PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-16-2012, 02:24 PM #1
rauchman

has been a member for 10 years
Etek and Etha

Greetings,

Getting back into the game after a 10year hiatus. I've been researching new markers and am slowly narrowing down my choices.

What makes the Etek better than the Etha? What does the extra $100 get you?

Thanks!
rauchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 PM #2
Arvic Ong

Arvic Ong owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Arvic Ong plays in the APPA D5 division
Well since the etek is a poppet marker, it will be more efficient and louder than the etha. But with the etha, you'll have a way smoother shot than the etek. Try shooting both of the markers and see what you like best. I've shot both and i've got to say that i like the etha more than the etek only because of the smoother shot. Hope you get the right gun!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:05 PM #3
hzuiel

The price on the etha has dropped to 350, so it's now 150 dollars difference. Currently the etek is more upgradeable, but the etha is the better marker for the money. I think right now the etha should be the gold standard for new player(or someone who is has no gear and is getting back into the game) markers because it comes with grease, parts, tools, a hard carrying case, and a nice 2 piece barrel(i think the etek does too, but just saying, a lot of markers don't.)

My local field won't shut up about the empire axe and it is 460 dollars with no carrying case, no tools(just a parts kit) and a barrel that most anyone would replace immediately. People have complained that there are no upgrades for the etha, but it's a new marker. They already have violent triggers, rampage board, techt bolt, you can do a POPS ASA on it, the emc frame for milsim attachments if you want them.
hzuiel is offline   Reply With Quote