Old 11-16-2012, 01:28 PM #43
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Sounds like you have a problem with businesses trying to squeeze every dollar out of you. When's the last time any one of those businesses didn't increase profits?
or an increase in the cost to produce what he is talking about, causing an increase in price.

unions fight for higher wages, better conditions, more time off, and others. this costs more for the company, meaning either prices go up or staff is cut. unfortunately, unions don't let companies fire workers very easily, so the next best option is to raise prices.

Now, throw in a increase in the various products required to produce the final item being sold to the consumer and that will give you a reason why prices can be increased.

Take a step back and realize not all businesses want to simply raise prices for no reason just so they can make 100 trillion dollars.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:01 PM #44
Rhino1XL
Put a SPRING in it!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Rhino1XL helped look for balloons
Rhino1XL plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post

EXACTLY what I was thinking Umami.

Must have been the zombies that killed the Twinkies....

Although, I'm sure that this is just the beginning of American companies going belly up over the next 4 years. Kodak was first, now Hostess.

Maximum Paintball Supply, Fresno California

Last edited by Rhino1XL : 11-16-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Rhino1XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:17 PM #45
2ffu

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
It wasn't.
Yes, yes it was. they were given a substancial equity position whihc they started selling as soon as it went public, yet the tax payers are still carrying a huge loss.
2ffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:26 PM #46
Lazarusrat

Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
seriously?...

Why have my healthcare costs gone up 45%, 52%, and 65% while my benefits have gone down every year for the past three years then?...
More than likely they have gone for the EXACT SAME REASON health care costs have gone up for the past 50 years... http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money...ce-costs_N.htm

Quote:
That extra money that I am paying doesn't appear on the back of a unicorn flying over a rainbow...

You must be one of those people that think having kids on your plan until they are 26 is "free" too...

Silly liberal.
You must be on of those ignorant teabaggers who has trouble telling reality from the spoon fed fiction that "Fox news" pumps out.

Quote:
What does a gallon of gas cost where you live? It is $3.59 a gallon here right now. And the average for the past four years is extremely high...
May-be gas costs so much because of this...http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Lea...s=WRPNTUS2&f=W
or this...http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Lea...s=WRPEXUS2&f=W

Now call me crazy but when you have a demand for a product and you start EXPORTING (I know you are having issues with this so Exporting means shipping out of America) that product out of supply system to the tune of 3,119,000 Barrels per day in Feb 2012 (which is 984,000 barrles petroleum products more per day than you did in 2011 and 1,440,000 more barrels of petroleum product per day than you did in 2010) it doesn't take an economics major to tell you the cost of that product will go up.s.

Quote:
I guess Wendy's has meals under $5.00 where you live? Cause the #1 is about $5.50 here and that is an increase of a dollar since Obama took over.

That is 20% higher than it was under bush...
And once more WE ARE EXPORTING MORE ALL MOST 3Xs AS MUCH GAS AS WE DID WHEN BUSH WAS PRESIDENT. WHILE OUR DEMAND HASN"T DECREASED OUR US PRODUCTION HAS INCREASED BUT WE ARE CURRENT EXPORTING MORE GAS THAN OUR PRODUCTION INCREASE CAN MAKE UP FOR. THE NET RESULT IS GAS PRICES HAVE CONNTINUED TO CLIMB. THIS HAS INCREASED THE COST IN OTHER FIELDS SO COSTS HAVE RISEN IN THEM AS WELL.

I honestly don't know how much clearer I can make it. There isn't a war on oil. Obama is not to blame. If you want to lower gas prices STOP EXPORTING.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:28 PM #47
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ffu View Post
Yes, yes it was. they were given a substancial equity position whihc they started selling as soon as it went public, yet the tax payers are still carrying a huge loss.
Nope, it wasn't.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:31 PM #48
Murph1329

Quote:
First it's a war on class and now it's a war on business. It couldn't be that Hostess mismanaged and couldn't keep the business profitable.

Weren't you the same guy who said bankruptcy for the auto industry would have been beneficial because the companies don't disappear?
hostess was mismanaged because it couldn't manage itself due to the the unions being uncompromising. Sound familiar? It should because that's the way our federal government is headed.

a good little microcosm of what happens when liberals think they know economics
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:38 PM #49
F1VENOM

Looks like this is the second time around for them.

Quote:
Under the name Interstate Bakeries, the company previously filed for bankruptcy protection in 2004, emerging in February 2009.
The crux of it.

