PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-25-2012, 11:56 PM #22
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
As a fellow relic (23 + years playing), no macro line was a bit odd at first, but I love it now. I have owned a 2k2 Timmy and an Axe and I would choose the Axe. With the bolt upgraded (Boss or Lurker) my Axe was quiet, smoother and had better efficiency. And I would get the Eigenbarrel. I haven't used the Lapco barrel kit, but I have an Eigenbarrel and I prefer it over the 20+ barrels I own, including my Lapco Tightstick. It is pretty quiet and seems to work well for me (I only play at 1 field which allows fpo so only 1 type of paint).

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2012, 11:34 AM #23
rauchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
As a fellow relic (23 + years playing), no macro line was a bit odd at first, but I love it now. I have owned a 2k2 Timmy and an Axe and I would choose the Axe. With the bolt upgraded (Boss or Lurker) my Axe was quiet, smoother and had better efficiency. And I would get the Eigenbarrel. I haven't used the Lapco barrel kit, but I have an Eigenbarrel and I prefer it over the 20+ barrels I own, including my Lapco Tightstick. It is pretty quiet and seems to work well for me (I only play at 1 field which allows fpo so only 1 type of paint).
Appreciate the info!!! Wish I had your info a couple of weeks ago.
rauchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:40 AM #24
rauchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterR View Post
Can u send pics of the 2.5 Timmy ????.
This is the photo from the previous owner...
Old 11-26-2012, 11:41 AM #25
rauchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebradley View Post
Welcome to the land of timmies! I've been playing for close to ten years now and I always seem to come back to bob long guns. I think I've had something near 7 different timmies over time so I think you made a solid choice. What model did you get, what board is in it? If you have any set up questions feel free to pm me, I'd love to help another timmy get up and going
Appreciate it!!! Once I work my way through the gun a little, I'm sure I'll be contacting you. Again, thanks!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:06 PM #26
IDopestEverHD

IDopestEverHD is playing at Living Legends V
IDopestEverHD owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
IDopestEverHD is for the Gunfight
IDopestEverHD has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I currently own an axe and trading for it was the best decision in my life..
-easy to maintain
-quiet as hell
-no macro to deal with
-on/off asa
-perfection for the price
IDopestEverHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:28 PM #27
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
Those old timmies are top notch markers. They were top notch when new and are still competitive against just about anything today. They may not be as light as some of today's markers but for anyone but the elite of the elite I don't see there being a single meaningful difference from a 2k2 timmy to anything being made today. As long as your board has software that accommodates the fields/events you plan to play and you have an adjustable ram cap you will be set.

Don't get me wrong, the axe is one heck of a marker, for any money. It has more current support and is a top choice for today' mid-range markers. I couldn't argue against anyone that chose one as the marker they wanted.

Both markers are great choices. I have nostalgia for those early to mid 2000's markers. They typically don't have all the latest board features (oled, rf, etc) and are a little bulkier but they shot ropes of paint at incredible rates (when rof mattered) and were very well built (again, you're looking at markers that have the craftsmanship of a $1000-$2000 marker, depending on model). I personally would take the older timmy over the axe, even though the axe is more advanced, has newer technology/feature sets, and is the current gen of marker. I also only play casually so having a marker or two that I used to lust over means more than any slight performance difference between the two.

If you plan to make money off of paintball, I may change to the axe (maybe, certainly debatable). If not, I think you made an excellent choice.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:56 PM #28
Buckeye22

Annual Supporting Member
Buckeye22 is BST Trusted
Buckeye22 plays in the PSP
Buckeye22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Buckeye22 supports Team VICIOUS
Buckeye22 plays in the APPA D4 division
Buckeye22 supports Empire
cant go wrong with an axe. great marker and great tech support
Buckeye22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:54 PM #29
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED

Annual Supporting Member
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO plays in the APPA D4 division
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
timmy ftw over the axe, i find the timmy's much more comfortable

MUST STOP GUN BEING A GUN WHORE
FOR ALL YOUR BOBLONG NEEDS PM TIM2THOUSAND4
Field of Dreams
900-999-999
BELOWZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:50 PM #30
HunterR

do still have the axe????
HunterR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:40 PM #31
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Axe good, but older Timmies good too. Sorry for language. My Axe was smooth but not the super marker that Intimidators were built to be. This the same reason older Egos hold their value because they are super guns. My first Bob Long was a VICE love it. In fact I tried the G6r because of the no macro line thing. The VICE shoot the same so I kept the VICE and traded the G6R. The gen4 are solid shooters too.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote