Community Focus

Old 06-19-2015, 09:17 PM #1
Wgentry22

Wgentry22 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Wgentry22 plays in the APPA beginner division
Wgentry22 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Exclamation Registered Financial Advisor/Retirement Planner

Hey Pb Nation,

I'm a Registered Financial Advisor, and im very passionate about playing paintball. I'm a Co-founder of Avisco Financial, and use LPL Financial for all of my compliance. I enjoy working with people who share the same interests as me. I specialized in retirement planning, and have found it more enjoyable working with younger investors. If you have any questions feel free to contact me, and ask "no charge." I will give you the facts/educate you on anything you want. I want to help guide the path for our generation, and make the sport of paintball known for being enthusiasts that can take care of things on and off the field.

401k rollovers
Taxes
Retirement Plans
Investments

Westin Gentry
Retirement Planner/ Financial Advisor
www.AviscoFinancial.com
Wgentry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2015, 11:25 AM #2
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

What is your AUM?
Watermelondrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:38 AM #3
Wgentry22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelondrea View Post
What is your AUM?
I'm at $3.6 million. I'm 26 years old, and have been in the industry since 2012.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:08 PM #4
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

Been a crazy couple of weeks. Finished in the green today for the first time since last Monday or Tuesday
Old 07-07-2015, 08:39 PM #5
Wgentry22

Yeah great time to make purchases. "Buying right & sitting tight"
Old 07-09-2015, 02:11 PM #6
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

Bargain hunting as we speak.

In other news, China's richest man lost $15B in the market in one hour this past week.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:46 PM #7
Wgentry22

Yeah that's what happens when your economy grows 150% in a single year. If it gains fast it loses fast. Gotta love "smart Beta "
Old 07-09-2015, 04:57 PM #8
NYpaintballer80

has been a member for 10 years
What's your investments philosophy? As a firm that uses a broker/dealer, is most your business fee based or commission based?
Old 07-10-2015, 03:57 AM #9
Wgentry22

Actively managed investments that are formula driven. Constantly running software to stress test the portfolio and monitor volatility.

Fee based is our main focus right now. But we still sell alot of commission based products. Just depends on the client.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:51 AM #10
NYpaintballer80

Interesting. Personally, I worked for a couple large brokerage firms then forfeited of my "broker" licenses to join a fee only RIA. We strictly use passive investment vehicles and think markets are efficient. We focus more on factors you can control (how much risk to take, what mix of investments, how much they cost) rather than placing an emphasis on factors you can't control (trying to beat the market). SPIVA studies suggest 80-90% of active managers will underperform their benchmark, and the ones that over perform usually won't year after year, leading us to our investment philosophy:

There are hundreds of thousand active managers trying to beat the market and few actually do. Additionally, the ones that outperform their benchmark rarely do year after year. The question is: Are the managers that outperform truly skillfull or are they lucky?

That's kind of what our investment philosophy is build around; kind of different. I like to bounce ideas off of people my age with a similar background. Do you use Money Guide Pro for planning software?

Last edited by NYpaintballer80 : 07-10-2015 at 07:15 AM.
NYpaintballer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 03:17 PM #11
Wgentry22

I use Emoney it's the industry leading financial software. It allows me to run any type of illustrations that have anything related to investments, taxes, credit cards, and debt management. It's truly the most powerful tool I've ever experienced. You should look in to trying this software. It's a huge advantage for you, and your clients.

Every clients is different... I build investment strategies that are suitable for each client. I have many factors like age, medical conditions, cash flow/income, and etc. I'm currently moving to all advisory/actively managed accts.. It's awesome for 401K rollovers, and anybody with true investment experience. It's most cost effective to go to fee only advisors. As for investments that outperform the market or their index tend to scare me. I do not ever sell on guarantee unless it's a fixed index annuity. I manage volatility/ smart Beta/ Alpha, and hit ratios inside my clients portfolio. I look for high alpha, and low beta. When it comes to fees/ expenses. Just know that risk is free, and protection can be pricey. But you get what you pay for.

Last edited by Wgentry22 : 07-10-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:34 PM #12
NYpaintballer80

Do you steer clients toward Variable Annuities ever? I am not a fan of them, personally.

When you say you look for high alpha and low beta, are you comparing the funds to the market (S&P) or their risk appropriate benchmark? And over what time period do you look at?
Old 07-13-2015, 09:00 PM #13
Wgentry22

I have a few select variable annuities I recommend. They are great way to offer protection for wealthier individuals, and provide advanced strategies that are typically too expensive for your average investors. I completely understand where your coming from though. A majority of variable annuities are sketchy, and would steer clear of.

When it comes to Beta and Alpha I compare to indexes. But, just depends on the investment I'm analyzing. When your building a portfolio. I personally look for high alpha low beta to reduce volatility.length of investment depends on the client, but I look at investments as long term, and slowly build this strategy into providing retirement income, and tax strategy.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:17 AM #14
NYpaintballer80

I hear ya man. Well good luck I wish you continued success in growing your firm! If you have any questions about the business don't hesitate to reach out and I'll do the same! I'm one of seven advisors at a firm in Upstate NY and we have just over $550 Million under management.

Last edited by NYpaintballer80 : 07-14-2015 at 07:37 AM.
NYpaintballer80 is offline   Reply With Quote