The Wigglestick
I'm ya huckleberry...

The Wigglestick plays in the PSP
The Wigglestick owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The Wigglestick posts videos on PbNation
The Wigglestick plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOi84 View Post
Omfg.... I suggest you go make a new account name right now because everyone that read what you posted is going to believe for the rest of their lives that you are mentally challenged...

D4 players can shoot their gun in the direction of where they THINK they want or they THINK they need the paint... They do not do that every time, because if they did they would have 100% kill ratio off the break, and if that was the case they would be a better lanner off the break then the best in the game... AND IF THAT WAS THE CASE then a pro team would pick the up instantly and teach them how to snap shoot and move and read paint and all the other things.

Also the "space between paint" that you are referring to does not exist... People don't get thru lanes because of "space" they get thru because the other player MISSED. They either stopped shooting, aimed poorly, had to load. Its not that people are fast enough and skinny enough to magically dive between paintballs you moron...I honestly cannot believe I just wasted my time typing all of this to try and teach some ignorant stubborn twat like yourself...
you didn't didn't pay enough attention in physics. and you're entirely too hung up on the ranking. i've been playing steady since the late 90's and this past season was my first competetive speedball year. i earned 200 points my first season. how many did you earn your first? and i had to highlight the entire paragraph there because its was so ****ing stupid. apparently you've never noticed the spread of paintballs at 170 feet, regardless of a player's gun or rank. no one can put them EXACTLY where they want, its ****ing impossible you troglodyte.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:07 PM #107
Andocommando
Honey Badger don't care

has been a member for 10 years
Andocommando plays in the PSP
Andocommando plays in the APPA D3 division
I earned 400 and some change

www.facebook.com/paintballarkansas
Andocommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:16 PM #108
11shooter

Annual Supporting Member
11shooter plays in the PSP
11shooter plays in the APPA D3 division
11shooter supports Empire
what does the point system have anything to do with this. i picked a player with no points this year and in 4 events his closed to 500 allready.i also have one player that never plays but pits for us, hes closed to 500 points also without shooting one ball, he just pays for ids as a player instead of staff.

2012 PSP WORLD CUP- 1st place
2013 CFPS EVENT 1- 5th place
2013 CFPS EVENT 2- 3rd place
2013 CHICAGO OPEN- 5th place
2013 PSP WORLD CUP- 1st place
11shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:27 PM #109
Spazdoc

Annual Supporting Member
Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc supports our troops
Spazdoc plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOi84 View Post
Omfg.... I suggest you go make a new account name right now because everyone that read what you posted is going to believe for the rest of their lives that you are mentally challenged...

D4 players can shoot their gun in the direction of where they THINK they want or they THINK they need the paint... They do not do that every time, because if they did they would have 100% kill ratio off the break, and if that was the case they would be a better lanner off the break then the best in the game... AND IF THAT WAS THE CASE then a pro team would pick the up instantly and teach them how to snap shoot and move and read paint and all the other things.
Not to poke fun at the retarded, but this post made me laugh. Thanks Eddie.

Higher level players (D2, D1, pro) can shot the lane more effectively, regardless of position. Heck, I am sure many D1 'front' players can set up a lane off the break better than many D4 'back' players, in addition to better reaction speed and ability to respond to oncoming paint. Although rank is not the end-all of paintball knowledge, it is a gross estimate of credibility. Mind you, there are many very knowledgable unranked players, and clueless players with 1000+ points, but this is not the rule.

I agree that the field needed more bunkers, since IMHO it seems like the number of stalemated and low-scoring games has been increasing over the past coupe years. Heck, I tend to play back and like this idea, although this will reduce the big lanes I have to shoot off of break.

Are we to assume that the added bunkers are Aztecs, or is this still pending?

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:32 PM #110
sstiggy

sstiggy supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc

Not to poke fun at the retarded, but this post made me laugh. Thanks Eddie.

Higher level players (D2, D1, pro) can shot the lane more effectively, regardless of position. Heck, I am sure many D1 'front' players can set up a lane off the break better than many D4 'back' players, in addition to better reaction speed and ability to respond to oncoming paint. Although rank is not the end-all of paintball knowledge, it is a gross estimate of credibility. Mind you, there are many very knowledgable unranked players, and clueless players with 1000+ points, but this is not the rule.

I agree that the field needed more bunkers, since IMHO it seems like the number of stalemated and low-scoring games has been increasing over the past coupe years. Heck, I tend to play back and like this idea, although this will reduce the big lanes I have to shoot off of break.

Are we to assume that the added bunkers are Aztecs, or is this still pending?
Still no mention yet of which bunkers they will be
sstiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:41 PM #111
PBSAM126
SAM

PBSAM126 supports Team VICIOUS
u def need to add at least a couple more bunkers.....games were pretty slow for xball this year in my opinion
ALL SUMMER LONG 4PM - 9PM

Like Midwest Outlaws Paintball Page on Facebook!
PBSAM126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:30 PM #112
Tim@Kick'n
Kick'n Paintball Park

Tim@Kick'n plays in the PSP
Tim@Kick'n plays in the APPA D1 division
O just make it the 150 length again. Then my indoor will be regulation size again.

In all reality I dont care. Ill do whatever.
GI SPORTZ--AC402.COM--GI VISION--EXALT--V FORCE--PLANET ECLIPSE
KICKNPAINTBALLPARK.COM
Tim@Kick'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:37 PM #113
NYEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4intb4ll View Post
If they were clear enough to see through you could hide all day until you saw someone move. It would also be hard as hell to bunker anyone, unless you're playing Helen Keller.
LMFAO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMA View Post
TBH, I read the original post as: "We can't think of interesting new bunker shapes or other changes, but we still need to justify selling upgrade kits this year so we added more props."

Not trying to hate, but that's what it's really about...
But you are hating Kev!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJjesters4 View Post
It's great to see that speeding the game up is a priority. How come shortening the field again isn't ever seriously looked at. It would cost fields nothing.

Best idea yet to improve the game!!

Thanks Damian for your ideas and seeking input. I have been playing since PSP/NPPL cup was at Larry King's Paintballworld field in the palmettos. The mini races are better than the mini-X's but there are some shapes that seem prone to leakage, not good for field owners. I agree adding extra bunkers would help survivability off the break but it doesn't help the laners! BTW Wigglestick please don't do it to yourself; if laning was easy everyone would be able to do it!! Try at your home filed and record the statistics, even with tourney-grade paint the odds aren't that good that you'll get kills of the break at D4/5 level.
NYEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:01 PM #114
venom1256
Scrooge McDuck

venom1256 plays in the PSP
venom1256 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
venom1256 is an NCPA player
venom1256 plays in the APPA D3 division
So the people who care about changing the field more to reduce paint costs for players constantly have those same players buy more bunkers each year? Nice logic sup air.
venom1256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:05 PM #115
swanton23
ASCENSION

swanton23 is BST Trusted
swanton23 plays in the PSP
swanton23 plays in the APPA D4 division
swanton23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
regardless of the new bunkers or not, means we need to step it up to adjust to what is being done. im basically rolling with the punches. whatever they do, my team and myself will have to adjust and strategize differently

ASCENSION
swanton23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:41 PM #116
_Slightly Stoopid_
NPPL/APL Pro Player

_Slightly Stoopid_ plays in the PSP
_Slightly Stoopid_ is an NCPA player
_Slightly Stoopid_ plays in the APPA D3 division
another bullsh*t reason to buy another "UPGRADE" kit and make all fields that support psp teams/practices spend money... just like last year when we got stuck with all those changes that were supposed to totally fix all the *****ing about teams being slow, old and fat and the SPORT not being fair for being geared torwards ppl in shape who might actually be considered athletes oh and that gave us that piece of sh*t snake... now they ***** about the game being too slow...

yeah sure this isnt nearly as radical of a change as compared to all the stupid rof rule changes and score limit changes etc that have happend every year since they murdered and killed xball but at least those changes didnt cost fields/teams and ultimatly the players money....

k thats my rant now real talk....

can we not have one year with out players/teams being FORCED to adjust to rule/format changes??!?!?!
stop making changes and trying to fix things every season and let players adjust to changes from the yr b4...
.@.
!!DYE NT SUPERSALE!! Sponsered by MintPal.com

Last edited by _Slightly Stoopid_ : 12-05-2012 at 09:31 PM.
_Slightly Stoopid_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:04 PM #117
MwKiddd

MwKiddd plays in the PSP
MwKiddd plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wigglestick View Post
you didn't didn't pay enough attention in physics. and you're entirely too hung up on the ranking. i've been playing steady since the late 90's and this past season was my first competetive speedball year. i earned 200 points my first season. how many did you earn your first? and i had to highlight the entire paragraph there because its was so ****ing stupid. apparently you've never noticed the spread of paintballs at 170 feet, regardless of a player's gun or rank. no one can put them EXACTLY where they want, its ****ing impossible you troglodyte.
I wouldn't be bragging about earning those TWO HUNDRED points....
MwKiddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:42 PM #118
Cory688

Cory688 is a Supporting Member
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
I think D side coaching should be brought back to increase the speed of the game.

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black

Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 PM #119
fireisland
-NJJ-

fireisland plays in the PSP
fireisland posts videos on PbNation
fireisland plays in the APPA D1 division
fireisland is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory688 View Post
I think D side coaching should be brought back to increase the speed of the game.
yes lets make it impossible to bunker people again

KONG-KER MEDIA
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsZpnwjGILIqoV6531cZOsg
fireisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:28 PM #120
Cory688

Cory688 is a Supporting Member
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
Exactly. I hate getting bunkered. That's why I haven't played a PSP since they took d side coaching away.

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black

Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 PM #121
Bunkrking789563
•MW•

Bunkrking789563 plays in the PSP
Bunkrking789563 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireisland View Post
yes lets make it impossible to bunker people again
hahaha
Bunkrking789563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:29 AM #122
TAGyourIT716
Dirty Pee Pants

TAGyourIT716 plays in the PSP
TAGyourIT716 is an NCPA player
TAGyourIT716 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory688 View Post
I actually think they should take ALL coaching away. Make it up to the team to be responsible for opponent location and kill count. This would allow for more dynamic and creative moves instead of having a player be afraid to try something because he knows the opposite teams coach is right there ready to call him out on it.
Southern Maryland Mayhem #10
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3616477

UMD Paintball #20
FEAR the TREVIS
TAGyourIT716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:09 AM #123
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

CombatOi84 plays in the PSP
CombatOi84 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAGyourIT716 View Post
I actually think they should take ALL coaching away. Make it up to the team to be responsible for opponent location and kill count. This would allow for more dynamic and creative moves instead of having a player be afraid to try something because he knows the opposite teams coach is right there ready to call him out on it.
Go play NPPL then... Those games are really fast paced.. lol
Old 12-05-2012, 09:21 AM #124
rnubby69
I are NUBBY

rnubby69 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
rnubby69 is an NCPA player
rnubby69 plays in the APPA D4 division
Don't mind me, just subscribing to the ****storm.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:09 AM #125
fireisland
-NJJ-

fireisland plays in the PSP
fireisland posts videos on PbNation
fireisland plays in the APPA D1 division
fireisland is Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAGyourIT716 View Post
they tried by moving the spectators back a bit...you cant tell a drunken mob to hold applause till after the point. spectator involvement is important and this is not tennis. I think the snake side is at where it should be.

KONG-KER MEDIA
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsZpnwjGILIqoV6531cZOsg
fireisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:57 PM #126
BeefyBeefyBeefy

BeefyBeefyBeefy plays in the PSP
BeefyBeefyBeefy is an NCPA player
BeefyBeefyBeefy plays in the APPA D2 division
Bring the old dimensions back. Everything slowed down when they were made longer. I haven't played in a while but I almost can't stand to watch the webcast because of how much teams sit back and how boring the points are. Points shouldn't need to last more than 2 minutes honestly. I do realize that most teams are only racing to 5 or 7 which probably contributes to the slowness but that's a different problem. I know this is unrelated to the bunkers, but if you let pro teams duke it out for 40 minutes with a halftime I bet you would see some big moves and fast points.