Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 AM #85
mikerr
MLAT

mikerr plays in the PSP
mikerr owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mikerr plays in the APPA D1 division
THANK YOU for realizing that the games were to long and the teams were shooting to much paint, i think it would help also to make the feilds more heads up and not put the huge cross lanes wear players cant check off the lane or shoot the person shooting the lane in, then you wont have people sitting in bunkers shooting twelve pods on cross lanes
CLP
CPX
mikerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 AM #86
mikerr
MLAT

mikerr plays in the PSP
mikerr owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mikerr plays in the APPA D1 division
which will in turn make it so people can move up faster because they can actually check off and shoot in who is shooting at you
CLP
CPX
mikerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:29 AM #87
The Wigglestick
I'm ya huckleberry...

The Wigglestick plays in the PSP
The Wigglestick owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The Wigglestick posts videos on PbNation
The Wigglestick plays in the APPA D4 division
i don't see the need for change. i make s1 off break 90% of the time.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:39 AM #88
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Splat7 supports Team VICIOUS
Splat7 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wigglestick View Post
i don't see the need for change. i make s1 off break 90% of the time.
no offense... but thats not how it works in the higher divisions. I personally hate how of the possibility of adding more bunkers. Getting into snake seems to no longer be a matter of how good you are at gun fighting, but simply just speed. I believe being fast is important, but I don't think getting to s1 should take at least a little bit more skill than just speed

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

2011 CFPS Series Champions D4X
2012 CFPS Series Champions D4X
Splat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:19 PM #89
AdrenalineGames

Annual Supporting Member
AdrenalineGames works for a Paintball manufacturer
AdrenalineGames has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AdrenalineGames has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbstar1792 View Post
Can you put up a layout that would show this? Im interested to see how you plan on changing things.
I say bring back the old dimensions.
I'll post a few layouts within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully players then will get a better idea of what can be done.

I've expressed my will to reach out to others for field layout designs. Some people I know have great knowledge and ideas. Though the final design has to be mine, for secrecy/fairness purposes, multiple points of view will help.
Hopefully we can get something together really soon.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 PM #90
The Wigglestick
I'm ya huckleberry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat7 View Post
no offense... but thats not how it works in the higher divisions. I personally hate how of the possibility of adding more bunkers. Getting into snake seems to no longer be a matter of how good you are at gun fighting, but simply just speed. I believe being fast is important, but I don't [do?] think getting to s1 should take at least a little bit more skill than just speed
i played d4/5 (they combine it) in the epl and unless you're talking about d2 and up, making s1 off break is physics. your speed combined with the number of guns on your lane determines whether or not you survive. are you implying that the higher divisions choose to put more guns on snake off the break? or their guns shoot da paintballs more straighter?
Old 11-26-2012, 04:48 PM #91
631_Apathy
Dehh

631_Apathy plays in the APPA D5 division
631_Apathy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
631_Apathy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
i played d4/5 (they combine it) in the epl and unless you're talking about d2 and up, making s1 off break is physics. your speed combined with the number of guns on your lane determines whether or not you survive. are you implying that the higher divisions choose to put more guns on snake off the break? or their guns shoot da paintballs more straighter?
He is saying the better players produce better lanes. IF your D4/5 back player could lane snake as good as a D1 player he wouldn't be playing D4 would he. Obviously there are other things that make a good D1 back player but if you think you can lane as well as the upper divisions you are wrong.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:38 AM #92
The Wigglestick
I'm ya huckleberry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 631_Apathy View Post
He is saying the better players produce better lanes. IF your D4/5 back player could lane snake as good as a D1 player he wouldn't be playing D4 would he. Obviously there are other things that make a good D1 back player but if you think you can lane as well as the upper divisions you are wrong.
better lanes? the horn blows, gun up and shoot a stream of paint. and i don't even think that d1 "back" players should be called that. they might be put in the back position, but most d1 and up are so versatile that they could jump into the snake at a moments notice. laning a straight stream is easy, choosing when to shoot or not shoot is where the skill comes in.

the first 5 seconds of a game is a seperate entity than the rest of the game. if you play tournament ball you know this.

Last edited by The Wigglestick : 11-27-2012 at 08:41 AM.
The Wigglestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:43 AM #93
KMA

KMA is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
KMA supports DLX Technology
D1 back players on average are better than D4 back players at laning... you'd be crazy to argue otherwise. Trying to oversimplify laning is unrealistic. If it was so easy, why are certain veteran pro players known for their exceptional ability in this area? And that is in comparison to other really good pro back players?
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:51 AM #94
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

CombatOi84 plays in the PSP
CombatOi84 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
better lanes? the horn blows, gun up and shoot a stream of paint. and i don't even think that d1 "back" players should be called that. they might be put in the back position, but most d1 and up are so versatile that they could jump into the snake at a moments notice. laning a straight stream is easy, choosing when to shoot or not shoot is where the skill comes in.

the first 5 seconds of a game is a seperate entity than the rest of the game. if you play tournament ball you know this.

Lanning off the break is a SKILL SET. It is something you learn to be good at... Go ask Travis Lemanski and David Baines if they think that any d4 slob can lane as good as them... They will laugh in your face.

Also if all it is is shooting your gun in a straight line why can't every d4 idiot just carry 15 pods and never stop shooting a zone and never ever ever let anyone move....

You sir are an idiot.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 PM #95
The Wigglestick
I'm ya huckleberry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOi84 View Post

Lanning off the break is a SKILL SET. It is something you learn to be good at... Go ask Travis Lemanski and David Baines if they think that any d4 slob can lane as good as them... They will laugh in your face.

