to ref at they had specific rental packages that had pumps in them. Advertised to those who want to shoot less paint to save money and have that "Classic" feel to their game. Worked alright for them.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:03 AM #7
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
some fields have mechanical only, or pump days. But those fields have a VERY large regular base already and the customers asked for it.
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:59 PM #8
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
I was thinking that if every field had a stock class only day. It would probably bring a lot more people to the sport.

Upfront cost of buying competitive stock class is cheaper. Cost to play is cheaper. Playing stock class is a lot less intimidating than play with all the electro speed ballers.

I see this scramble in the industry to figure out how to get more players in the sport. Cheaper electro guns, 50 caliber, Planet Eclipse making all those documentaries. Really I think all those are just stupidly over-thought and over-engineered solutions. The solution is obvious, do it the same way paintball initially got popular. Start people in stock class. It's way cheaper and way less intimidating.

I have a secret plan that will convert players to so-called "stock" in a way that field owners agree with. But I have to keep it secret until it becomes successful.

Last edited by Pittsburgh Stinkbugs : 01-25-2017 at 04:33 PM.
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote