PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-19-2015, 12:54 PM #1
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

Kicking myself...

Almost pulled the trigger on 100 contracts of Apple $117 November 20 calls on Tuesday. They were at $0.05/share and are now at $2.31/share. Lost out on a $20,600 profit in 2 days...

Just thought I'd share because I'm sitting here at work ****ing pissed off when I should be getting on a plane to go on a vacation.
Watermelondrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2015, 07:11 AM #2
NYpaintballer80

has been a member for 10 years
NYpaintballer80 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
NYpaintballer80 supports Ninja Paintball
If you never had it you never lost it!!!
Old 12-01-2015, 04:07 PM #3
Superzeus
Domer

Superzeus is reppin' sidebar 4 life
You need to break down your thesis for wanting to buy the calls in the first place, why you didn't pull the trigger, and weigh both those against the available information at the time. Hindsight is 20/20 and short-term, emotional gut-based investing will fail to produce results in the long run. If you had a sound, reasoned thesis then focus on why you didn't execute. Was it an emotional hangup? You need to have a clear set of criteria - if all these bars are met, then pull the trigger without hesitation. If you wanna **** around with options you need to be rational, disciplined, unsentimental, and learn from your mistakes.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:30 PM #4
NYpaintballer80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superzeus View Post
You need to break down your thesis for wanting to buy the calls in the first place, why you didn't pull the trigger, and weigh both those against the available information at the time. Hindsight is 20/20 and short-term, emotional gut-based investing will fail to produce results in the long run. If you had a sound, reasoned thesis then focus on why you didn't execute. Was it an emotional hangup? You need to have a clear set of criteria - if all these bars are met, then pull the trigger without hesitation. If you wanna **** around with options you need to be rational, disciplined, unsentimental, and learn from your mistakes.
This. Or realize markets are efficient and trying to beat the market is a losing game and buy a vanguard s and p 500 index fund
Old 12-04-2015, 11:15 PM #5
monkeyhobo28436
rr.

monkeyhobo28436 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYpaintballer80 View Post
This. Or realize markets are efficient and trying to beat the market is a losing game and buy a vanguard s and p 500 index fund
Funny enough, over the last 15 years, Vanguard's balanced 60/40 fund has outperformed both SPY and VTI. Diversification!

Also @ Watermelon - that would have been pure speculation that soon to expiration.. we can all say what-if's about some of the greatest gainers in our time or opportunities missed, but i'll bet 99/100x you would have been better off to keep your $500 call premium.
monkeyhobo28436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:40 PM #6
NYpaintballer80

^Amen. S and P is just s small piece of the global market. I was just using it as an example .