Also if all it is is shooting your gun in a straight line why can't every d4 idiot just carry 15 pods and never stop shooting a zone and never ever ever let anyone move....

You sir are an idiot.
if you think choosing where you want the paint to go off the break is what seperates a pro player from a "d4 slob," then you sir, are the idiot. pro players seperate themselves from the rest of "us" by their actions during the ENTIRE game. almost every player i play with can put the paint where they want it, every time, otb. like i said, the first 5 seconds of the game are not the same as the rest. why do you think before the break we are talking about how high or low the lane should be, how far off the bunker it should be, etc. i think you are forgetting that there is this thing BETWEEN flying paintballs called "space." i can't tell you how many times i've bumped, while being shot at, and made it in. and i've videotaped countless other players doing it. i have the upmost respect for d1-pro caliber players. but i can tell you that i've snapped out, with one ball, and shot a pro player out, in the face, who was posted on me. and it wasn't the first time i've shot him out. pro players are exceptional players, no doubt, but they are still bound by the sames rules that apply to us all. they aren't invincible.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:33 PM #96
igotbanned-ibra5
I ball

igotbanned-ibra5 plays in the PSP
igotbanned-ibra5 posts videos on PbNation
igotbanned-ibra5 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

Not sure if you are serious.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:52 PM #97
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Quote:
if you think choosing where you want the paint to go off the break is what seperates a pro player from a "d4 slob," then you sir, are the idiot. pro players seperate themselves from the rest of "us" by their actions during the ENTIRE game. almost every player i play with can put the paint where they want it, every time, otb. like i said, the first 5 seconds of the game are not the same as the rest. why do you think before the break we are talking about how high or low the lane should be, how far off the bunker it should be, etc. i think you are forgetting that there is this thing BETWEEN flying paintballs called "space." i can't tell you how many times i've bumped, while being shot at, and made it in. and i've videotaped countless other players doing it. i have the upmost respect for d1-pro caliber players. but i can tell you that i've snapped out, with one ball, and shot a pro player out, in the face, who was posted on me. and it wasn't the first time i've shot him out. pro players are exceptional players, no doubt, but they are still bound by the sames rules that apply to us all. they aren't invincible.
And this is why you are playing D4/D5.
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:07 PM #98
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJjesters4 View Post
It's great to see that speeding the game up is a priority. How come shortening the field again isn't ever seriously looked at. It would cost fields nothing.
i bolded the answer to your question.

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:32 PM #99
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
Also really hope the ''upgrade'' kit is all mayans.. that way we dont have to spend more money on more bunkers yet again.. but theyre probably gonna be all mini races since nobody has extras of those.. or snake elbows in the back row... lols...

then again my fat *** would totally try to play a snake elbow in the back row

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:44 PM #100
The Wigglestick
I'm ya huckleberry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhIoCoNtRActKilLa View Post
And this is why you are playing D4/D5.
whatchu playin homey?
Old 11-27-2012, 03:47 PM #101
The Wigglestick
I'm ya huckleberry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotbanned-ibra5 View Post

Not sure if you are serious.
i'll throw another overly used cliche at ya. why so butthurt???
Old 11-27-2012, 06:07 PM #102
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Splat7 supports Team VICIOUS
Splat7 plays in the APPA D3 division
wigglestick you want to know what ball is the most important in a lane? the very first one. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd one, but in most cases if you mess up your first shot you're not going to shoot the lane correctly and you aren't going to get the player out. Anyone can shoot a lane of paint, but to put that lane in the correct place, at the correct height, AND having the very first ball be in that exact place is very difficult to do. I can play against D4 players and it is relatively easy to survive on the break, playing against d2/1 players... its a whole different story, lanes are so much better, so much more consistent, its a completely different game off the break. If you don't believe this, then you haven't played against enough upper divisional teams.

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

2011 CFPS Series Champions D4X
2012 CFPS Series Champions D4X

Last edited by Splat7 : 11-27-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Splat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:17 PM #103
fireisland
New Jersey Jesters

fireisland plays in the PSP
fireisland posts videos on PbNation
fireisland plays in the APPA D1 division
fireisland is Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerr View Post
THANK YOU for realizing that the games were to long and the teams were shooting to much paint, i think it would help also to make the feilds more heads up and not put the huge cross lanes wear players cant check off the lane or shoot the person shooting the lane in, then you wont have people sitting in bunkers shooting twelve pods on cross lanes
word

like at cup the snake side mini a shooting cross to the dside..and the front player can't shoot the guy so mini a just dumps 12 pods in front of d1
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4078045

KONG-KER MEDIA
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsZpnwjGILIqoV6531cZOsg
fireisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:17 PM #104
BIG T25

BIG T25 is an NCPA player
BIG T25 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
BIG T25 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
LOL

TIL D5 players are as good at laning as D1 players
BIG T25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:27 PM #105
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

CombatOi84 plays in the PSP
CombatOi84 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Omfg.... I suggest you go make a new account name right now because everyone that read what you posted is going to believe for the rest of their lives that you are mentally challenged...

D4 players can shoot their gun in the direction of where they THINK they want or they THINK they need the paint... They do not do that every time, because if they did they would have 100% kill ratio off the break, and if that was the case they would be a better lanner off the break then the best in the game... AND IF THAT WAS THE CASE then a pro team would pick the up instantly and teach them how to snap shoot and move and read paint and all the other things.

Also the "space between paint" that you are referring to does not exist... People don't get thru lanes because of "space" they get thru because the other player MISSED. They either stopped shooting, aimed poorly, had to load. Its not that people are fast enough and skinny enough to magically dive between paintballs you moron...

I honestly cannot believe I just wasted my time typing all of this to try and teach some ignorant stubborn twat like yourself...