Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 PM #610
L8r_H8r
Timers are ready

L8r_H8r supports our troops
L8r_H8r supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmylife2415 View Post
Some people needed to back out their guide a quarter turn or so
This; though I haven't had to do this yet. So far, I have had zero issues with the four Eigens I've had as far as tolerances, FSDO, or spring binding.

Shocker Owners
L8r_H8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2013, 01:49 PM #611
Rhino1XL
Put a SPRING in it!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Rhino1XL helped look for balloons
Rhino1XL plays in the APPA D4 division
The springs are the same. Lurker bought a whole bunch from me about 3 years ago. I have my originals from 2008 and some new ones and they are the same. I also haven't had any binding issues. I have used stock and Pooty bolt guides without binding occurances. Try backing out your guide a quarter turn.

Rhino

Maximum Paintball Supply, Fresno California
Rhino1XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 AM #612
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
I broke the bolt in very thoroughly the other day. Putting ~16-20 tanks of air through it. I had it on 12.5bps full auto. The ambient temperature was 8*F, and I was over lubing it on purpose due to the extreme process I went through.

Initially I put 4 tanks of air through the gun (4500 til it wasn't cycling fully). @ 12ms dwell, and around 110psi. Cleaned and lubed it. Then I put another 5 through it, same process.

I let the gun sit at this point for a few minutes to "warm up". Then I hooked my tank to the fill station, turned the input up to around 130psi, and shot the gun from 4500 psi til it hit 1k psi and then while still shooting filled the tank back up to 4500.. I did this until I'd put around 8 tanks through the gun (wearing gloves I could no longer tolerate holding the cold *** frame)
Funny thing is that the regulator was still recharging at the same rate, and the gun had no problems cycling consistently in this harsh cold. I also didn't have any bolt stick unless I let the gun sit for 10 minutes.

Then I cleaned the firing assembly (which looked like this)
and put a few more tanks through.

Around this time I cleaned the whole firing assembly again, and replaced all of the orings. Relubed the gun and put another ~5 tanks through it. Cleaned lubed one more time and then tested for leaks or bolt stick.. Surprisingly no bolt stick unless I left the gun aired up for over 25 minutes, and it was just one shot to clear the stiction (ABS setting on 1)

Took it to my tourney this weekend and it shot great over the chrono- paint was really inconsistent in sizing so I changed inserts a few times and then right before our first game I checked my chrono again and it wasn't cycling all the way anymore, so I set it down for the day. Hoping it's just a battery, even though I put a new battery in before doing the break-in, that was a lot of cycles.

One last thing, where can I find a replacement bolt guide bumper? I lost mine at some point, and during the crazy break-in I started to notice wear on the base of the bolt guide, so I threw a 15/90 oring on it to prevent more wear. It cycled great for the last 4 tanks or so but I'm also thinking this oring probably got in the way when I was at the chrono.

Looking for some Gats?

Last edited by Japy : 02-05-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Japy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 AM #613
Marmaduke
Aqua Team Agg Force

Marmaduke owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Marmaduke plays in the APPA D4 division
Aren't you supposed to take the bolt guide bumper out with the Eigen?
A5OG Feedback 12/0/0
Marmaduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 AM #614
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
Not the guide bumper, it eliminates the one on the bolt
inmylife2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 AM #615
Marmaduke
Aqua Team Agg Force

Marmaduke owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Marmaduke plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmylife2415 View Post
Not the guide bumper, it eliminates the one on the bolt
Thanks.
A5OG Feedback 12/0/0
Marmaduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:50 PM #616
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy supports Empire
Oh and sorry for the huge pictures I was too lazy to resize them. Lolz.

Looking for some Gats?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:01 PM #617
MachineGunCrew
Never Say Die

MachineGunCrew plays in the PSP
MachineGunCrew owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MachineGunCrew is Legendary
MachineGunCrew supports DLX Technology
MachineGunCrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
very frosty. very black. lol. hope you took your detents out for all those cycles.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:09 PM #618
tyronejk
titular

tyronejk is an NCPA player
tyronejk plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGunCrew View Post
very frosty. very black. lol. hope you took your detents out for all those cycles.
Doesn't look like he did, looking at the picture lol

Theoretical max efficiency of a marker
Automated paintball turret
tyronejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:25 PM #619
R2-D2
stormtroopers can't shoot

R2-D2 is an NCPA player
R2-D2 plays in the APPA D4 division
I hope you aren't frost bitten
R2-D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:36 PM #620
JL1988

JL1988 plays in the APPA beginner division
oring monkey has bolt guide bumpers
JL1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:44 PM #621
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy supports Empire
Did not take the detents out for those cycles.. I completely forgot to do that.. Whoops.

Though the normal vision side detent backed itself out most of the way during the break-in!... Lol

Looking for some Gats?
Old 02-05-2013, 04:22 PM #622
amossbur
When did he get married?

amossbur donated to help Peyton Trent
amossbur is for the Gunfight
amossbur supports Pev's Paintball
amossbur plays in the APPA D5 division
I've run about 12 tanks of air through my eigen so far and am still having FSDO issues. Here's my set-up:
  • shocktech body
  • stock non HE can
  • stock sleeve
  • Eigen
  • Have used both stock and NDZ LP guide

After this break in period and cleaning and relubing after every tank, I am still getting the black residue on the bolt. The lowest settings I can run it at are 160psi and 17ms dwell. If I try to go lower in dwell the bolt won't even cycle, even when on full auto.

I believe that my tolerances for the o-rings are good. The bolt doesn't fall through the can or sleeve with gravity, but with the smallest of shakes it does.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Old 02-05-2013, 04:50 PM #623
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

Apollo918 plays in the PSP
Apollo918 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Apollo918 supports Team VICIOUS
Apollo918 plays in the APPA D4 division
How's your bolt guide orings?
Old 02-05-2013, 04:54 PM #624
gutgut2hi68
Proud Shocker Owner

gutgut2hi68 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
keep up on breaking it in. your still getting black sludge which tells me its still not quite broken in all the way yet, and the sludge is why your getting fsdo and I wouldn't doubt it if you have drop off during rapid fire. the black sludge is the culprit. after the sludge is gone, you should be able to drop your dwell some, but your input pressure will most likely remain the same 160PSI you have it at now. what board are you using? does it have ABS? if so, id enable it to help against the fsdo problem your having at the moment. once the sludge is gone, and you no longer see it, experiment with lower dwell settings, and possibly lower input pressures. and as Apollo asked, your guide o-rings may be too tight a fit. check them as well.
gutgut2hi68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:47 PM #625
amossbur
When did he get married?

amossbur donated to help Peyton Trent
amossbur is for the Gunfight
amossbur supports Pev's Paintball
amossbur plays in the APPA D5 division
The guide orings are fine. I am using a dynasty board in it
Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 AM #626
samuelkeesee12

I used a little bit of 2500 grit sand paper to first smooth mine out. Then it found good fitting o-rings and moved the pieces by hand with no lube. I think using no lube actually speeds up the break in of the o-rings. I only put very little cycles on my 2 bolts. One got no sludge and the other got very little. On a side note I was curious if anyone tried co2 with theirs. I have used it in the past with my guns cuz compressed air is very hard to get where I live. I used anti syphon tubes in the tanks. I was just wondering if the bolt might react different to air than co2.
samuelkeesee12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 AM #627
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy supports Empire
Your noid wont like it.

Looking for some Gats?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:31 AM #628
Team Live Wire 911
*««FireFighter»»*

has been a member for 10 years
Team Live Wire 911 plays in the PSP
Team Live Wire 911 plays in the APPA D4 division
Team Live Wire 911 supports Empire
Idk the effects of co2 on the bolt but I shot my shocker at a 5man last weekend and was averaging 6-7pods a game and walking off with 1000psi or better. Later in the day I cleaned the bolt and relubed it and our last game I shot 9 pods and a full hopper and still had around 500psi in the tank. I had plunty of people asking what the **** did I do to my shocker to make it shoot like that I just pointed at the lurker sticker on my tank.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 AM #629
samuelkeesee12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japy View Post
Your noid wont like it.
I used co2 a long time ago with my old shoebox shocker and with my older impulses and the noids worked fine on co2. Some people even used to say it was cleaner than air cuz the liquid actually cleans the tanks every fill and air tanks can build up rust inside them. I was just wondering if maybe a little dirty air might be adding to the sludge problem and we're just noticing it more cuz its on a white bolt.
samuelkeesee12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 AM #630
Gisgo09
vGisgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japy View Post
I broke the bolt in very thoroughly the other day. Putting ~16-20 tanks of air through it. I had it on 12.5bps full auto. The ambient temperature was 8*F, and I was over lubing it on purpose due to the extreme process I went through.

Initially I put 4 tanks of air through the gun (4500 til it wasn't cycling fully). @ 12ms dwell, and around 110psi. Cleaned and lubed it. Then I put another 5 through it, same process.

I let the gun sit at this point for a few minutes to "warm up". Then I hooked my tank to the fill station, turned the input up to around 130psi, and shot the gun from 4500 psi til it hit 1k psi and then while still shooting filled the tank back up to 4500.. I did this until I'd put around 8 tanks through the gun (wearing gloves I could no longer tolerate holding the cold *** frame)
Funny thing is that the regulator was still recharging at the same rate, and the gun had no problems cycling consistently in this harsh cold. I also didn't have any bolt stick unless I let the gun sit for 10 minutes.

Then I cleaned the firing assembly (which looked like this)
and put a few more tanks through.

Around this time I cleaned the whole firing assembly again, and replaced all of the orings. Relubed the gun and put another ~5 tanks through it. Cleaned lubed one more time and then tested for leaks or bolt stick.. Surprisingly no bolt stick unless I left the gun aired up for over 25 minutes, and it was just one shot to clear the stiction (ABS setting on 1)

Took it to my tourney this weekend and it shot great over the chrono- paint was really inconsistent in sizing so I changed inserts a few times and then right before our first game I checked my chrono again and it wasn't cycling all the way anymore, so I set it down for the day. Hoping it's just a battery, even though I put a new battery in before doing the break-in, that was a lot of cycles.

One last thing, where can I find a replacement bolt guide bumper? I lost mine at some point, and during the crazy break-in I started to notice wear on the base of the bolt guide, so I threw a 15/90 oring on it to prevent more wear. It cycled great for the last 4 tanks or so but I'm also thinking this oring probably got in the way when I was at the chrono.
I remember playing in the snow with a spyder some 15 years ago (co2 of course) and it looked a lot like your shocker, except my glove was frozen to the expansion champer. I had to wiggle my hand out of it.

Nice reg btw.

http://www.lurkerpb.com/
Gisgo09 is offline   Reply With Quote