Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie View Post
PS4 dev kit with the AMD A10:
http://www.complex.com/video-games/2...e-intimidating

Sony dropped the ball with their exclusives, IMO. None have been nearly as popular as they were in the PS2 era. There hasnt been Kingdom Hearts 3, SOCOM was completely destroyed, i dont know anyone with God of War [doesn't mean it isnt great, but its not popular for some reason] and Gran Turismo was released too late and only had awesome graphics on the exotic cars (a huge let down). MGS4 was the reason i bought the PS3 and i dont regret that, but they could use another MGS game.

Some are excellent though; like LBP, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, MGS4 and im sure im missing others..just saying the exclusives arent quite what they used to be. Could very well be my nostalgia goggles though
Don't look at it as what you like as much as what has sold for them. Uncharted, LBP, GT5, Ratchet and Clank, MGS, Killzone, and God of War all sold very, very well. What exclusives Sony lost were made up with new ones.

Interesting about the "leaked" dev kit though. Not saying it isn't true, but it's not verified. Could very well happen. I haven't been keeping up with consoles as of late because I frankly don't care. My PC has taken the overwhelming majority of games I want to play. The last thing I remember is a Sony exec saying they wanted to pursue the CELL processor and maybe add multiple of them in. But I can't think of any reason why they should stick to that.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2012, 03:03 PM #44
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
Awaiting Email Confirmation

i pretty much bought my ps3 just to play killzone. regret it. thinking about giving it to toys for tots or some charity
Fuzzy R. McNuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:41 PM #45
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)

paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Right now the only game I want that is PS3 exclusive is The Last of Us. Whenever that comes out. It looks pretty sweet.
paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:07 PM #46
Promagistrate
such motto

Promagistrate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Promagistrate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate supports DLX Technology
man every body is mad
wat
wat
Promagistrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:08 PM #47
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy R. McNuggs View Post
i pretty much bought my ps3 just to play killzone. regret it. thinking about giving it to toys for tots or some charity
I am a tot in need of toys. Send it to me.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."

Steam - BabyHands
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:06 AM #48
ego0809
Me Gusta

ego0809 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
ego0809 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ego0809 supports Team VICIOUS
ego0809 supports our troops
ego0809 is Legendary
ego0809 supports DLX Technology
is this real?
ego0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:54 AM #49
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

sony really lost alot of ground this generation IMO

the first console I ever owned was the original playstation back in the 90's as a wee lad so I am nostalgic towards them

however I have both a ps3 and a 360, and play the 360 easily 100 times more than my ps3 simply because of the lack of presence that sony has had online

microsoft did a fantastic job streamlining the online experience for buyers so that playing with your friends was a piece of cake (which it ought to be if you pay for it)

I think sony lost out with their strategy of free to play online games, because it seemingly justified their lack of support and accountability towards their online services. "your not paying us so why should we care" kind of attitude

just so many small things that, when added up really degraded their console for me

one thing that also bugged me is the dualshock controller, I know that its nostalgic and awesome that sony has had the same controller since the PS1 but ergonomically it is completely destroyed by a 360 controller, I have literally stopped playing great PS3 games like MGS4 because my hands hurt from how awkward the controller felt to me (again thats just me) I think sony should redesign their controllers to be more ergonomic yet still pay homage to their original controllers to satiate all the fanboys that will whine about the change.

but I do love the ps3 technologically, the fact that it plays 3d blu rays, web browses, and plays games all in one. It just got beat out by the 360 because Microsoft did almost everything right, they made it easy to develop for, secured alot of great 1st party titles early on to keep the console alive, subscription model service with good online presence, and a great controller.

if I had to root for a team it would be team sony, but as a gamer I know which side is winning and Im not gonna deny it or hate about it

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist
Polarst*r Engineering and Machine

Last edited by ElPanda : 12-01-2012 at 11:57 AM.
ElPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:27 PM #50
M98custom1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
Don't look at it as what you like as much as what has sold for them. Uncharted, LBP, GT5, Ratchet and Clank, MGS, Killzone, and God of War all sold very, very well. What exclusives Sony lost were made up with new ones.

Interesting about the "leaked" dev kit though. Not saying it isn't true, but it's not verified. Could very well happen. I haven't been keeping up with consoles as of late because I frankly don't care. My PC has taken the overwhelming majority of games I want to play. The last thing I remember is a Sony exec saying they wanted to pursue the CELL processor and maybe add multiple of them in. But I can't think of any reason why they should stick to that.
Only reason, I brought a PS3 because it was cheaper then most blu ray players at the time.

OLD FEEDBACK

No Custom Milling Without A Deposit
CAD/CAM Engineer
M98custom1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:55 PM #51
OoZoo
Work hard.

OoZoo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OoZoo is for the Gunfight
OoZoo supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfresh View Post
I still have my OG original run xbox360, as well as PS, PS2, Xbox, and n64 all in perfect working order, never understood how people had so many console issues.
Ditto, first gen 360 and it's never rrod'd, froze or had any complication.

People just don't know how to take care of their items lol
Old 12-01-2012, 03:47 PM #52
CyberThug
Playing it Bogart

Annual Supporting Member
CyberThug is a Supporting Member
CyberThug is a founding member
CyberThug is reppin' sidebar 4 life
CyberThug is Legendary
CyberThug is Boss
CyberThug is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by OoZoo

Ditto, first gen 360 and it's never rrod'd, froze or had any complication.

People just don't know how to take care of their items lol
Still using my arcade from 4 years ago. Never an issue. And I use it a lot.
CyberThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:36 PM #53
TheSquirrelMaster
lame salad

First gen 360 red ringed, but the replacement Arcade has been running strong for the past 4 or 5 years.

You have to be a complete water head to have gone through 10 of them.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:44 PM #54
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
So the fact my consoles just sat there in my room, never moved, were never dropped, and it was a smoke free environment makes me a water head? I had several that developed freezing issues before they would red ring. One I think the graphics card actually died on me because audio was played but no visuals. I was sent a new cable but ultimately it was the system that was requested back.
My last one I had about 20-30 hours on before I stopped using it. Went to sell it and it gave me issues before I cleared them up. Sold it to a friends co-worker and two weeks later I got it back to send back to microsoft because that red ringed and it was still registered under my name.

Great games but console wise I had nothing but issues with them to the point I really don't even console game any more. And I know I've missed a lot of great games like Gears of War 3. And for the record my original xbox was a beast with not a single issue. That's why I put up with the 360 for so long before jumping ship.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0

Last edited by Tabris17 : 12-01-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:50 PM #55
Nsimich

Nsimich owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Nsimich has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Nsimich supports DLX Technology
this might be the final product for the Xbox but i doubt it, if we get details at next years e3 we wont be seeing it til at least 2014, i personally think the "720" will be coming out in 2015. but those specs on the "720" are the currently rumored ones so who knows i could be completely wrong.
Nsimich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:32 PM #56
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhIoCoNtRActKilLa View Post
At what point are the console and PC markets going to collide? The Xbox and PS3 platforms are nothing more than private, lower spec'd alternatives. They all do the same thing, essentially.
The market is going towards set top boxes that will be gaming and media devices. There have also been steps towards cross-platform gaming. I'd say if not in the next generation of consoles, then the one after that we'll have complete cross-platform gaming across xbox, playstation, and pc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17 View Post
Will it break like the 360? Srsly... 10 consoles I went through. Still on one Ps3 and a Wii.
I've had my 360 since '09 and haven't had a problem with it. On the flip side, I've had two Wii's, bought both new, and within a year and a half they both gave me an unable to read disc error. Nintendo wanted to charge me $80 to fix it. For that reason, and because I wanted to play sports games that weren't complete garbage, I bought an xbox.

If they made Madden and NCAA football for PC I'd consider switching entirely to that, but for now I'm staying with xbox.
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
SmartyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:47 PM #57
Noble Fortune (Banned)

Had my 360 since '08..not a single problem.
Noble Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:51 PM #58
PMR4LIFE
idk

PMR4LIFE helped look for balloons
PMR4LIFE is reppin' sidebar 4 life
PMR4LIFE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
my 3rd xbox 360 got the red ring literally the day before the 250gb slim came out. perfect timing. haven't had a single problem with the 250gb
Hobbes The Tiger: "Touch ourselves? Experiment with our sexuality? Duct tape DMC to the ceiling? Make PMR burn his Stamkos spank bank? Make demonic look at Kovy pr0nz? Make Burrows live in a house that's under 200k?"
New York Yankees Pittsburgh Steelers Tampa Bay Lightning UCF Knights
:daveface:
PMR4LIFE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:29 PM #59
TheSquirrelMaster
lame salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17 View Post
So the fact my consoles just sat there in my room, never moved, were never dropped, and it was a smoke free environment makes me a water head?

Yes.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:08 PM #60
CyberThug
Playing it Bogart

Annual Supporting Member
CyberThug is a Supporting Member
CyberThug is a founding member
CyberThug is reppin' sidebar 4 life
CyberThug is Legendary
CyberThug is Boss
CyberThug is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17
So the fact my consoles just sat there in my room, never moved, were never dropped, and it was a smoke free environment makes me a water head? I had several that developed freezing issues before they would red ring. One I think the graphics card actually died on me because audio was played but no visuals. I was sent a new cable but ultimately it was the system that was requested back.
My last one I had about 20-30 hours on before I stopped using it. Went to sell it and it gave me issues before I cleared them up. Sold it to a friends co-worker and two weeks later I got it back to send back to microsoft because that red ringed and it was still registered under my name.