Quote:
Hostess, which is based in Irving, Texas, had total assets of $981million and liabilities of $1.43billion as of December 10, 2011.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...conscious.html

Damn, looks like 4 years of Bush didn't help them. What a shame.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:40 PM #50
Murph1329

Quote:
Looks like this is the second time around for them.

The crux of it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...conscious.html

Damn, looks like 4 years of Bush didn't help them. What a shame.
yep it's bush's fault
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Old 11-16-2012, 02:44 PM #51
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
yep it's bush's fault
As much as it's Obamas.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:46 PM #52
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarusrat View Post
You must be on of those ignorant teabaggers who has trouble telling reality from the spoon fed fiction that "Fox news" pumps out.
LOL
Old 11-16-2012, 02:48 PM #53
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
LOL
yeah it is pretty funny isn't it. how sad is it that people think they can get things for free.

whoever thinks it is has obviously never done an open enrollment on a family plan. The employee contribution is you and the employer contribution is the company you work for. It's not free money. Just wait until everyone starts getting their employer contribution taxed as earned income, but it's ok it's not a tax it's a fee.....HUGE difference because only the lucky people have to pay it. The unlucky people are feeding off you with their flat panel TV and iphone. Being poor in American is hard stuff.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic

Last edited by Murph1329 : 11-16-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:53 PM #54
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ffu View Post
so explain to me why is the UAW was given a major stake in GM?
Because GM owed them big time and the UAW took stock instead of cash as a concession.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:20 PM #55
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
yeah it is pretty funny isn't it. how sad is it that people think they can get things for free.

whoever thinks it is has obviously never done an open enrollment on a family plan. The employee contribution is you and the employer contribution is the company you work for. It's not free money. Just wait until everyone starts getting their employer contribution taxed as earned income, but it's ok it's not a tax it's a fee.....HUGE difference because only the lucky people have to pay it. The unlucky people are feeding off you with their flat panel TV and iphone. Being poor in American is hard stuff.
why are you quoting me when u say this? lol
Old 11-16-2012, 03:35 PM #56
2ffu

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
Because GM owed them big time and the UAW took stock instead of cash as a concession.
what, were they getting IOU's instead of paychecks before?
2ffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:08 PM #57
Murph1329

Quote:
why are you quoting me when u say this? lol
why are you quoting me quoting you? lol
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
Old 11-17-2012, 01:03 AM #58
jamest91

idk... u quoted me and posted something that seemed to be directed toward me. im one of the few people here on PBNation that don't lean left and wipe Obama's *** for him lol
Old 11-17-2012, 01:06 AM #59
Dep
its paintball.settle down

Annual Supporting Member
Dep is BST Trusted
Dep is playing at Living Legends VII
Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dep is for the Gunfight
5000 lost 18000 jobs...that doesnt seem very nice to me
Dep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:17 AM #60
Angry_Birds
Money over *****es

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
seriously?...

Why have my healthcare costs gone up 45%, 52%, and 65% while my benefits have gone down every year for the past three years then?...

That extra money that I am paying doesn't appear on the back of a unicorn flying over a rainbow...

You must be one of those people that think having kids on your plan until they are 26 is "free" too...

Silly liberal.

What does a gallon of gas cost where you live? It is $3.59 a gallon here right now. And the average for the past four years is extremely high...

That costs jobs.

I guess Wendy's has meals under $5.00 where you live? Cause the #1 is about $5.50 here and that is an increase of a dollar since Obama took over.

That is 20% higher than it was under bush...
I always lol when people imply the economy would be better under McCain-Palin. The president is not a magician, it's not his fault Americans are ill-equipped for an increasingly knowledge-based economy.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:24 AM #61
licence2kill
POOP

good thing unemployment is mostly cyclical and not structural then...
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:59 AM #62
drgonzo
Half-cocked

If anyone bothered to read the financial article I posted above, you'd see Hostess was pretty much a sinking ship already. They wanted to keep hanging on by fleecing the workers more and more and the workers basically decided they weren't going to take it. The asset purchaser will probably employ many if not all of the former workers, and they may be similarly screwed over but at least they didn't slit their own throats. Sometimes you have to stand and fight.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:40 AM #63
quakcer

Quote:
Coming from a California resident... I can assure you that unions are one of the most powerful organizational systems in America, and especially California.
That's also why we have to pay for a $68 billion train.
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote