PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-07-2012, 02:02 AM #1
Outlaw Torn

Outlaw Torn has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Outlaw Torn has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sniper love?

Not many people on here using the sniper, are there? I see most of the threads are about the axe or mini.
Not that I have anything against the axe, I bought one that's ended up becoming my wife's marker, and she's really happy with it.
Outlaw Torn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2012, 06:15 AM #2
Blak Katalyst
CT Effect

Blak Katalyst has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Blak Katalyst supports Empire
I think its because there isn't much that can go wrong with snipers. I had one for a while and never once had an issue or inquiry.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:43 PM #3
wonderchicken

I love my Sniper. I have an Axe and a Sniper. I started playing pump with an Azodin KP I picked up in the BST forum. After playing with that a few times, I purchased a used Empire Sniper on the forum as well. Ended up selling my 2 Lurker barrels and my KP b/c the Sniper came with a barrel kit that works well. I would have liked to keep the Eigenbarrels, but I have the deadly winds barrel bag, and that has to accommodate barrels for my wife's markers and mine as well. My friend uses the Lurker barrels with his Azodin KP.

Definitely no regrets in purchasing and playing with the Sniper. I feel its money well invested. I think there aren't that many Sniper users compared to Axe users, and the forum reflects that.

Also...pretty awesome that you and your wife play. My wife uses a DP G4 that she loves. She thinks my Axe is too heavy. Glad that your wife digs the Axe.
wonderchicken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:57 PM #4
Dragon235

Dragon235 plays in the PSP
Dragon235 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Dragon235 plays in the APPA beginner division
Dragon235 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Katalyst View Post
I think its because there isn't much that can go wrong with snipers. I had one for a while and never once had an issue or inquiry.
^ I'm thinking thats it there, although the point that axe/mini users outnumber us is also very valid. Plus, the pump forum is another valid place to post, so sniper owners are spread out a bit more.

Pull N C*ck Pump Paintball Team
Dragon235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:12 PM #5
wonderchicken

^^ True that.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:19 PM #6
minimag03

has been a member for 10 years
minimag03 is an NCPA player
I think it has more to do with how few Sniper owners are out there. CCM pumps offer a greater value for the money, and I'm sure the Sniper didn't steal much business from them as all. The Sniper is a nice pump but not $400+ nice. I'm not sure about you guys, but I haven't seen many Snipers being used, especially when compared to CCMs, Minis, and Axes.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:42 PM #7
wonderchicken

I'm from a small city with a population of at most 180k, so we don't have many paintball players here. I've only seen 1 CCM, and I'm the only one with the Sniper. Surprisingly, there are like 3-4 Azodin KPs that are used around here. I see a whole lot more Axes and Minis. I don't think $420 is a bad price to pay for all that you get with the pump as well, since it comes with a barrel kit and a stock feed adapter. It's even more economical when you can buy it used for less than $350.

I think for pump players that don't have the money to throw down on a CCM, buying a Sniper would be a good option. Or you can go old school and make your own cocker sniper for cheaper.

Bottom line, playing pump is awesome, no matter what you play with. It's always good to see new players trying out a new play style.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM #8
Ninja1058
bucking fitch

Ninja1058 helped look for balloons
Ninja1058 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ninja1058 supports Team VICIOUS
Ninja1058 plays in the APPA D4 division
for the price of a new empire sniper, you can practically build any sniper II's for half of the price and it'll shoot just as good. even phantoms can be had for way cheaper
Ninja1058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:02 PM #9
Dragon235

Dragon235 plays in the PSP
Dragon235 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Dragon235 plays in the APPA beginner division
Dragon235 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm going to disagree with the "bang for your buck" sniper vs CCM. The 350 I spent (for a new one, used you can find cheaper) was great; until then I only had an A5. This gave me a basic starter barrel kit and a nice pump with autotrigger. A CCM will blow the sniper out of the water overall, but not in the "more for your money" category. I agree the sniper probably didn't steal much business, but pulled together their own market at a more mid-end range. Seeing as how I wasn't ready to build my own, there was nothing better.

Pull N C*ck Pump Paintball Team
Dragon235 is offline   Reply With Quote