Great games but console wise I had nothing but issues with them to the point I really don't even console game any more. And I know I've missed a lot of great games like Gears of War 3. And for the record my original xbox was a beast with not a single issue. That's why I put up with the 360 for so long before jumping ship.
Seems to be luck of the draw with Xbox.

Mine sits in a glass door tv stand with no ventilation. Saw me through over 500 hours in fallout 3 and the same for skyrim and new Vegas. Countless other hours into games and a over 80,000 gamerscore later it's still going strong.

Kinda want it to break so I can get a new slim tho. :/
CyberThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:00 PM #61
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Two Xboxes of mine RROD'd and I fixed them no problem. Fortunately it was the simple thermal paste fix on both but I know there are other more serious malfunctions.

Always took care of them. It was basically the luck of the draw IMO though some people do treat their stuff like garbage.

I think my family has something like 8+ xboxes sitting at our house right now.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Ynnekdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:30 PM #62
evil balla 21
Bay State Rebels

evil balla 21 is BST Legit
evil balla 21 plays in the APPA D5 division
evil balla 21 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
evil balla 21 supports DLX Technology
evil balla 21 supports Empire
Thats new xbox is ugly as sin!! I will just stick with the #1 console...PS3!!!

Bay State Rebels D5
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4015329

My Wish List:

Luxe
Dye Rotor V3
68/4500 Ninja Dura
E-Flex
PE Elbow Pads L/XL
Dye Assault Pack 4+3
evil balla 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:57 PM #63
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
sony really lost alot of ground this generation IMO

the first console I ever owned was the original playstation back in the 90's as a wee lad so I am nostalgic towards them

however I have both a ps3 and a 360, and play the 360 easily 100 times more than my ps3 simply because of the lack of presence that sony has had online

microsoft did a fantastic job streamlining the online experience for buyers so that playing with your friends was a piece of cake (which it ought to be if you pay for it)

I think sony lost out with their strategy of free to play online games, because it seemingly justified their lack of support and accountability towards their online services. "your not paying us so why should we care" kind of attitude

just so many small things that, when added up really degraded their console for me

one thing that also bugged me is the dualshock controller, I know that its nostalgic and awesome that sony has had the same controller since the PS1 but ergonomically it is completely destroyed by a 360 controller, I have literally stopped playing great PS3 games like MGS4 because my hands hurt from how awkward the controller felt to me (again thats just me) I think sony should redesign their controllers to be more ergonomic yet still pay homage to their original controllers to satiate all the fanboys that will whine about the change.

but I do love the ps3 technologically, the fact that it plays 3d blu rays, web browses, and plays games all in one. It just got beat out by the 360 because Microsoft did almost everything right, they made it easy to develop for, secured alot of great 1st party titles early on to keep the console alive, subscription model service with good online presence, and a great controller.

if I had to root for a team it would be team sony, but as a gamer I know which side is winning and Im not gonna deny it or hate about it
What made Sony lose ground boils down to two things:

Games
Price

The price was the main deterrent. $600 for a console? That was unheard of and very unattractive. It took Sony a long time to drive the price down too, as they were losing money for each PS3 sold due to the rush to get Blu-Ray to be the dominant media (at least that worked).

The games is also why Sony didn't do so well. A lot of their exclusives took a long time to come out. GT5, one of their all-time best-selling franchises took years and years and, even then, it was still largely underwhelming, showing signs of rushed production. To further this, Microsoft finally put their money where it should have gone and developed some great IP's for itself. Also, the ease of programming a platform more similar to a PC attracted studios to develop for XBOX and port it over to other platforms to save money while simultaneously being available to more customers. Sony didn't have a problem with programming difficulties because their IP's were so strong back in the PS2 (which was also notoriously hard to develop for). It's this loss and delay of IP's that really hurt them.

Sony's online experience has been mostly comparable to that of Xbox Live. Cross-game voice chat was a hindering factor, but for the most part, it offered everything Live did, albeit a month or so later. But... it was free. It was free and it allowed you to play games with people online. The core function was rock solid. While the online experience may have deterred a few, it wasn't nearly the damage that the price point and the games did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil balla 21 View Post
Thats new xbox is ugly as sin!! I will just stick with the #1 console...PS3!!!
You're retarded. Judge a console on a made-up illustration of what it might look like. That sounds like a great reason to buy something...

---

Why is this RROD discussion even going on? It's proven that as much as 2/3 of the original Xbox's could experience RROD in its lifetime. Microsoft had to put $1 billion of their reserve money in to the Xbox division just to keep their customers by allowing free replacements. They knew the problem existed. Just because you're part of the 1/3 that still has a working Xbox does not mean anyone else did anything wrong. You simply got lucky. That's it.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote