Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 AM #1
StockdUp

DP Fusion FX chopping

I bought my FX last year and had no problems at all with the stock set up but when i got to the upping things went wrong. I put the NDZ lightweight ram on and had no problems with anything when using the stock bolt. When i installed the hust bolt and cut the detents down like your supposed to the gun fired a hopper fine at home. The day i tried to play a game with it things went wrong. My gun broke every third ball and intially i thought it to be barrel breaks but quickly realized that i was actually chopping in the breach. I took the gun apart and cleaned it, tried to change barrels and finally got fustrated and returned the stock bolt and detents. Even with the gun put back to somewhat stock (leaving the ram in) I couldn't get it to stop chopping. It turned my V35 into a blender and dirtyed up my rotor pretty good. When i got home i did a total cleaning and reset the board to the defaults but in one hopper I had 3 barrel breaks. Does anyone know what the settings would be so i could stop this? I haven't had any problems up until now but man when it rains it pours.
StockdUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:49 AM #2
StockdUp

PS. yesterday was kinda cold out like 40's and i was using field paint normally running on the harder side, so i don't think brittle paint was the issue
StockdUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:49 AM #3
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Prolly a board setting like the dwell, but one of the others would be more knowledgeable about than I so I will let them get this
Old 11-19-2012, 11:56 AM #4
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
Prolly a board setting like the dwell, but one of the others would be more knowledgeable about than I so I will let them get this
probably not the dwell. i would say that you may not have trimmed the detents enough or trimmed them too much allowing the ball to roll forward to much. also what is your speed setting on the v35 set to?

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:58 PM #5
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
you trimmed your detents too much allowing the ball to bobble more than it should thus letting the bolt clip the second ball more than it should. The new Hush bolts came with detents I thought?
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:34 PM #6
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post
you trimmed your detents too much allowing the ball to bobble more than it should thus letting the bolt clip the second ball more than it should. The new Hush bolts came with detents I thought?
yeah but you still were told to trim them.

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:59 PM #7
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockdUp View Post
I bought my FX last year and had no problems at all with the stock set up but when i got to the upping things went wrong. I put the NDZ lightweight ram on and had no problems with anything when using the stock bolt. When i installed the hust bolt and cut the detents down like your supposed to the gun fired a hopper fine at home. The day i tried to play a game with it things went wrong. My gun broke every third ball and intially i thought it to be barrel breaks but quickly realized that i was actually chopping in the breach. I took the gun apart and cleaned it, tried to change barrels and finally got fustrated and returned the stock bolt and detents. Even with the gun put back to somewhat stock (leaving the ram in) I couldn't get it to stop chopping. It turned my V35 into a blender and dirtyed up my rotor pretty good. When i got home i did a total cleaning and reset the board to the defaults but in one hopper I had 3 barrel breaks. Does anyone know what the settings would be so i could stop this? I haven't had any problems up until now but man when it rains it pours.
That makes me think it was the paint.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:51 PM #8
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
Could be paint issues.... I was using Valken Graffitti at Fulda Gap, second bag in, my FX became a paint blender, 3-4 field strips and 2 back at the car cleanings later, I had no more issues for the rest of the day. Just that one package of paint made a mess of my breech.
NargofWoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:05 PM #9
redrumdnim
dab it up

I've only had the issues when adjusting the board leave everything stock I have the hush bolt n law ram an zero issues its only when I try changing any if the settings it chops.an when you trim the detents you barley even trim them Jus drop a ball in without the barrel if it rolls out the detents are cut too short.
protected by exalt
covered by empire
(DABD OUT)
redrumdnim is offline   Reply With Quote